AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Thursday morning! My vacation week is going by too fast. It will be sunny and mild all day, but rain is moving in tomorrow before temperatures will drop again, so it will likely be an icy mess Saturday mirning.

Yesterday I baked while listening to Christmas music again and the cinnamon swirl cookies turned out well. Today I may tackle maple meringue cookies. As much as I love baking, I rarely do it because there are only two of us in the household and most of what I do can’t be frozen. I do plan to bake and sell treats at work for the next three weeks, to help pay for the annual Christmas party that stores in our district put together for a local organization that helps families in need.

I also plan on deep cleaning our living room today, in preparation for the decorations and tree going up this weekend. I have to check our lights to see if we need to buy anything tomorrow before decorating. And I think I finally found decent outdoor battery-operated lights, so we may decorate our balcony for the first time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Busy Busy +l Merry Merry.

I remind you the username Homemakingirl is already taken.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning gang!!! I am having a really hard time focusing on working today! I want to be at home finishing up decorating my tree!!! The good news is I am working on putting up the tree at work - it's almost done but I still have a little bit to do today - love it!! At home, I have the sunroom tree done, I'm in the process of the main/tv room tree! I have it up & the lights that I put on the "inside" - row by row, but it needs more lights wrapped around it & of course garland & decorations!!!! I'm so loving it!!!

Saturday we are going on our annual shopping trip to a holiday open house in a town about an hour from here. Always one of my faves! Then we are going to the local sports bar for lunch & to watch the Buckeyes!

We have been listening to Christmas music at work since the local channel switched on Nov. 1st. We are trying to turn our young co-worker into a Christmas nut! She's a bit of a bah humbug (she said) until after Thanksgiving! Boooooo! T-day is too late this year! Millennials! HA!!! ;) I think we are starting to get her turned around into thinking right!! :)

Hope all is well with all of you & you are having a good week!!!!

-santa-

Merrily diving into the season.

I decided not to go to Ottawa for #2 grandson's birthday so I can focus on my gift wrapping and cards instead.

On Monday, I'm taking a collection of gently used toys, books and warm clothes to a community an hour away. On the way back I'll stop at Kate's Country Kitchen and grab myself a wholesome turkey sandwich on fresh baked bread and bring it home for supper as an early American Thanksgiving treat.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm back; short trip good symposium and not too bad for driving weather.

Saw the stars for the first time in months, there are too many city lights in my neighbourhood and they make it hard to see the constellations. Sadly, after dinner, the overcast and fog rolled in blocking out any chance we had to see the Northern Lights.

It's okay, I was sleeping by the time they were supposed to be visible.

O'Malley cat was happy to see me; he cleaned out one of his kibble dishes and started a second by the time I got home.

After some hardy pats from his "maawww", he was looking for moist food to eat.

It's raining and chances are most of the snow we have will be gone if it continues. They're calling for flurries in the morning so we'll see, but the temps haven't been too bad. I have been wearing my mid-season coat (funny I thought I was done with that). Tomorrow I am hoping to find a second winter coat; there's a sale on at Urban Planet. The one I have now is a long green coat that I gave my mom for Christmas three years ago and it got returned to me the following year. I love it, but it's really heavy and not suitable for when I'm running around with the grandkids. I also need a new pair of work out shoes for the gym; I'm heading back there on Sunday.

In case you aren't already doing it; stay jolly! +d

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving TGIF MMC! This is the last one before the big day. And the last weekend is approaching. The last "calm" weekend although lots of running around to do to get ready for the big day Thursday. Thankful it's Friday today. Have a great Thanksgiving TGIF!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Friday!!
Work for me today and looking forward to a relaxing weekend!
Looks like Sunday will be a washout but that will give me an excuse to stay in and prep for Thursday!! Can't believe we are less than a week away!
Enjoy your day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I had another fun-filled evening of cleaning, rearranging, and hanging pictures, as Nancy continues her trailblazing efforts to make our home presentable at Thanksgiving. It's really looking good...a little TOO good, though. I was hesitant (and, ultimately, too afraid) to make my morning bowl of Cream of Wheat, for fear of leaving a smudge on the stovetop and incurring the wrath of She-Who-Runs-The-Show.

So, I went to the local breakfast place for a bowl of grits & eggs. Not bad!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Last edited:

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.

Hey, look. Weekend Eve is back! So punctual and dependable.

Our count is dependable, too.
We know for a fact each day, the numbers decline by one.
(And you can count on that!)

