Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, Friends!
Closing in on Thanksgiving, now. Just one week to go.
Gobble!

Today's count data:
Days to Thanksgiving: 7 (ONE WEEK, indeed!)
Days to Christmas Day: 34 (UNDER 5 weeks remain, now!)

Cool but reasonably comfortable, with a light to medium jacket.
A repeat today, then about 5-10 degrees warmer for tomorrow.
We begin this fourth day of the week at a rather coolish but sunny and calm 44 degrees, here.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Almost time to carve the turkey..finally.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

Well, I got started on the water leak in my yard yesterday afternoon about 4:30, and I finally finished fixing it at 11pm. What a mess I had! I had a hole as large as our dining room table, the water was turned off to the house, and I was covered in mud and dirt and PVC glue, but it's done.

And I'm still scraping that dark blue PVC glue off of my hands, arms, face, etc. But we had water at the house when I was done. CONQUERED. DOMINATED.

For my next amazing feat, I'm going to give Lulu a bath.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Did you & Lu jump in the tub together??? :D

And by the way - Happy Belated Anniversary!!! How awesome ~ 25 years!! You are 2 yrs + 4 months ahead of us! Wishing you many, many more!!!!! ♥

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning gang!!! I am having a really hard time focusing on working today! I want to be at home finishing up decorating my tree!!! The good news is I am working on putting up the tree at work - it's almost done but I still have a little bit to do today - love it!! At home, I have the sunroom tree done, I'm in the process of the main/tv room tree! I have it up & the lights that I put on the "inside" - row by row, but it needs more lights wrapped around it & of course garland & decorations!!!! I'm so loving it!!!

Saturday we are going on our annual shopping trip to a holiday open house in a town about an hour from here. Always one of my faves! Then we are going to the local sports bar for lunch & to watch the Buckeyes!

We have been listening to Christmas music at work since the local channel switched on Nov. 1st. We are trying to turn our young co-worker into a Christmas nut! She's a bit of a bah humbug (she said) until after Thanksgiving! Boooooo! T-day is too late this year! Millennials! HA!!! ;) I think we are starting to get her turned around into thinking right!! :)

Hope all is well with all of you & you are having a good week!!!!

-santa-
Hi Holiday!! Great to see you!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Pines Day!!
My daughter's surgery went well..she is in some pain as to be expected but overall ok. Thanks so much for the prayers and well wishes!
I hope everyone has a great day!!
Glad to hear it went well. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!!

Merry Friday Eve and 1 week until Thanksgiving!!
The sun is shining and looks like it will be about 50 out today..not too bad.
Typical work day for me....hope you all have a great day!
Merry Friday Eve!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC ~
It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 50 degrees. I’m just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. I’m going to walk the dogs in a little while. I have a hair salon appointment later this morning. Errands and chores afterward. Dinner will be chicken parm & spaghetti. That’s it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx
Enjoy your pampering today!!! Then give some extra pampering to your fur babies!! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning! My vacation week is going by too fast. It will be sunny and mild all day, but rain is moving in tomorrow before temperatures will drop again, so it will likely be an icy mess Saturday mirning.

Yesterday I baked while listening to Christmas music again and the cinnamon swirl cookies turned out well. Today I may tackle maple meringue cookies. As much as I love baking, I rarely do it because there are only two of us in the household and most of what I do can’t be frozen. I do plan to bake and sell treats at work for the next three weeks, to help pay for the annual Christmas party that stores in our district put together for a local organization that helps families in need.

I also plan on deep cleaning our living room today, in preparation for the decorations and tree going up this weekend. I have to check our lights to see if we need to buy anything tomorrow before decorating. And I think I finally found decent outdoor battery-operated lights, so we may decorate our balcony for the first time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Sounds delicious!! Sounds like a great day! Enjoy!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Did you & Lu jump in the tub together??? :D

And by the way - Happy Belated Anniversary!!! How awesome ~ 25 years!! You are 2 yrs + 4 months ahead of us! Wishing you many, many more!!!!! ♥
Thanks! And no, Lu would be mortified to jump in with me. She even leave the room when I change clothes LOL. I guess she wishes I used more modesty around the house!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks! And no, Lu would be mortified to jump in with me. She even leave the room when I change clothes LOL. I guess she wishes I used more modesty around the house!
-santa dance-

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning gang!!! I am having a really hard time focusing on working today! I want to be at home finishing up decorating my tree!!! The good news is I am working on putting up the tree at work - it's almost done but I still have a little bit to do today - love it!! At home, I have the sunroom tree done, I'm in the process of the main/tv room tree! I have it up & the lights that I put on the "inside" - row by row, but it needs more lights wrapped around it & of course garland & decorations!!!! I'm so loving it!!!

Saturday we are going on our annual shopping trip to a holiday open house in a town about an hour from here. Always one of my faves! Then we are going to the local sports bar for lunch & to watch the Buckeyes!

We have been listening to Christmas music at work since the local channel switched on Nov. 1st. We are trying to turn our young co-worker into a Christmas nut! She's a bit of a bah humbug (she said) until after Thanksgiving! Boooooo! T-day is too late this year! Millennials! HA!!! ;) I think we are starting to get her turned around into thinking right!! :)

Hope all is well with all of you & you are having a good week!!!!

-santa-
So many trees to decorate Holiday, I am envious! I don’t understand people like your coworker who think this late in November is still too early for Christmas. Enjoy all the decorating you are doing and share pictures if you can :)

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Hope you guys are better soon!!
Thank you! I saw the doctor this morning ... I just have a post-viral cough, and got some good advice for soothing it until it fades away.

Made some headway on my Christmas projects today. I have to correct a few things tomorrow, but I DID make progress!

And one week from today is Thanksgiving. It's not creeping up on us anymore, it's galloping!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
It's never too early to decorate. It is a personal choice. I'm probably the only person in my condo who has a Christmas tree up but I enjoy seeing it. For me, it doesn't interfere with the beauty of Thanksgiving.

We always waited until the night of Thanksgiving or the following day to decorate but it's so late this year and I didn't want to wait.

Plus, I'm so enjoying getting Christmas cards this early. I got another one today and it made my day!

MerryCarey, I hope each day finds you feeling better than the day before.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

In a few hours, we'll reach the 25 year mark. Whew! Before I married my first wife (don't ask; big mistake), I tried to get Nancy to go out with me...and she turned me down! I asked her out a couple of times, and she said no. So, I went out with someone else, got married then divorced. THEN she was ready to go out with me LOL.

Anyway, I'm glad she did!

And it's Elizabeth's 19th birthday today, so we're all going out tonight (in between her play rehearsals).

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Great story; my mom went out on a dancing date with my dad to make another boy jealous and wound up not caring about that other boy.

Hope you had a lovely anniversary dinner and birthday celebration for Elizabeth and that she is having fun with her performance.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Well, I missed the start of the season :( but I'm still doing better than year's past! Hope everyone has a great day!

Good to see you posting again :ornarment

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Pines Day!!
My daughter's surgery went well..she is in some pain as to be expected but overall ok. Thanks so much for the prayers and well wishes!
I hope everyone has a great day!!

Good news - hope she doesn't take too long to mend.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I finally saw the first Dolly Parton's Stampede Christmas commercial of the year (we go there every year for our wedding anniversary, which is in December). The Christmas lights are going up on the light poles in town today!

I saw an ad for it Monday night. Have fun with your tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image