Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hi everyone! It's been a bit of time since I have been here. Unfortunately, life got pretty hectic. We had to go to Texas to handle some business for a family member who passed away last September. It was a chaotic and emotional trip. And my health has been acting crazy; I fell in the shower (3 times) in the hotel in Texas the first night and cut my toe which eventually became infected; I had another serious issue that landed me in the emergency room a few weeks ago, and now I have another infection as well as pneumonia. I have definitely been down and out! But my worst news is that my father passed away from Melanoma on Easter morning. He was in so much pain and it is a blessing but I am still heartbroken. It was a very stressful time with the funeral (which is where I am almost 100% sure I got the pneumonia) as well as taking care of my elderly mother. She came down to spend a week with us afterwards (until I got sick...we sent her home right away, but now she has it too!) and she is going to move closer to us eventually in a small apartment. SO many things going on for me in such a short period of time! I haven't had a chance to read through a lot of what I missed but I hope and pray everyone is doing well. I am going to try and stop in more frequently here. It is the one place that always makes me happy and I can use that right now!!

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much right now. I'm incredibly sorry for the loss of your father and I wish you better health in the upcoming weeks and months. I'll be praying for you!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Milestone Day, MMC! Can’t believe we’re half way to Christmas - it’s so exciting!!! I worked today, but only had my 8 hour shift. I’m off for the next 2 days again starting tomorrow, then work Saturday this weekend, so I can be off next Saturday to go away and watch DD twirl, otherwise, I’ll be off the rest of the weekend.

We’re planning on going to a friend’s house this evening. He was just discharge from the hospital last evening. Had been in for blood clots in his lungs and is pretty sick. We’re going to visit, cheer him up, and take take dinner.

Hope you’re all having a great day!

That’s so sweet of you guys to do, thoughts and prayers for your friend.
xx

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you Sugar, it went well. Next is a stress test on Monday. Not looking forward to that but I know it’s important to keep up with these things!

Glad to hear that went well - praying that does too!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Thursday friends ~
It’s going to be a nice day. I’m looking forward to warmer temperatures, we’re going to have a high of 68 degrees. I’m going to walk Rocky in a few minutes. I have plans to drive to my youngest daughter’s office later, we’re going to have lunch together. I’m going to grab Chipotle on the way. Other than that it will be a typical day of errands and chores for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Enjoy lunch and the time with your daughter!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
That’s so sweet of you guys to do, thoughts and prayers for your friend.
xx

Thank you! I know the simple things like that, really meant a lot to me when I was having my issues. Caring and friendship really does go a long way!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, friends! We're almost at the weekend! I don't have one single thing planned today (that I know of) and I love it! I plan on just enjoying the relaxation and some sunshine today. DH is working and the kids are in school. I'll spend some time on here and do some reading as well.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Hi everyone! It's been a bit of time since I have been here. Unfortunately, life got pretty hectic. We had to go to Texas to handle some business for a family member who passed away last September. It was a chaotic and emotional trip. And my health has been acting crazy; I fell in the shower (3 times) in the hotel in Texas the first night and cut my toe which eventually became infected; I had another serious issue that landed me in the emergency room a few weeks ago, and now I have another infection as well as pneumonia. I have definitely been down and out! But my worst news is that my father passed away from Melanoma on Easter morning. He was in so much pain and it is a blessing but I am still heartbroken. It was a very stressful time with the funeral (which is where I am almost 100% sure I got the pneumonia) as well as taking care of my elderly mother. She came down to spend a week with us afterwards (until I got sick...we sent her home right away, but now she has it too!) and she is going to move closer to us eventually in a small apartment. SO many things going on for me in such a short period of time! I haven't had a chance to read through a lot of what I missed but I hope and pray everyone is doing well. I am going to try and stop in more frequently here. It is the one place that always makes me happy and I can use that right now!!
I am so sorry for your loss....many prayers for you and your health.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Ok. Per management- no more conga lines around the Pines Pool- several fired twinkies landed in the skimmer

Also- Jayish’ cheetah speedo is permanently banned!

And- whomever played Abba’s dancing queen 45 times on the juke box- not cool!

And finally - the gift shop announces tariffs on all camel merch imported from Djoubiti!

Yabba!
The Twinkies just wanted to go for a swim. GEEZ, talk about discrimination! I was led to believe The Pines was an open minded, fun establishment...Evidently I was misinformed.:(

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy Friday Eve!
I am looking forward to some sunshine and warmer temps.
Not too much planned for tonight...my husband is working late so I think we may get pizza for dinner.
Hope you all have a great day!
Friday dinner on Friday Eve...YUM!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Thanks to everyone for your comments, prayers, and well wishes. It means so much to me. I am definitely going to try and stop by here as much as I can. I was shocked yesterday to see we are at the halfway mark! How did that happen so quickly?? That was exciting to see and definitely gave me a boost of cheer. The whole time my father was sick my mom couldn't leave him so she was pretty house-bound. Now that she can get out and about again, I promised her we would plan a trip to Bronners. Getting that all set up will no doubt bring some happiness and cheer my way! Hope everyone has a great day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thanks to everyone for your comments, prayers, and well wishes. It means so much to me. I am definitely going to try and stop by here as much as I can. I was shocked yesterday to see we are at the halfway mark! How did that happen so quickly?? That was exciting to see and definitely gave me a boost of cheer. The whole time my father was sick my mom couldn't leave him so she was pretty house-bound. Now that she can get out and about again, I promised her we would plan a trip to Bronners. Getting that all set up will no doubt bring some happiness and cheer my way! Hope everyone has a great day!

That will be a lovely trip! Enjoy the time away together!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy 2nd Half of May MMC! We should have a decent day here today. Weekend looks mostly nice. I'll take decent weather. It may even warm up some and get "warm" by Monday. Soon we'll need the a/c so might as well enjoy the weather now. Have a great TGIF MMC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image