AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning everyone! Still down and out with this bronchitis, which I fear is turning into something worse. I wasn't able to see my regular Dr. on Wednesday when I went and I don't think what the Dr. I saw gave me was strong enough, so I will be calling in the morning. I've been trying to rest since Wednesday, which is stressful because I keep thinking of all the things I want to get done! Today will be resting in bed finishing my Christmas cards and watching football. Speaking of football, my Buckeyes gave me quite a scare last night (I probably lost what little voice I had left screaming through the first half) but thank goodness they rallied and won the game! Go Bucks!! I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Sunday and week ahead!

I'm still pretending what I have is allergy related. I thought the initial trigger was from the diffuser I bought followed by cleaning O'Malley cats litter box. Finally did a hot bowl steam to drain my sinuses two days in a row.

I haven't been able to keep my fluid intake up during the night so I'm guessing the dry throat and cough will sound like bronchitis to others.

I hope the bark is worse than the bite for both of us.

Tomorrow I have to go to the Food Bank for a few hours to help them out with some co-workers. They may send me back to work, but I will endeavour to honour my commitment by showing up.

Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't turn into pneumonia.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
I'm still pretending what I have is allergy related. I thought the initial trigger was from the diffuser I bought followed by cleaning O'Malley cats litter box. Finally did a hot bowl steam to drain my sinuses two days in a row.

I haven't been able to keep my fluid intake up during the night so I'm guessing the dry throat and cough will sound like bronchitis to others.

I hope the bark is worse than the bite for both of us.

Tomorrow I have to go to the Food Bank for a few hours to help them out with some co-workers. They may send me back to work, but I will endeavour to honour my commitment by showing up.

Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't turn into pneumonia.

Thank you Auntie! I hope you feel better soon as well. Give O'Malley a few minutes of petting for me!

Reindeer Herder

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 17, 2019
Maryland
First Saturday in December is always a busy time in our house. My wife is in charge of the Children's Christmas Sale in our church (donated items priced $0.25 - $1.00) and your humble Herder is cashier, batch-pricer, and maaaybe Santa in cognito??? I've got the bells (150 year old sleigh bells that really sound like they need a reindeer), I've got the beard, the belly, and the Ho-Ho-Ho, and the kids are never quite sure but...All kidding aside, we've been doing this for about 15 years and it's a great ministry and a fun outreach. Our whole family is involved, everyone has a great time, and we round out the day by going to get our Christmas tree. Love it!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
First Saturday in December is always a busy time in our house. My wife is in charge of the Children's Christmas Sale in our church (donated items priced $0.25 - $1.00) and your humble Herder is cashier, batch-pricer, and maaaybe Santa in cognito??? I've got the bells (150 year old sleigh bells that really sound like they need a reindeer), I've got the beard, the belly, and the Ho-Ho-Ho, and the kids are never quite sure but...All kidding aside, we've been doing this for about 15 years and it's a great ministry and a fun outreach. Our whole family is involved, everyone has a great time, and we round out the day by going to get our Christmas tree. Love it!

Sounds wonderful.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Preparing myself for a busier than usual work-week with only Friday giving me time to breathe in and out a few extra times without feeling like I'm falling behind in my duties.

Merry Monday MMCers! :ringy

Perhaps this will challenge my body to fight back with this nasty sinus cold. The coughing fits during the night felt like the bump on my head was going to explode.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I had a plastic mistletoe in my hand at some point during Christmas in July week. I was chasing Craig around trying to kiss him. He started throwing rocks at me which continued as I withdrew and headed home, he kept coming all the way to my driveway. My mom stepped out of the house and told him that he could make me go blind if a rock hit my eye hard enough. As it turned out, one of the rocks hit my head above the left eyebrow.

Whenever there is pressure near the scar tissue site, the bump pops out. I had it explored twice and there's no tumour, just something that swells as a reaction to anger (sometimes stress) and laughter. The only time it doesn't pop out is when I'm sad or content. I remember leaving a note for Santa that year not to give Craig any presents because he was naughty. My mom saw the note and asked what my Great Auntie Vera said about mistletoe. "Just dangle it over your head and let the magic happen." I wasn't supposed to be chasing Craig with it in the first place. He and I remained friends until he moved out West, but he never reacted to the mistletoe I dangled. It's like reaching out for a high-five and just getting air in return.

Since I've been coughing so hard the last few days, it feels like the bump is going to explode. I'm trying to get through this without antibiotics. At least it reminded me of the mistletoe story and the original Auntie Mistletoe who was a fan of the tradition herself; I created my user name after her.

I'll still go to work and hope the business at hand will keep me busy and force my body to heal itself.

Stay health; stay jolly! :rubhead

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Closer to Christmas MMC! I had a relapse with sickness yesterday. My head started burning up. My throat felt sore. I got a decent night's sleep. Feel better but not "better". I'm going in this morning to do some work and leaving by noon. Then I'll come home to rest all afternoon and evening. Have a great Closer to Christmas Monday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Merry Monday morning MMC!
Didn't get much sleep last night due to sinus issues. That's one thing I don't like about the winter months. Sickness. Other than that it's going to be a great week. I work 4 days this week and 2 next week then I'm off until Jan 2. I'm really looking forward to the time off with Michelle. Have a wonderful and blessed day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Closer to Christmas MMC! I had a relapse with sickness yesterday. My head started burning up. My throat felt sore. I got a decent night's sleep. Feel better but not "better". I'm going in this morning to do some work and leaving by noon. Then I'll come home to rest all afternoon and evening. Have a great Closer to Christmas Monday!
Hope you feel better, Edge! Good idea leaving early to get some rest.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday!
Very rainy day out there but we are going to be up to 50 and almost 60 tomorrow and then a few inches of snow Wednesday morning. This weather is crazy!
I got a lot of shopping done yesterday so everything else I need, I can order online.
Hope you all have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friendly Friends of Christmas and its joyous Season!
And things just get friendlier and friendlier as we rapidly advance on Christmas Day.