Days to Thanksgiving: 6 (UNDER ONE WEEK, now!)
Days to Christmas Day: 33 (Less than half a week to the one month mark!)
(Slowly dwindling down to a bedpost, Guys.)

Can't quite shake this jacket-requiring coolness. But today, if predictions hold, should see us finally up into the mid-60's, with plenty of sun and very little chance of precipitation.
Looking at our back yard thermometer, we perceive an opening reading of 54 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
Enjoy your Weekend Eve.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I'm delayed in my response, but thanks to all of you for your thoughts & prayers! It really was a fun day, considering! I loved seeing all the pics of her - especially her healthier years, laughing it up! I have one of her in front of the Christmas tree just a giggling! She was so happy! Love that pic! ♥

(((hugs))) to you - I'm sure this is some of the best memories.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning gang!!! I am having a really hard time focusing on working today! I want to be at home finishing up decorating my tree!!! The good news is I am working on putting up the tree at work - it's almost done but I still have a little bit to do today - love it!! At home, I have the sunroom tree done, I'm in the process of the main/tv room tree! I have it up & the lights that I put on the "inside" - row by row, but it needs more lights wrapped around it & of course garland & decorations!!!! I'm so loving it!!!

Saturday we are going on our annual shopping trip to a holiday open house in a town about an hour from here. Always one of my faves! Then we are going to the local sports bar for lunch & to watch the Buckeyes!

We have been listening to Christmas music at work since the local channel switched on Nov. 1st. We are trying to turn our young co-worker into a Christmas nut! She's a bit of a bah humbug (she said) until after Thanksgiving! Boooooo! T-day is too late this year! Millennials! HA!!! ;) I think we are starting to get her turned around into thinking right!! :)

Hope all is well with all of you & you are having a good week!!!!

-santa-

Sounds fun! Enjoy the shopping trip!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I had another fun-filled evening of cleaning, rearranging, and hanging pictures, as Nancy continues her trailblazing efforts to make our home presentable at Thanksgiving. It's really looking good...a little TOO good, though. I was hesitant (and, ultimately, too afraid) to make my morning bowl of Cream of Wheat, for fear of leaving a smudge on the stovetop and incurring the wrath of She-Who-Runs-The-Show.

So, I went to the local breakfast place for a bowl of grits & eggs. Not bad!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

:D:D:D

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Day off today, then I'll go back to work tomorrow for 3 days of 12 hour shifts. DH is at the kids school sorting a fundraiser, then when he gets back, we have to deliver everything, so that's what we'll be busy doing this afternoon. This evening, we plan on having a date night, since his parents have to take the kids for us early in the am anyway, they offered to just take them tonight, to make it easier on themselves. It will be nice - I can't remember when we had our last one - probably our anniversary in July! I think we plan on going for dinner and maybe going to see the new Mister Rodgers movie or depending on how tired we are, maybe we'll just stay in. I think It's a Wonderful Life is on tonight, which is one of my favorites! We both work in the morning, so I don't want to be up very late. Hope you'e all having a great day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning all! Day off today, then I'll go back to work tomorrow for 3 days of 12 hour shifts. DH is at the kids school sorting a fundraiser, then when he gets back, we have to deliver everything, so that's what we'll be busy doing this afternoon. This evening, we plan on having a date night, since his parents have to take the kids for us early in the am anyway, they offered to just take them tonight, to make it easier on themselves. It will be nice - I can't remember when we had our last one - probably our anniversary in July! I think we plan on going for dinner and maybe going to see the new Mister Rodgers movie or depending on how tired we are, maybe we'll just stay in. I think It's a Wonderful Life is on tonight, which is one of my favorites! We both work in the morning, so I don't want to be up very late. Hope you'e all having a great day!
Enjoy your date night! Whatever you decide on doing, it's just nice to get to spend that time with your husband and no kids.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Enjoy your date night! Whatever you decide on doing, it's just nice to get to spend that time with your husband and no kids.

Sure is and we will, thanks Martine!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! Overnight rain has turned some sidewalks into ice rinks. Thank goodness for crampons and for Loki not minding sliding all over the place to get his walk in. The plan today is to get most of the grocery shopping out of the way, so that this weekend we can concentrate on Christmas decorating. David was thrilled that I got the living room ready for the tree yesterday. Anything to get him motivated to put up the tree (he just hates the process, but he loves the results). Wishing everyone a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image