Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Mike has mandatory ot tonight. I should go to bed but I think I will stay up a little bit and read some. I was in a real funk with reading but hoping now I can get back into it. I have a library book and a Nook book now. After finishing these 2 I might read one of the books by the Patriots

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good afternoon! Started 5 days off today and boy, I really needed it. I was supposed to be at 7, but I got mandated to stay until 10. For the first week back and working almost 14 hours everyday, being on my feet almost constantly and my brain almost always working, I was exhausted and glad to be off.

Not a whole planned for this evening. DD is going to a birthday sleepover at a friend's house. We plan on going to Target and Tj Maxx. Otherwise, I think we just plan on relaxing here at home. DH and I have last minute been talking on taking a 3-4 night quick trip to either somewhere in Florida or the Caribbean - not too long from the kids, but long enough for us to get away, to spend some time together, especially with all the stuff that happened the last couple of months with my health, we haven't really got to spend any time alone and to really work on us. I think it will be good to get a way, be together, and get some sun and fresh air. We haven't picked the final destination yet, but I think that for sure is on our list of things to do tonight.

Hope you're all having a great day!
Enjoy your 5 days off sugar. That is really harsh working 14-hour days your first week back at work. Hope you get to take that quick trip in the sun.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday morning! Temperatures have dropped overnight as winds have picked up. Definitely tuque weather to keep my long hair under control. This is my only day off until David's expected surgery next Thursday, so there's lots to do. As usual the plan is to get the grocery shopping and chores out of the way this morning. I also will prepare sweet messages tied to Lindt chocolates for Valentine's Day at work, for the social committee to hand out. I won't be there but I wanted to contribute. Have a great day everyone!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Continued prayers for your dad! How is he doing? Have a great time this weekend at your daughters party - you deserve it!

Thank you so much Sugar. My father is home now, still struggling to get around on his own. Hoping he gets some strength back. We’re taking it day by day. We appreciate the prayers xo

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good afternoon! Started 5 days off today and boy, I really needed it. I was supposed to be at 7, but I got mandated to stay until 10. For the first week back and working almost 14 hours everyday, being on my feet almost constantly and my brain almost always working, I was exhausted and glad to be off.

Not a whole planned for this evening. DD is going to a birthday sleepover at a friend's house. We plan on going to Target and Tj Maxx. Otherwise, I think we just plan on relaxing here at home. DH and I have last minute been talking on taking a 3-4 night quick trip to either somewhere in Florida or the Caribbean - not too long from the kids, but long enough for us to get away, to spend some time together, especially with all the stuff that happened the last couple of months with my health, we haven't really got to spend any time alone and to really work on us. I think it will be good to get a way, be together, and get some sun and fresh air. We haven't picked the final destination yet, but I think that for sure is on our list of things to do tonight.

Hope you're all having a great day!

A few days away sounds wonderful!
Enjoy your days off Sugar!
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Saturday ~
It’s going to be sunny, breezy and cool today with temperatures in the lower 30’s. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping. My daughters college graduation party is later this evening, we’re really looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Four-Days-Before Morning, Guys.

<< Four days before what, Crown? >>
We will get to that after this:
Days to the Season: 278
Days to Christmas Day: 320

Yep. The magic number is 4.
That's the number of days separating us from the beginning of the SECOND QUARTER of our Season count!
(That's barely over HALF a week, Folks.)

We had one last glorious day yesterday, with our high temperature reaching an astounding 79 degrees, nearly unheard of for these parts in February.
Today will see a 10 degree cool-off to 69, then the bottom falls out, and we will rapidly be dropping below freezing. (Quite a roller coaster weather ride!)
Our beginning temp here this morning in the state capital is 64 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
And I hope your weekend starts off in style this afternoon.
Thanks Crown! Hope you had a great finish to the week!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC and HAPPY Weekend! This week at work was beyond hectic and I am tired. I'm so glad it's Saturday. 2 days to refresh are needed. The sun is shining but it's cold outside. But then again it is February! I heard that they are expecting us to have a nicer spring this year which would be nice after last year's miserable one. Anyway, just got some errands to do and some RESTING to do too. Have a great Saturday!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Thank you so much Sugar. My father is home now, still struggling to get around on his own. Hoping he gets some strength back. We’re taking it day by day. We appreciate the prayers xo
I know everyone is glad your Dad is home. I’ll keep praying for your parents and you. Stay strong.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Second Quarter Anticipators.

Well that anticipation is drawing to a close, as an inspection of our Milestone marker chart will confirm, which we will examine after a review of today's count.

Days to the Season: 277
Days to Christmas Day: 319

And the SECOND QUARTER of our Season count?
Well, believe it or not, that commences in a scant 3 days.
UNDER half a week, now.
(The first quarter has just flown by like dry leaves before the wild hurricane!)

