Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Well today has been a mixed bag of sorts.

I spent some quality time out with my husband. We went out and mooched around a local outdoor pursuits store and looked at some tents.
Then nipped to a few local stores to look for some school uniform bits for our daughter Holly and I treated myself to some new bits and pieces. Then husband had a message that his parcel had been delivered so he was happy. He ordered himself a re-furbished Go Pro so he has a new toy to fiddle with.

I have finally had some good news too - Paypal have released me from PayPal jail so I can now use my account again! Woohoo!

It was slightly tarred though as I got home and my cousin text me that my uncle (her dad) had had a heart attack and was now in hospital. Im still waiting to hear how he is doing but it was tea time when she tried ringing last and I suspect the ward was busy and as I think its visiting hours now - I dont expect she will get an answer just yet but fingers crossed he is ok.

Tomorrow I am going with my mother in law to take her dog Lexi to the vets (she had a horrid experience last time - the vet was too rough and her dog turned and bit her in the face! :eek::eek::eek: so I have promised to go with her and in return she is going to wait for me to go and pick up my husbands birthday cake up. Its in the same street pretty much so will get two things done at once.

Also Angus the pupster has had his final jab and is now free to explore the world so look out, still cant control his legs full but is happily terrorising our other dog Nicky by stealing her toy slipper every chance he gets!

Hope you have all had a good day!

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
DD is in the high school band and they have their music for football season. Christmas in July is right around the corner. I listened to Christmas music in the car last week. I spoke with MIL about when she should get tickets for our Stampede anniversary dinner in December. We are about the be on the downhill slide toward Christmas! Maybe DD & I can watch some Christmas movies before school starts back the first week of August.

Yesterday I made our reservations for our Disney trip next June. Something else to look forward too! This trip will just be the three of us and we hope to be able to see and do some things we haven't done on our previous trips.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Thanks, Meceka! Luckily, it hasn't rained as much here as it was supposed to, but if you pull up the forecast, it continues to look crappy almost every day ahead for the next 10 days still.

It is fun, yes! DD especially loves STEM. It just became a bigger thing in this area a few years back and she is so good in every subject in school (which makes me so proud)! Math I wasn't so hot in, she is a math wiz, so she loves that kind of stuff. She is really enjoying it!

You're welcome! I'm glad the rain hasn't been bad and I pray it continues that way.

Thanks, Meceka! I have a follow-up appointment with my neurologist July 8th - that's when I am to get my license back (silently dancing) lol. If the headaches continue on and off like this, I am going to see if they will put back on something for a rescue drug. I haven't had to for years, but we all know how bodies change with health and age. I'll have to see what he says.

Praying that the neurologist will be able to help you get relief from the migraines!

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Kids are at camp until 12:00, then DS has a follow-up with the orthopedic regarding his wrist, hoping his fracture is looking better. He'll get his wrist re-xrayed and if looking well, he'll get a soft wrist on for 2 weeks or if not, he'll have to get the hard cast back on. I can guarantee if he get the hard cast back on, mom is going to be very strict! LOL.

Hope you all have a great day! See you at the Pines later on!

Praying that DS gets good news from the orthopedic doctor!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning and Happy Pines Day!

Not a lot going on today really. Track practice tonight... maybe, weather depending. We of course have thunderstorms in the forecast this evening.

I should try to run outside and mow the grass before the additional rains comes later today. That just does not seem like fun at the moment.

If this rain keeps up we will have the Great Southwestern Ohio Swampland. It will be a new tourist attraction for the state. o_O

Mid-Michigan is Mosquito Land of late ~ I hope your area is faring better in that department!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

I spent some quality time out with my husband. We went out and mooched around a local outdoor pursuits store and looked at some tents.
Then nipped to a few local stores to look for some school uniform bits for our daughter Holly and I treated myself to some new bits and pieces. Then husband had a message that his parcel had been delivered so he was happy. He ordered himself a re-furbished Go Pro so he has a new toy to fiddle with.

