Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I'd appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers you could send out for my brother ~ he is really having a hard time with the chemo and isn't eating but a few bites a day. Thank you!
I’m keeping your brother in my thoughts and sending him strength. Is there not medication to stimulate his appetite that he could take? And others have suggested great options. I hope your brother finds something that works for him.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Second Week Day, Guys!
We are racing along through the Home Stretch to the beginning of Christmas Season 2109, and it's closer than you might think.

Days to Halloween: 16 (2 weeks from the day after tomorrow!)
Days to the Season: 29 (Four weeks from tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 71 (Ten weeks from tomorrow!)

(And those numbers are starting to look awfully small, Folks!)

The weather continues quite pleasant. The rain that fell Sunday night quickly dried up and we had a beautiful, sunny day yesterday, with moderate temps and low humidity.
Today will be great too, then a cooling trend starts which will see us down into the mid 40's tomorrow night, with highs in the mid 60's.
Our starting temperature here this morning is a cool 52 degrees under sunny skies.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Second Week Day, Guys!
We are racing along through the Home Stretch to the beginning of Christmas Season 2109, and it's closer than you might think.

Days to Halloween: 16 (2 weeks from the day after tomorrow!)
Days to the Season: 29 (Four weeks from tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 71 (Ten weeks from tomorrow!)

(And those numbers are starting to look awfully small, Folks!)

The weather continues quite pleasant. The rain that fell Sunday night quickly dried up and we had a beautiful, sunny day yesterday, with moderate temps and low humidity.
Today will be great too, then a cooling trend starts which will see us down into the mid 40's tomorrow night, with highs in the mid 60's.
Our starting temperature here this morning is a cool 52 degrees under sunny skies.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Happy Mid October!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I'd appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers you could send out for my brother ~ he is really having a hard time with the chemo and isn't eating but a few bites a day. Thank you!
Sent a prayer, Meceka!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Hey everyone, it has been awhile since I've been on here, but I hope everyone is doing well. In the past couple of years I have been battling cancer. I'm blessed to say that I am now in remission since May of this year. It was a long, tumultuous battle but I'm certainly glad to be on the other side of it. Just wanting to say hello to everyone.
Glad to hear you're doing better, Vet!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's raining...a lot! Woohoo! We're down about 7" of rain for the year, so this is really wonderful.

Tonight is Elizabeth's opening night, so we'll be at the University this evening. I hope she has time to join us for dinner afterwards.

And I hope y'all have a great day! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Hey everyone, it has been awhile since I've been on here, but I hope everyone is doing well. In the past couple of years I have been battling cancer. I'm blessed to say that I am now in remission since May of this year. It was a long, tumultuous battle but I'm certainly glad to be on the other side of it. Just wanting to say hello to everyone.
Hooray for your remission! Long may it wave!
Happy to see you here again, and wishing you a joyous holiday season ahead.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I’m praying Meceka. Sending lots of love and hugs.
xx

Praying for your brother my friend.

Prayers will be going up. I know how that is.
My chemo messed with my sense of taste, and nothing tasted very good. It made it hard to eat. My oncologist recommended Carnation Instant Breakfast so I could get enough nutrition when I had no appetite.

Lots of prayers are flowing for both of you.

Meceka. Yes try the carnation Instant Breakfast. It’s good for calories and nutrition Yabba!

And try peppermint tea to help w nausea. Good luck. Sending Yabba wishes !

I’m keeping your brother in my thoughts and sending him strength. Is there not medication to stimulate his appetite that he could take? And others have suggested great options. I hope your brother finds something that works for him.

Sent a prayer, Meceka!

Thank you so much for the prayers and advice! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Awesome news that you are in remission!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

It's raining...a lot! Woohoo! We're down about 7" of rain for the year, so this is really wonderful.

Tonight is Elizabeth's opening night, so we'll be at the University this evening. I hope she has time to join us for dinner afterwards.

Yay for the rain!
Best of luck to Elizabeth on her opening night!
I hope you will be able to have dinner with her after the show. :)

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Last week we had 8 inches of rain in three days. Then 5 spectacular days in a row. The outdoor pool temperature never went below 85 despite the rain (the heater must have been running all day and night.) I've been in the pool for the last three days. It helps my failing muscles feel "normal." I'm blessed to be here.

Prayers going up for all intentions I read on this forum.

We had a spectacular full moon and it looked majestic over the ocean. Here is a photo.72045867_1421373174681218_6408259181802946560_o.jpg

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

It's raining up here to Bradmac. And it's much needed. I found a very long crack in the ground in the back yard this past weekend. Haven't seen that since the big drought several years ago.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Look at you getting the gifts done already. That’s awesome!

How horrible about the key box though - hopefully they get a lead and figure out who did it.
Toyland's opening, each year, has been repeatedly kind to us in time and fiscal savings. It really is the start of our season.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks, Rich!

Yeah - we take the kids and do a shopping trip for summer clothes and then for the fall/winter. My kids are at the age that they’re outgrowing stuff still almost every year. We’re about 30 minutes from Penn State University and they have some great stores up in the area and that’s where we will be going. It will be a nice evening!
Glad to hear clothing shopping isn't an additional headache. One in a day is more than sufficient.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good to hear...Enjoy life in general, but especially the upcoming season....:D

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning MMC !
Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. We already had the big dinner with our family and had a really great time together.

This is a picture of the eldest, my mom at 88 years and the youngest Mira 6 months old in our family. The dress Mira is wearing is one that mom made for Miras Aunt over 30 years ago

34 family members made it to this event...only missing 8 from BC. and 2 from here in Ontario and 2 from Vermont
View attachment 64306

That's wonderful; we had twelve and I was the youngest of the three grandmas present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image