It was cooler yesterday, especially by late evening and now, with the arrival of morning, we are reminded that Mother Nature is still in charge and that she has declared winter is most definitely not over yet.
Today's high will not get out of the 40's and we are predicted to drop into the mid 20's tonight.
For now, our weekend has started off at 39 degrees here in mid-state.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Folks.
And I wish you a truly Wondrous Weekend, as well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Have a great few days off this weekend! I hope you picked the perfect spot for relaxation!

Thank you! It's literally been a last minute type deal. We always go away right around Valentine's Day, but are thinking about going away at the end of the month instead, for a little longer of a trip (5 days, 4 nights - just long enough to get away). We're looking at either Florida or the Bahamas now, leaning more towards the Bahamas. It was literally last minute. We're possibly leaving the 19th, so we've gotta get everything in place, get everyone on board (his and my parents for sitters, etc.)

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Enjoy your 5 days off sugar. That is really harsh working 14-hour days your first week back at work. Hope you get to take that quick trip in the sun.

Thanks, Martine! Hope this weekend is better for you too!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Praying for continued strength and health.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Saturday ~
It’s going to be sunny, breezy and cool today with temperatures in the lower 30’s. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping. My daughters college graduation party is later this evening, we’re really looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!
xx

Enjoy!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning! Hope you're all having a great day so far. Waiting on DD to come home from her sleep over. DH is at work, so her friend's mom will be dropping her off. I'm just working on laundry. This evening we'll be going to his parents for an extended family Christmas. We were never able to do it over Christmas. His mother had developed a form of shingles over Christmas - on spot on her forehead, but the doctor's said she couldn't come in to contact with our niece (obviously since she hadn't had the chicken pox vaccine yet), and with myself being ill, and our work schedules, this is the earliest we could all get together.

Other than that, that's the plans for today. I hope you're all having a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Second Quarter Anticipators.

Well that anticipation is drawing to a close, as an inspection of our Milestone marker chart will confirm, which we will examine after a review of today's count.

Days to the Season: 277
Days to Christmas Day: 319

And the SECOND QUARTER of our Season count?
Well, believe it or not, that commences in a scant 3 days.
UNDER half a week, now.
(The first quarter has just flown by like dry leaves before the wild hurricane!)

It was cooler yesterday, especially by late evening and now, with the arrival of morning, we are reminded that Mother Nature is still in charge and that she has declared winter is most definitely not over yet.
Today's high will not get out of the 40's and we are predicted to drop into the mid 20's tonight.
For now, our weekend has started off at 39 degrees here in mid-state.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Folks.
And I wish you a truly Wondrous Weekend, as well!
Thanks Crown! It's got a bit of a Christmas feel out there today!

NovaMan

The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi all of you MMC members:

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
WOW! It's a miracle! I hope you were able to get the car. We are unfortunately dealing with the same type of issue right now. We are finishing are basement right now. We built are house 10 years ago and are currently, like I said, finishing the basement and it's the last process of the house. DH is working on the fireplace and bar now, but can't move any further because he is waiting for the mantel for the fireplace and bar top for bar. Once that is down, he is putting the carpet in, wear carpet is needed, then we are putting in a smaller kitchen down there, ordering our furniture and it will complete. As simple as it does sounds, it takes time, as we all know and we're now at the stage where it costs a lot of money. We ordered the mantel and bar top off a saw mill back 8 months ago. This guy does beautiful work. He told us it was going to be done in September. Then he told us Christmas. He then told DH last week. DH is able to see that he reads his text messages, but he won't respond to him and he never returns his phone calls, so DH made me call today and as I've told you before, I'm not so nice when I call. I was hoping if a different number called, it would make a difference, but it didn't. I told him if we don't have proof within the next week, with pictures, that there is progress, we want our deposit back. This is ridiculous. We could have had our basment done by now. I told him we'll never recommend him or use him ever again and that I understand this may or may not push him to get the work done, but I felt it needed to be said and that we feel finically he needs to be told we're willing to do what it takes him to whatever standard to get our money and everything we deserve. (Now, we know, taking him to court isn't worth it, but we've talked to other people that has used him, they've had the same problem. We just wish we would have known. ) This guy needs to know he is horrible at business practice and can't be treating people that way. Sorry for the rant, but I get where you're coming from. I've had one of those lately too.

That's a terrible way to do business; if they want referrals and request a deposit, you'd think they would honour their commitment; I hope they come through and it's well worth the wait.
We had a guy build a pedestal for our bladeless fan and he presented it in less than 3 weeks and was honest that he had to finish his wife's new set of drawers first.
I was put into an awkward situation a year ago February when I hired a guy to move three pieces of furniture. The second day, he told me I owed him an extra $70.00 and I reminded him of the quote we agreed to over the phone, but he said, that was only good if he did all the deliveries and exchanges on the same day. He was the one that couldn't return later the first day because he had a flat tire. Guess I paid for part of that. I would have refused, but I needed the new sofa and the old one taken away so I was in a rock and hard place; so I paid up, but I remember his name and I won't ever use him or recommend him to anyone. The guy that gave me his number said he couldn't validate him, but he gave me two names to try; the other guy wasn't available for the timeline I needed.
I hope your story has a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image