The data:
Days to Christmas Day: 16 (Two weeks from the day after tomorrow!)
Hard to believe that we are already closing in on the 2 week mark!

Rather chilly here yesterday, despite plenty of sun.
But for today and tomorrow, we will experience a brief warming trend that should feel rather comfortable after a cold last few days.
Our week-opening temperature reading here is 46 degrees and it's wet after an overnight rain.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!
And a really nice second week of December.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday morning MMC!
Didn't get much sleep last night due to sinus issues. That's one thing I don't like about the winter months. Sickness. Other than that it's going to be a great week. I work 4 days this week and 2 next week then I'm off until Jan 2. I'm really looking forward to the time off with Michelle. Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Hope you are feeling better today, Rich and you can get some sleep tonight. Advil Cold and Sinus is a God send for me when I am having issues.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

Elizabeth "guest-danced" at a local high school's production of Scrooge. She played Fezziwig's wife, and her hair was teased 12" or more above her head. It was hilarious!

Then both Jacob and Elizabeth sang yesterday evening at the First Methodist Church with The University Singers for a Christmas concert. It was beautiful! Jacob also recently joined The Southern Gentlemen, the university's men's choir, and they sang two splendid songs!

Now I'm back at work, still trying to get everyone to move out of their old offices before the contractors tear it all down. Fingers crossed!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
-merry-

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Friendly Friends of Christmas and its joyous Season!
And things just get friendlier and friendlier as we rapidly advance on Christmas Day.

The data:
Days to Christmas Day: 16 (Two weeks from the day after tomorrow!)
Hard to believe that we are already closing in on the 2 week mark!

Rather chilly here yesterday, despite plenty of sun.
But for today and tomorrow, we will experience a brief warming trend that should feel rather comfortable after a cold last few days.
Our week-opening temperature reading here is 46 degrees and it's wet after an overnight rain.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!
And a really nice second week of December.
Thanks Crown! Happy Closer to Christmas!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Monday MMC ~
My daughter is on her way to Aruba right now. The trip was a graduation gift from her boyfriend. I’ll be waiting around to hear that they arrived safely. Not too much going on otherwise. I have a chiropractor appointment later this morning. I might stop at Target afterward. Back home to to work on chores and make a pot of chicken soup for dinner. That’s about it for me.
Continued prayers for everyone that is sick! Wishing all of you a nice day!!!
xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Merry Monday MMC ~
My daughter is on her way to Aruba right now. The trip was a graduation gift from her boyfriend. I’ll be waiting around to hear that they arrived safely. Not too much going on otherwise. I have a chiropractor appointment later this morning. I might stop at Target afterward. Back home to to work on chores and make a pot of chicken soup for dinner. That’s about it for me.
Continued prayers for everyone that is sick! Wishing all of you a nice day!!!
xx
What a nice gift! Praying she has safe travels and a great time!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, MMC!! It’s going to be a rainy day here but I need to get out there and run a few errands. I think I’m finally done decorating inside. I have some competition in the outdoor decorating contest from a guy on the first street in our apartments though. So I may have to add a few more things out there. I hope everyone feels better and has a great day!!!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Merry Monday, MMC!

Wife and I went to an outdoor live nativity presentation yesterday evening. It is put on by our local church, and it has been part of our family Christmas routine going on several years now. It tremendously boosted my already high holiday spirits. Everything was perfect - a crisp winter night with very little wind, smell of wood smoke in the air. Looking across the field where the nativity was held, you could see Christmas lights illuminating houses from far away, it was very magical! And my brain automatically started thinking of how much i look forward to doing it again next year! I know, too soon!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Happy Monday morning MMC. The sun is out and it's mild today.

I have to take little Ace to the groomer to get his nails trimmed. When he was six months old, he jumped off a chair and broke his leg. He needed surgery and has a plate with titanium screws in the leg. At six years old, he is fine. Up until he broke his leg, I clipped his nails every week so he would get used to it. He was in a cast for three months and his nails got neglected. The vet would only cut a small tip off the three unharmed legs. Now, he has to have the nails dremeled down every other week. The new groomer said if I did this for three months, he could then go every third week. He is such a good little boy but my hands don't have very good fine motor skills or I'd buy the tool and do it myself. Anyway, he seems to enjoy trips to the groomer.

I delivered my gifts to the maintenance crew this morning. They looked happy, even not knowing there was money in their cards. Then I mailed off the cards to the nine people on our Christmas Cheer list and a few other cards to friends I've not heard from in some time. I hope they will be surprised!

Prayers for all of you who are under the weather.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Happy Monday morning MMC. SoCal is getting a weather shift this week. 48 this morning heading for the mid-60s with no rain in sight. By the weekend it's supposed to be sunny, dry and in the low 70s. A perfect opportunity to get some things done in the yard and gardens.

Continuing with the "off every Friday" I'll have a short week with plenty to do at the office to fill the time.

Enjoy!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday mid-morning! After working all weekend, I’m glad I could rest this morning as I work the afternoon/evening shift today. I will have off this coming weekend but will work the next, which will be the big one before the big day. Honestly December is just flying by, it’s crazy. David got a lot of shopping done over the weekend. I feel I’m behind now. Going to try and finish everything tomorrow on my day off.

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image