Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Milestone Day, Christmas friends!

It's a milestone for us, anyway. Elizabeth graduated high school yesterday! Not only is that the end of her grade school education, it's the end of 18 years of tuition for me and Nancy! Jacob started there in 2001.

Of course, Jacob's college tuition is about the same as private grade school tuition (since Georgia offers lottery-funded scholarships) and he gets an allowance from us. Elizabeth's full-ride scholarship means we won't have to pay college tuition, but we'll be paying her rent, meals and gas for a while.

When I think about it, I guess I'm not really saving any money. o_O Oh, well.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

View attachment 60042

Congratulations to Elizabeth on her graduation!!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thanks for all the well wishes for DS! He came home and was feeling a little better, so we decided to wait on the x-ray. I know sprain are very painful as well. I appreciate everyone thinking of him!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Thank you, Martine! Honestly, it just depends on the type of fracture and where it is. I would think they just put a wrist splint on it and send us to ortho for follow-up, but I wouldn't think it would need an actual cast, but yet, I'll be honest, I just know how we would treat a fracture like that in the ER. Typically a wrist fracture like that, like I said, we would just splint, then have them follow-up. We wouldn't even put a temporary cast on. I'm not sure if he would need a permanent cast on or not. I would doubt it.
Happy to hear that he was feeling better after school. Honestly he has the most knowledgeable parents to monitor his pain level and how his forearm is looking.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

It's a milestone for us, anyway. Elizabeth graduated high school yesterday! Not only is that the end of her grade school education, it's the end of 18 years of tuition for me and Nancy! Jacob started there in 2001.

Of course, Jacob's college tuition is about the same as private grade school tuition (since Georgia offers lottery-funded scholarships) and he gets an allowance from us. Elizabeth's full-ride scholarship means we won't have to pay college tuition, but we'll be paying her rent, meals and gas for a while.

View attachment 60042
Congratulations to Elizabeth! An important milestone in her life :)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning, everyone! Can't believe we're only one week away from Memorial Day! Not much going on today. DH is teaching this morning and plans to hopefully be home by lunchtime, so I'm not sure what we'll do after that, but we do have our niece today as well. After the kids get home, we may have to run DS to get an x-ray of his wrist. We were sitting last night with our best friends and all the sudden hear the cry and death scream you never want to hear from your child - he was just swinging on his swing, apparently went to high and flipped himself backwards. I thought by the way he was laying there and couldn't move he hurt his neck, but thankfully, he is just complaining about his right forearm and wrist area. I don't see a deformity, bruising or any swelling at all, so that leads me to believe it's not fractured, but he is having trouble using it and he is still in a lot of pain, which he could have a hairline fracture - happens a lot with kids and my daughter now has had two of them, which no noticeable injury at all, so if he is still in pain after school today, off to get an x-ray we go!

Hope you all have a great Monday! I'll check back in later!

Poor guy. Sometimes sprains and strains can feel worse than a break - hope it mends quickly, bet it won't slow him down.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

View attachment 60042

It's a special time in her life and yours; relish this summer. And if she's anything like me, she will be home often and you will find opportunities to visit her as well.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Summer Approaching MMC! I have to tell you all I love this weather. Every day now it's not cold anymore. It's at least comfortable or warm. It feels good. And I still haven't had to put my a/c up. I love wearing shorts. It's so comfortable. Have a great Tuesday!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Terrific Tuesday - my Monday as I was off yesterday for Victoria Day; went for a short drive; the weather wasn't the best chilly with light rain, but the HWY was really wet from the short downpour before I headed out.

O'Malley cat and I hung out together a bit yesterday in the late afternoon. He's always around, but he was much closer to me and I got on the mattress with him for a bit and gave him a nice rub.

Last night, shortly after I went to bed, I awoke from a nightmare; I had been moaning and saying, "Get away!" as I woke. O'Malley was in the doorway keeping an eye on me to make sure I was okay. Weird dream, shadows were after me and it didn't help that when I woke up I saw a shadow in my room, but it was from the fan rotating that cast a shadow on the ceiling and wall from the light coming through the window. Slept pretty good after that.

