Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christmaswarlock

Christmaswarlock Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class Merry Forums Member

Watching classic Doctor Who here!

2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

How classic? I was a big Tom Baker fan!

3. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I have a Hallmark one; a gift from two Christmases ago that rests on the bed.

sugar142286 likes this.
  4. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I wonder if it was a Pileated Woodpecker - those are my favourites. I believe that birds are messengers.

sugar142286 likes this.
  5. AuntieMistletoeDear

Welcome back - don't be a merry stranger. Hang out with us; it keeps me jolly.

sugar142286 likes this.
  6. AuntieMistletoeDear

I took a nap at 4:30, but it may have back-fired as now I'm more tired than I was when I went to bed.

sugar142286 likes this.
  7. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Playing cards with my family!

AuntieMistletoeDear likes this.
  8. AuntieMistletoeDear

My husband and I used to go to bed around 8:00 and wake up two hours later and dance to music and then watch the ball drop. Last night, I had insomnia so it was after 1:00 a.m. before I got to sleep. Hopefully, I can make it tonight to close this thread down and greet the new one.

I thought I ordered a healthy Christmas for you and Mr.

sugar142286 and He_Is_Born like this.
  9. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Under 2 3/4 hours to go!

10. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

My computer is officially gone so my son showed me how to hook up on my phone with this you all !

11. AuntieMistletoeDear

I was trying to recall with whom I was arguing with a few months ago. The person wound up hanging up on me instead of patching me through to the right person. I was more angry than frustrated. I called back on another contact number and had a similar experience. I think it had something to do with Home Depot customer service, but it could have been Walmart.

On another call with my cable provider; there was no questions about my remote other than that I did in fact check to ensure it wasn't the batteries that were the issue and I received a new one within a week. No hassle, no forms.

That's the way it should be.

sugar142286 and Iteachpercussion like this.
  12. AuntieMistletoeDear

I had terrible insomnia last night. I didn't get to sleep until after 1:00 a.m. and was up at 5:30, with a few wake-ups in between.

Ran a few errands today and it took me over 10 minutes to unbury my car from the snow we received - mild enough that the ice earlier in the day had not created too much build up.

The Families First Fireworks just ended at 9:10; O'Malley didn't seem to get started by the sound like he has in previous years.

It's so overcast that I could hardly see them through the kitchen window.

I have been listening to some New Year's Eve songs on YouTube.

Having a late dinner and then hopefully, I'll be back on here in a few hours to count down to the New Year - new thread with you.

13. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

We WERE healthy for Christmas...it’s our New Year’s that’s not too good! We’re still hanging in there, though! Watching the Marx Brothers and Wheeler & Woolsey. Hoping you’ll make it to midnight!

14. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Getting so close to the one hour mark, now.

15. MerryCarey

We’re not going to make it. Mr. is just feeling too rough and needs his rest. I’m losing altitude too. Time to have a slug of NyQuil and hit the sack. If I don’t check in again before midnight...Happy New Year, and I’ll see you in 2020!

16. Iteachpercussion

Iteachpercussion Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Premiere Member Santa's Elf

There is a massive nerf war going on in my living room right now. Forts have been established. No one is safe! :)

17. Crown 84

SO much classier in those days. Now, it's little more than a rock fest.
    One critical clip missing, though. The Guy Lombardo Orchestra, a sentimental New Year's Eve staple for many years until he died. And that's when the beautiful New Year's Eve music started to die, too.
    I don't bother with it any more until just before the ball drops.

18. sugar142286

What a beautiful memory! ❤️

19. sugar142286

Under an hour to go!

Christmas Knight likes this.
  20. MerryCarey

We admire your good taste!
    Mr. Lombardo, auld acquaintance shall NOT be forgot, especially tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.