Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Christmas Enthusiasts of all Persuasions!

And what better to persuade you to be enthusiastic than a review of our daily count computations?
Here they are:
Days to the Season: 295
Days to Christmas Day: 337

Still not quite as enthusiastic as you would like to be?
Well then, consider this:
Three weeks from TODAY, we will be entering the SECOND QUARTER of our voyage back to the Christmas Season!
A fourth of our journey nearly complete. So hard to believe. So very hard.

Winter has us in its vice for the moment with our starting temperature reading this morning standing at 21 degrees. At least there is no wind predicted for today, nor precipitation of any sort.
Things are about to warm up again, however briefly, and we could hit 60 tomorrow before the chill returns.

Have a Terrific Tuesday Everyone, regardless of your weather situations.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello sugar...Hope you managed to get your DD new costume for baton...Well your friends are soo right sugar...Aldi id an amazing shop my friend...you will cut your shopping bill by at least a 1/3..We have Lidl and Aldi here in the UK and ive only started shopping at those stores the past few weeks...Look forward in hearing how your shopping trip at Aldi goes Sugar...Stay warm my friend:)

Good morning, Prancer! I've only two costumes so far that have what we're looking - one is sold out and one is a little more than I wanted to spend. A lot of times, we buy them used. The girls usually wear one, at most two seasons, especially when they are smaller, because they grow so fast and because if they are more unique costumes, the judges remember them, unfortunately no luck yet, but I will keep looking.

I am looking forward today - like a kid in a candy store. I will let you know!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, friends! Still bitter cold here this am, but warming up - kids are on a two hour-delay, but it will be almost 20 degrees by 1100 am when they have to. We have our niece again today and we plan on going grocery shopping. Nittany has a groomer appointment at 1000. Other than that, it's normal day stuff, run here and run there. Gotta keep plugging away at my list I want to get done. Dinner is ham loaf and the sides we'll figure out when we're at the store - we're out of so many things!

I hope you all have a great day and stay warm!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Christmas Enthusiasts of all Persuasions!

And what better to persuade you to be enthusiastic than a review of our daily count computations?
Here they are:
Days to the Season: 295
Days to Christmas Day: 337

Still not quite as enthusiastic as you would like to be?
Well then, consider this:
Three weeks from TODAY, we will be entering the SECOND QUARTER of our voyage back to the Christmas Season!
A fourth of our journey nearly complete. So hard to believe. So very hard.

Winter has us in its vice for the moment with our starting temperature reading this morning standing at 21 degrees. At least there is no wind predicted for today, nor precipitation of any sort.
Things are about to warm up again, however briefly, and we could hit 60 tomorrow before the chill returns.

Have a Terrific Tuesday Everyone, regardless of your weather situations.
Thanks Crown! We're in the Deep Freeze!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
It was a hit!
It's:
1 C. of chopped broccoli (I think spinach would be good too)
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 C. sour cream
1 pkg. Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
2 C. Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese you want to use)
Bake at 350 until all melted together.
I put it in a pie pan. And I mixed in a good part of the cheese, but I saved some to melt on top too. I'll make it again!
I had tortilla chips & small pretzel rods to dip in it. My co-worker said she uses pita chips, but the recipe says to use veggies...so basically whatever you want to serve it with! ;)
This sounds so good....I am writing this one down..

Good Monday evening! After the storm yesterday that left us with about 10 inches of snow and when I almost got stuck 3 times, we are still dealing with incredibly cold temperature, currently at -28°C/-18°F with the wind. Tomorrow should be the last of it for a little while. David had his pre-op appointment this morning. His EKG was normal and the anesthesist explained how the surgery will go. He also warned him that shoulder surgery is a very painful one. We got up very early to make sure we were on time at the hospital which is about an hour away, knowing roads were not 100% clear yet. I guess I was tired because I slept all afternoon. We'll just enjoy a relaxing evening catching up on the dvr. Wishing everyone a great Monday night.
Prayers for David..I hope he is feeling better after surgery!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Tuesday...it is so cold out there this morning. My kids have a 2 hour delay, the bus should be here soon. Looks like we are going to warm up by the 40's this week and have some rain. Not too much going on today, my husband is working late tonight so it might be pizza for dinner. Hope you all have a great day. Stay warm!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Tuesday MMC ~
I’m moving a bit slow this morning, unfortunately I woke up with a migraine. I took something and I’m feeling a bit better. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping, I just want to get it over with and be in for the rest of the day. My youngest is coming over this afternoon and we’re going to order decorations for her graduation party. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. Dinner will be tacos. That’s it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day.
xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Tuesday MMC ~
I’m moving a bit slow this morning, unfortunately I woke up with a migraine. I took something and I’m feeling a bit better. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping, I just want to get it over with and be in for the rest of the day. My youngest is coming over this afternoon and we’re going to order decorations for her graduation party. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. Dinner will be tacos. That’s it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day.
xx
I hope your headache gets better quickly!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello all.

The roads are still very messy and icy, so school was cancelled for today! That makes this a four-day weekend! The best part is that we found out last night instead of this morning.

The temperature is going up today, close to 40! and we are going to get rain tonight.