Have a follow-up with my doctor later today, but I already know the test results were fine.

Keep a merry thought in your head! -reindeer-

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC!
It’s going to be sunny & breezy today with highs near 70, we’re currently at 58 degrees. Not too much going on here, I’m just having a cup of coffee right now. I’m going to start cooking breakfast in a few minutes. I have to do some food shopping this morning and Rocky has a groomer appointment after lunch. Other than that I’ll be working on the laundry. I’d love to sneak a nap in if I could but we’ll see. One of my cats likes to wake me up around 3:00am and I’ve been having a hard time falling back to sleep. Anyway, that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friends of the Season!

The year marches on.
And so too do we march onward through our count, passing Milestone after Milestone until our ultimate goals are reached.

So let's get marching!
Days to the Season: 176
Days to Christmas Day: 218

Next, we will check on our Milestone marker status.
Hmmm....
Well, it appears that our next port-of-call is the Two Hundred Day Christmas Day Window, now closing to within 18 days of our 1020.
That's barely over 2 1/2 weeks from now, Folks!

Sunny and quite warm here yesterday. We had a brief early evening rain that cooled things off a bit and the humidy is predicted to be down today.
Our day-starting thermometer reading here is 69 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Friends of the Season!

The year marches on.
And so too do we march onward through our count, passing Milestone after Milestone until our ultimate goals are reached.

So let's get marching!
Days to the Season: 176
Days to Christmas Day: 218

Next, we will check on our Milestone marker status.
Hmmm....
Well, it appears that our next port-of-call is the Two Hundred Day Christmas Day Window, now closing to within 18 days of our 1020.
That's barely over 2 1/2 weeks from now, Folks!

Sunny and quite warm here yesterday. We had a brief early evening rain that cooled things off a bit and the humidy is predicted to be down today.
Our day-starting thermometer reading here is 69 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Summer Approaching!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !

I miss you guys so much...it has been crazy here looking after my aging mom, keeps me hopping, but I do love looking after her !
I finally got a new van, 2012 Dodge grand caravan. My wonderful sister gave it to me. So nice to drive.
Hoping last nights frost was the last we will see for the season. Looking forward to starting my garden.
Praying you all are doing well and praying harder for all of you that are facing struggles.
upload_2019-5-21_10-44-29.jpeg
now I am off to work !

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Tuesday!! Another nice day out! I love seeing the sun...Still busy at work but that is ok. We will slow down within another month or so. Not too many plans for tonight, I just need to catch up on laundry. Hope you all have a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning MMC !

I miss you guys so much...it has been crazy here looking after my aging mom, keeps me hopping, but I do love looking after her !
I finally got a new van, 2012 Dodge grand caravan. My wonderful sister gave it to me. So nice to drive.
Hoping last nights frost was the last we will see for the season. Looking forward to starting my garden.
Praying you all are doing well and praying harder for all of you that are facing struggles.
View attachment 60106
now I am off to work !

Good to see you :bundleup

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
After my doctor appointment instead of going back to work for an hour, I went shopping; I'll make up for it on Friday.

Stopped in and made an appointment to get O'Malley groomed in mid-June - she'll give him a bath too.

Made my requests for Gary's catered trays for his Celebration of Life on June 8th. (Don't worry, I'll be around in the morning for the milestone excitement.)

Bought two new pairs of shorts, three tops and picked up an awesome find and Bath and Body; a tote filled with good smelly stuff that was valued at $120.00 that I got for $40.00 as a donation for a local silent auction item for a fundraiser.

Well, naturally I had to pick up a couple of things for myself and the cashier told me it's buy two get one free so I picked up a different scent for free.

Picked up more moist food for O'Malley cat as he was down to three small tins.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. Gonna find out who wins The VOICE tonight. (USA version.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image