MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Be there or be square!

I just said, "Be there or be square" the other day. The wee crowd didn't get it.
I think we might be old. Then again, I can't be sure 'cause I'm old.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

HaHa - Saw that one on FB a few weeks ago.
It's so common for us Northerners, but for those who see less of it; well, it's a connection to Christmas.

I for one can see it disappear, I've had my taste of it and will still keep on being merry without it.

I appreciate the four season and the colours and such that go with them, but I sure wish Fall and Summer would stick around longer in my neck of the woods than winter.

Stay jolly; stay warm.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It's the weekend - yabba!!! :snowhappy Would be more Yabba with less snow.

I have nothing major planned, but my husband had a difficult time this week with me at work for 5 days straight without a day off in between like the week previous.

Hope I get to my dads for a visit, but he understands. He went through all of this with my mom and he is busy working on a book and will likely do some more oil paintings to occupy his time.

We have enough food to last, but there are some groceries I still need to grab to make quick dishes for my husband to warm up during the week.

I haven't driven my car since Sunday and I'm about to go "stir crazy"; weird 'cause I was a late bloomer and didn't get my license until 2013. I love it now and I'm a very efficient driver; other motorists would love to be driving behind or in front of me; I'm safe and not afraid so I keep things moving, signal, switch lanes properly, etc. I also like to sing along to the tunes on Sirius or my USB clip; calms me and gives me joy at the same time.

On Wednesday, when I was walking the 9 blocks back from the blood lab (only mild day all week), I encountered so many bad drivers as a pedestrian. I realized this week how much I rely on my vehicle now.

I'm not as worried about my husband's car as I am my own, 'cause right now he's not going anywhere, but I don't like it to look abandoned and now and then I want to run around in old Belvedere 'cause that was my first car.

Keep a merry thought in your head+e

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
It's so frustrating, I think I'm turning the corner, and wham I get knocked down a couple pegs. Thank you, today was a better day.

Thank goodness - I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Thanks M! I hope we get to watch it snow all day! xx Merry Friday to you. Hope you have a Merry weekend!!!!

You're welcome, Holiday!
I hope you get to watch it snow all day, too!
Thank you!!!
xx

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Good afternoon MMC!! My work week is complete. YAY!!! Tomorrow we have a winter weather advisory for 3-5" of snow. Bring it on. Sounds like a GREAT day to stay home & watch it snow!!! :D
:snowball

My hubby got home from work early last night (6:15) so we went out to eat Mexican. Delicious!!

I don't think we have much planned for the weekend. Looking forward to hanging at home & hopefully watching it snow!!! I will really enjoy my tree's even more if it's snowing! :)

Everyone, have a wonderful Friday!!!!

I hope they are right this time and we get this snow!! We are supposed to get 3-5" in my part of Ohio too...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
[
My daughter had a low grade fever and bad cold right before Christmas. Then I had the cold last week. There is so much going around! Hope you are all better soon!
I hope your daughter feels better

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good afternoon MMC!! My work week is complete. YAY!!! Tomorrow we have a winter weather advisory for 3-5" of snow. Bring it on. Sounds like a GREAT day to stay home & watch it snow!!! :D

My hubby got home from work early last night (6:15) so we went out to eat Mexican. Delicious!!

I don't think we have much planned for the weekend. Looking forward to hanging at home & hopefully watching it snow!!! I will really enjoy my tree's even more if it's snowing! :)

We are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches in my area of New Jersey
I hope you are feeling better as the day is going along. I hope Carolina is back to 100% soon too!!! Take care of yourself!
Thank you! Her fever broke before lunch and she has been fever free since. Still coughing though. I think my fever came back so I'm hoping Tylenol and lots of water help tonight.
You're welcome!

Praying you are better soon! xx
Thank you! It's so hard to be sick when everyone needs you
I pray everyone feels better!
Thank you!
Ever seen this ad?
Yes I have and it is so true! I played for a bit but still ft icky before work
Okay - now I want French Toast too. It's not pure merry pressure, is it?

Way back in my childhood days, a new family had moved in down the street and I went over to introduce myself. I always managed to knock on doors around breakfast or lunch -haha.

Anyway, the mother was making French Toast for her twin children who were two years younger than I. She asked if I wanted some, but I didn't think so because it was too sweet. I visited with the children in their kitchen booth while she was preparing their breakfast. The smell was good, the appearance was good - this was not French Toast - well not the way my brother made it.

Softly I suggested, "Maybe I should try it before I say I don't like it." Well, it was quite good. My brothers idea of French Toast was to tear off bits of toast and pour syrup over it. What the mom made for her paternal twins was not the same food at all.

I make French Grilled Cheese - the cheese and ham are prepared inside the bread and I add ketchup so it's warm; then I dip both sides in egg and toss it in the pan and flip it over - I can't eat syrup, but what I make is yummy.
Such a great memory. French Grilled Cheese sounds good!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I came into my office this morning and the heat wasn't working. The repairman is on his way. -shiver-

Oh BRR! I hope it didn't take them long to get it fixed!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Carolina still had a slight fever this morning but it's no where near as high as it was last night. Mike feels better bur still has a cold so he chose to stay home. I'm laying on the couch trying to feel better before work since there is no one to cover for me. Poor Carolina wants to play and I don't have the energy so she is sad now

So sorry to hear you guys are still ill. Continued prayers.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
TGIF...another work week in the books! It is bitterly cold out there. My cousin and her family are coming tomorrow from NY. I think we are going to go bowling tomorrow night and maybe go out to dinner. No real plans for Sunday...although I think I will start taking down my Christmas decorations. Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Sounds like fun. Enjoy their visit and hope they have safe travels.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Stay safe and enjoy the snow!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning everyone! Bitter cold this morning and we received another dose of snow overnite. It looks like we now have 15" of it.

Wow! Stay warm and safe!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
My cousin contacted the New England Patriots after his brother passed to let them know what a passionate fan he was. The Patriots Organization sent back a card expressing their condolences. I love the Pats but this made me love them even more

So cool!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Finally caught up here. Stayed up late to watch the Pens. DH and I had have been doing some car shopping tonight. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! It's a Cold Winter Weekend! Definitely feels like Christmas time. No snow though. Looks like the storm will continue to stay to our south. I'm ok with that but I wouldn't mind 1 big snowstorm this winter at some point. Just got my errands to do after a busy work week. Have a great Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image