We have not gone anywhere this weekend. Yesterday we cleaned off the cars and the driveway (what we could get clear), but other than that we have enjoyed sitting around the house.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's still pretty chilly down south, and I like it! I have a closet full of sweaters, but I only get to wear them a few weeks out of the year. I wear them every chance I get.

Jacob's car is STILL at the body shop. It's been there since December 17, 2018. All they had to do was replace the damaged fender. They called me again yesterday to say that maybe by the end of this week it'll be ready. They've been saying that for 4 weeks. Jacob has my truck, and I'm driving a truck I borrowed from my FIL. I know Bernie's ready to get his truck back; I sure am!:mad:

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Christmas Knight

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Jan 17, 2011
Happy Tuesday all!

Boy, it sure has been cold the past few days, if it stays like this all that snow we got is going to stick around for quite some time. Though when i went to bed last night, i looked out the window and laughed to myself ... because the moon on the breast of the new fallen snow did, in fact, give the luster of midday to objects below!

Have a great Tuesday all,
~CK

Last edited:

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good morning, Prancer! I've only two costumes so far that have what we're looking - one is sold out and one is a little more than I wanted to spend. A lot of times, we buy them used. The girls usually wear one, at most two seasons, especially when they are smaller, because they grow so fast and because if they are more unique costumes, the judges remember them, unfortunately no luck yet, but I will keep looking.

I am looking forward today - like a kid in a candy store. I will let you know!

Good Afternoon Sugar...I know what you mean about growing up fast my girls are 8yrs old this Saturday:eek:....Ummm yeah look forward in hearing how your grocery shop went...I feel you will be shocked on the prices though lol...Happy Shopping!:)

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good morning/afternoon...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Ive been to visit my GP and she has decided i have to change my medication..So i have to reduce my original meds so i can go onto my new meds soo its a step forward...Enjoy the rest of your day ahead MMC friends:)

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Tuesday!

Back to work today after the three-day weekend. Roads are still a bit icy in patches---traffic was backed up today and making people (including me) later than usual to the office. But temps will be going up in the next couple days, so I'm hoping this icy mess will melt and go away.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
There's nothing sadder for a Christmas lover than seeing "A Christmas To Remember" shut down for the season.
It was open yesterday (with 50% discounts) but during today's walk, I saw this:

If you will recall, we began Christmas Blossoms 2018 with this shop.
But take heart. Christmas Blossoms 2019 will be debuting in just over EIGHT months from now!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Monday evening! After the storm yesterday that left us with about 10 inches of snow and when I almost got stuck 3 times, we are still dealing with incredibly cold temperature, currently at -28°C/-18°F with the wind. Tomorrow should be the last of it for a little while. David had his pre-op appointment this morning. His EKG was normal and the anesthesist explained how the surgery will go. He also warned him that shoulder surgery is a very painful one. We got up very early to make sure we were on time at the hospital which is about an hour away, knowing roads were not 100% clear yet. I guess I was tired because I slept all afternoon. We'll just enjoy a relaxing evening catching up on the dvr. Wishing everyone a great Monday night.

Stay warm!
Keeping both David and you, Martine, in my prayers.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy Monday to all. It was bitterly cold this morning with the wind chill making it feel like -34C/ -29F. Luckily I changed the battery last week in the car, so it started. It wasn't too happy but it started. This is the first time I've had to change the battery and the car is from 2011. We're supposed to warm up by the middle of the week, but drop down again by the weekend.

Pantry shopping has been going well. I had to pick up a few things, like fruit, juice, and some veg, but overall I've cleaned out the freezer fairly well and we still have about ten days to go. I've even made some vegan cheese out of cashews that were sitting in the cupboard. I've also made some breakfast cookies out the last of the rolled oats: chocolate peanut butter. They were quite yummy.

There's now a gate at the top of the stairs so the dog can't visit the FIL and scoop up anything left on the ground. The dog's vet appointment is tomorrow to check how things are going. There isn't any build-up in his ears and he's not scratching as much, so that's good. We also put some bars in the bathroom for the FIL to help with his bath. Turns out that he couldn't stand to step out the bath because he didn't feel stable, so he used to roll out to the tub. We didn't know this until he told us last month. He didn't tell us because he didn't want to be a bother. Now there are bars so he can grab hold of them and step out with more stability. It's been a learning curve, I'll tell you.

Take care all and please keep warm.

Praying the vet appointment goes well!

Stay warm!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good evening, all! Hope you're all trying to stay as warm as you can! It is just down right frigid here. By the time we wake up in the am, it's supposed to be 2F. The kids are already on a 2-hour delay. I have spent a good bit of the evening looking at a new costume for DD for baton, which has been time consuming. It is a special routine she is doing - Jungle Book theme. It isn't for until July thank goodness, so I have some time. I have also been doing some research on grocery stores and couponing. We have had several people telling us about Aldi and the savings we will have if we start doing our shopping there. Over the last day or so we I have done extensive research and we've decided we're going to do a shopping trip there tomorrow, so we shall see!

Other than that, just trying to stay warm! Hope you're all having a great evening!

Aldi is one of the stores I frequent the most. The prices on their dairy products and fresh vegetables can't be beat in this area. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image