I have finally had some good news too - Paypal have released me from PayPal jail so I can now use my account again! Woohoo!

It was slightly tarred though as I got home and my cousin text me that my uncle (her dad) had had a heart attack and was now in hospital. Im still waiting to hear how he is doing but it was tea time when she tried ringing last and I suspect the ward was busy and as I think its visiting hours now - I dont expect she will get an answer just yet but fingers crossed he is ok.

Tomorrow I am going with my mother in law to take her dog Lexi to the vets (she had a horrid experience last time - the vet was too rough and her dog turned and bit her in the face! :eek::eek::eek: so I have promised to go with her and in return she is going to wait for me to go and pick up my husbands birthday cake up. Its in the same street pretty much so will get two things done at once.

Also Angus the pupster has had his final jab and is now free to explore the world so look out, still cant control his legs full but is happily terrorising our other dog Nicky by stealing her toy slipper every chance he gets!

Praying your uncle is ok!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Keeping good thoughts for your uncle.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
+d Hello my merry chums

We only got a wee bit of rain in the late afternoon that cleared up before I had to get out of the car.

So yes, Mr. Fogerty, I have seen the rain coming down on a sunny day.

Have an overnight away tonight and I'm not taking my laptop so I won't get to check in until late Friday after 7:00 if I go up to the Relay event for a bit.

I waited to pack until this morning so as not to disturbed his majesty a.k.a my wild thing of a cat, O'Malley.

I have to leave early so I told O'Malley he could wake me up at 4:14, he woke me up at 4:04 coughing up a fur ball. That's not an enjoyable sound at the best of times.

He was excessively grooming since I got him back from the groomers last weekend. Trying to stay fresh I guess.

Have a jolly day! :ornarment

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Final Day of Spring MMC! Can't believe this season ends today already. It went so fast. We have a humid and showery morning again. It hasn't been a nice week but the weather looks beautiful for the weekend ahead. That's what we work all week for right? Have a great Final Day of Spring!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! I have the day off and there will be the usual chores and errands to run. Also Loki has an appointment at the groomer's, which will help him in this rising heat and humidity. But he'll lose his fluffness that we love so much. It will be grey skies and rain all day. But we've had a string of sunny days so it's ok. We'll enjoy some moves and catch up on the dvr. Have a great day everyone!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.
Over the hump and down the slope we go.
Straight on through to the weekend!

Days to the Season: 146
Days to Christmas Day: 188

And we now find ourselves UNDER a week away from the HALF WAY point to Christmas Day 2019, as the year slowly winds down.
(Can you believe the Christmas Blossoms 2019 thread will be launching in a little over 3 months!)

We had some light rain yesterday but it did not amount to much. It was a bit cooler but the humidity was still there.
Today will see us return to the mid 90's with an 80 percent shot at some rain and possible thunderstorms by the afternoon.
We are at 76 degrees here currently, and it's bright, sunny and calm.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, my Friends!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It was a wet afternoon, and my lawn is getting out of control. I might start mowing at lunch today, just to get a jump on the afternoon rain.

Oh yeah...

MaryPoppins1.JPG

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
Over the hump and down the slope we go.
Straight on through to the weekend!

Days to the Season: 146
Days to Christmas Day: 188

And we now find ourselves UNDER a week away from the HALF WAY point to Christmas Day 2019, as the year slowly winds down.
(Can you believe the Christmas Blossoms 2019 thread will be launching in a little over 3 months!)

We had some light rain yesterday but it did not amount to much. It was a bit cooler but the humidity was still there.
Today will see us return to the mid 90's with an 80 percent shot at some rain and possible thunderstorms by the afternoon.
We are at 76 degrees here currently, and it's bright, sunny and calm.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, my Friends!
Thanks Crown! Happy Last Day of Spring!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It was a wet afternoon, and my lawn is getting out of control. I might start mowing at lunch today, just to get a jump on the afternoon rain.

Oh yeah...

View attachment 61204

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Wow! That is really exciting. Congrats to Elizabeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image