Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Michelle and I are going to a Christmas Market in Jackson, GA this morning. Very small. 75 vendors total including the food vendors. But it should be fun. We'll run around the area and do some Christmas shopping as well. Have a blessed day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Michelle and I are going to a Christmas Market in Jackson, GA this morning. Very small. 75 vendors total including the food vendors. But it should be fun. We'll run around the area and do some Christmas shopping as well. Have a blessed day!

Sounds like fun - have a great time!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Work weekend here. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood was a fantastic movie. Tom Hanks did a wonderful job portraying Fred Rodgers. It was one of the best movies I’ve seen in years. I really recommend seeing it! Hope you all enjoy the day! Go Nittany Lions!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
My young bat, Noir Noel is still with us.

The temps we have here will prove hazardous to the poor bat if he remains where he is; our winter temps often fall below -20. There's hardly any room for him to change his position or groom itself (male/female - I don't know).

I was hoping he would have been able to fly off during the night to either a hole in the building across the street or a built in a trunk cave of a nearby pine tree, but he's still with me.

I won't let him inside because of O'Malley and the fear that the droppings could pose a health risk and also because if it turns out to be female, she could already be pregnant. No thanks.

All I can do is let nature handle the situation and hope the Farmer's Almanac is wrong.

It sure seems tiny so I figure that he's a small brown bat, but it could be a young big brown bat that hasn't grown to his adult size yet. At one point when he was crawling yesterday, I measured his wing span to be no larger than making an "L" with my index finger and thumb. I'm hoping he finds a warmer spot inside the bricks somewhere. There's no attic or holes in my walls so no worries there.

I'll check back in later; I have lots of things to accomplish today and with the insomnia I experienced last night, I have to get going so I don't fall asleep in a check out line. HaHa

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, MMC!!!! I’ve been busy decorating the last couple of days. Just have the trees and outdoor decorations to go. Today is my aunts birthday so we are taking her out to lunch and then I have some errands to run. Then it’ll be back home to work on some more Christmas projects. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning.
Welcome to the second weekend of Christmas Season 2019 and the final one before Thanksgiving!

Been enjoying Christmas music and movies? Getting going on that shopping and dinner menus?
Above all, have you been immersing yourselves in the Season?

Let's look at the remaining numbers:
Days to Thanksgiving: 5 (Dwindling down toward HALF a week!)
Days to Christmas Day: 32 (One month from the day after tomorrow!)
(Exciting times, Folks.)

It was warmer yesterday, giving us a very brief one day respite before the chill and rain return today. Hopefully the precipitation will hold off until our annual Raleigh Christmas parade concludes today about 12:00 noon.
(It just wouldn't do for Santa go get wet!)
Our starting temperature is 51 degrees, and it's a bit overcast here at this hour.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone!

Last edited:

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning.
Welcome to the second weekend of Christmas Season 2019 and the final one before Thanksgiving!

Been enjoying Christmas music and movies? Getting going on that shopping and dinner menus?

(Exciting times, Folks.)

It was warmer yesterday, giving us a very brief one day respite before the chill and rain return today. Hopefully the precipitation will hold off until our annual Raleigh Christmas parade concludes today about 12:00 noon.
Our starting temperature is 51 degrees, and it's a bit overcast here at this hour.

Have a Sensational Sunday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown, enjoy the parade!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
So I did it. I braved the crazy grocery store this morning and picked up everything I think we will need for Thanksgiving next week. Basically, if I didn't buy it today, we aren't having it! My plan is to stay away from all public places now! There is a norovirus going around ( my brother, his girlfriend, and their 3 kids all have it right now!) and with my health issues, I'll get it way worse so I am doing a voluntary quarantine! Which is fine by me! I plan on stocking my freezer by baking pumpkin bread today for the next month (I give away around 8 loaves every year along with cookies and fudge) and I want to get a start on it. I will also be cheering on my Buckeyes today! I hope everyone has a safe and great day! Enjoy the weekend!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning.

(Exciting times, Folks.)

Have a Sensational Sunday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving!

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Good Morning and Happy Saturday. Yesterday I did all the shopping for things we still wanted and the grocery shopping as well. I'll make a stop at the grocery store Tuesday on the way home and we'll be set.

Today I have a couple of bushes in the front I want to trim, the two planters that flank our front door will be planted with poinsettias and I'll hang the lights.

Inside I'll set the dining room table for the Thanksgiving feast. Though the house is mostly decorated for Christmas the dining table will be all about Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving MMC! This is always a special weekend. And it is the last semi "normal" one of the year. You can feel everything brewing right now. It's a great feeling. I have a lot of errands to do today to prepare for the big day Thursday. Have a great Weekend Before Thanksgiving!

That was the first thing i felt yesterday, that there was magic in the air now and you really could feel everything brewing together. I honestly feel the same way when we hit our various countdown milestones throughout the year. It's a good feeling each time but as you reach more and more countdown milestones, the good feelings just continue to build!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Weekend!

The holiday feeling is in the air ... our Christmas cactus is in bloom ... our main tree is set up (but not decorated yet; that will happen after Thanksgiving when I get some time) ... Christmas projects are in full swing ... and I have a couple new Christmas DVDs that just arrived to look at.

AND ... our box of Sky Bars is ready to pick up! Very exciting! Sky Bars were made in Boston by Necco until last year, when Necco went bankrupt and shut down. We figured we'd never see Sky Bars again. But a lady a couple towns over bought the Sky Bar brand, and the revived candy bars are just beginning to roll out. One thing is pretty certain: two of those Sky Bars will never make it home. We'll eat them right in the parking lot after we pick them up! Most of the others we'll add to gifts boxes as a Christmas surprise.

It's a beautiful day here, but the weather is supposed to turn nasty overnight with plenty of wind and rain.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Oops! Corrected, now!

Yesterday, when I laid down for a bit, I woke up at 4:40 and thought it was morning and I had slept through the whole night. Good thing it isn't Sunday yet and I didn't lose a whole day and a half in that 1 hour nap.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Happy Saturday evening. This morning I hit the grocery store at 7:30. Hardly a person in there but many cashiers waiting for the anticipated pre-Thanksgiving rush. I started looking at all the pretty Christmas candy and I couldn't resist. We play cards with a huge group every Friday afternoon and the Friday after Thanksgiving will be no exception. I have a few surprises for the group and I thought some festive candy will add to the excitement. Our oldest player is 98 and sharp as a tack. He also loves chocolate.

Happy cooking everyone.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning, MMC!!!! I’ve been busy decorating the last couple of days. Just have the trees and outdoor decorations to go. Today is my aunts birthday so we are taking her out to lunch and then I have some errands to run. Then it’ll be back home to work on some more Christmas projects. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Happy Birthday to your aunt!

Reactions: HomemakinGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors