Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope he is ok! Good luck!
My oldest daughter fractured her growth plate when she was younger...she had no swelling or bruising either she just complained that it hurt.

Thanks, SFM! Same thing with DD - she fractured her growth plate in her elbow. We shall see!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning, everyone! Can't believe we're only one week away from Memorial Day! Not much going on today. DH is teaching this morning and plans to hopefully be home by lunchtime, so I'm not sure what we'll do after that, but we do have our niece today as well. After the kids get home, we may have to run DS to get an x-ray of his wrist. We were sitting last night with our best friends and all the sudden hear the cry and death scream you never want to hear from your child - he was just swinging on his swing, apparently went to high and flipped himself backwards. I thought by the way he was laying there and couldn't move he hurt his neck, but thankfully, he is just complaining about his right forearm and wrist area. I don't see a deformity, bruising or any swelling at all, so that leads me to believe it's not fractured, but he is having trouble using it and he is still in a lot of pain, which he could have a hairline fracture - happens a lot with kids and my daughter now has had two of them, which no noticeable injury at all, so if he is still in pain after school today, off to get an x-ray we go!

Hope you all have a great Monday! I'll check back in later!
That's scary! I'm glad it's just his arm! I know that's bad enough, but he can heal from that. Hopefully, it's not too bad.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Milestone Day, Christmas friends!

It's a milestone for us, anyway. Elizabeth graduated high school yesterday! Not only is that the end of her grade school education, it's the end of 18 years of tuition for me and Nancy! Jacob started there in 2001.

Of course, Jacob's college tuition is about the same as private grade school tuition (since Georgia offers lottery-funded scholarships) and he gets an allowance from us. Elizabeth's full-ride scholarship means we won't have to pay college tuition, but we'll be paying her rent, meals and gas for a while.

When I think about it, I guess I'm not really saving any money. o_O Oh, well.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Elizabeth Graduation.jpg

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
That's scary! I'm glad it's just his arm! I know that's bad enough, but he can heal from that. Hopefully, it's not too bad.

Thank you, Brad!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning, everyone! Can't believe we're only one week away from Memorial Day! Not much going on today. DH is teaching this morning and plans to hopefully be home by lunchtime, so I'm not sure what we'll do after that, but we do have our niece today as well. After the kids get home, we may have to run DS to get an x-ray of his wrist. We were sitting last night with our best friends and all the sudden hear the cry and death scream you never want to hear from your child - he was just swinging on his swing, apparently went to high and flipped himself backwards. I thought by the way he was laying there and couldn't move he hurt his neck, but thankfully, he is just complaining about his right forearm and wrist area. I don't see a deformity, bruising or any swelling at all, so that leads me to believe it's not fractured, but he is having trouble using it and he is still in a lot of pain, which he could have a hairline fracture - happens a lot with kids and my daughter now has had two of them, which no noticeable injury at all, so if he is still in pain after school today, off to get an x-ray we go!

I hope your son will be alright. Do they put the wrist/forearm in a cast for a hairline fracture? Hope it won't be needed.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland

It's a milestone for us, anyway. Elizabeth graduated high school yesterday! Not only is that the end of her grade school education, it's the end of 18 years of tuition for me and Nancy! Jacob started there in 2001.

Of course, Jacob's college tuition is about the same as private grade school tuition (since Georgia offers lottery-funded scholarships) and he gets an allowance from us. Elizabeth's full-ride scholarship means we won't have to pay college tuition, but we'll be paying her rent, meals and gas for a while.

View attachment 60042
Wow. Congrats on Elizabeth earning a full ride. That's just awesome. Congrats to you and Nancy too. Your children's achievements are tied to what happens on the home front. Nice work all of you.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

View attachment 60042

Congrats to Elizabeth - you've got to be so proud - full-ride scholarship! That is amazing! She is so beautiful!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I hope your son will be alright. Do they put the wrist/forearm in a cast for a hairline fracture? Hope it won't be needed.

Thank you, Martine! Honestly, it just depends on the type of fracture and where it is. I would think they just put a wrist splint on it and send us to ortho for follow-up, but I wouldn't think it would need an actual cast, but yet, I'll be honest, I just know how we would treat a fracture like that in the ER. Typically a wrist fracture like that, like I said, we would just splint, then have them follow-up. We wouldn't even put a temporary cast on. I'm not sure if he would need a permanent cast on or not. I would doubt it.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good afternoon Merry Friends!
Michelle and are running around South West Georgia shopping today and it is HOT! 90F in the shade. But we’re having fun.
Be blessed.
On the other side of the weather coin, we had cold rain and 40F, yesterday. The skies cleared, last night, and we had a frost warning, this morning.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Some of the Heritage Gardeners committee has started an initiative in our community to adopt a neighbourhood to encourage regular clean up; up until about three years ago, we could pride ourselves on how clean we were, but the last few springs have revealed several dumping grounds and litter all over the place so it's a good idea. I don't think we have to adopt a neighbourhood, taking care of our property and businesses taking care of their storefronts and Parks and Recs taking care of the park grounds should be enough to keep us looking pretty.

I don't know who thinks stuffing garbage into a snow bank is a good idea. If the people dumping stuff at the side of the road here and there were caught, they would incur fines.
The big "IF"...o_O

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good morning and Happy Monday MMC!
It’s going to be cloudy and warmer today with a chance of a thunderstorm. I have a stress test appointment this morning. I don’t really have too much else planned afterward, I’ll just be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be stuffed pork chops, with roasted potatoes and asparagus. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx
By the time we complete some post work errands, I'm not sure what we're chowing on, but it won't be as good as what you have on tap.:)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota

View attachment 60042
Congrats!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
DD graduated 8th grade on Friday. Just four more years! You all know how I hate school. We'll leave on Wednesday to go camping for a week, then back for DD's birthday & VBS. The rest of June looks uneventful and I'll be glad for a rest.

Enjoy the camping trip and Happy Birthday to DD!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Oh my gosh, how scary. Praying DS is okay!
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image