Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

That second quarter will be a bridge to the halfway point! Kinda hard to believe.

2. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I hope your foot heals quickly Auntie. And I too love the smell of wood fireplaces running when it's cold in Winter. Just like I love the smell of fresh-cut grass in the Summer.

3. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Friends, it has been a long few days. Seems like it has been forever since I checked in...but it has only been three or four days.

Gonna be a long week. We have our basketball district tourney at our gym this week, so there will be 16 games in 4 days. Gonna be some late nights, but I enjoy watching the good basketball.

Doc's birthday was this weekend. We have a great day yesterday. We went too eat and the the girls stayed with their aunt. It was a nice, quiet evening in our house. Funny this is....7 or 8 years ago, we would have gone out on the town. Now that we have kids, we were in bed and watching a movie by 9:00 p.m.

Y'all have a great week. See y'all later.

4. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Happy Birthday to Doc! Hope you are able to enjoy the week and a little bit of down time.

5. nmc42088

nmc42088 Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I hope your daughter enjoys her job and has a blast with indoor color guard. Did she do color guard for her schools marching band?
    Happy Birthday to Doc!

6. nmc42088

nmc42088 Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Lots of work this week for me. Tomorrow I work in the morning and then go back to do an overnight shift. It's also supposed to snow tonight and again tomorrow night

7. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Happy Valentine's Week MMC! It was a pretty good weekend overall. I feel like this time of year is no man's land. Christmas stuff is long gone now (although I still see a few lights), football season is over and it's a little too early to think about spring & baseball season. Working today but not sure about tomorrow with the weather we have coming. Might be a good day to finally stay home this winter and use some comp time. Have a great Monday!

8. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew

Good First-of-the-Week Morning, Friends.

Of course, new weeks bring new numbers.
    Here's the most recent:
    Days to the Season: 275
    Days to Christmas Day: 317

And hold on to your stockings, Folks.
    TOMORROW is the day we pass from Quarter number 1 to Quarter number 2 of our Season count.
    (The year is just moving right along. In less than 4 days, we will already be half through with February!)

It was chilly over the weekend but nothing more that a sprinkle fell from the sky.
    I'm looking forward to a warming trend through this week, with temps getting back into the 60's by mid-week.
    Things kick off here in central NC this AM at 41 degrees, after a light overnight rain.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everyone!
    And a great week, too.

9. Edge612

Thanks Crown! Happy Valentine Week!

10. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Merry Monday!! I woke up thinking it was still the weekend..ugh! I am enjoying coffee and going through emails. Looks like we may get some snow, freezing rain and ice for tomorrow. Hope you all have a great start back to the week!

11. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Good morning ~
    It’s going to be cloudy today with temperatures in the mid 30’s. Typical day of errands and chores for me. I’m going to visit my parents as well. Back home afterward to make a big pot of chicken soup for dinner. Thats about it. I hope everyone is well. Have a great day MMC!
    xx

12. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew

Thanks. You, too.
    (There's a rumor Carl is planning something special at the 'Pines for Wednesday's open house, the evening before Valentines Day.)

13. sugar142286

Good morning, MMC! Lots of running around to do today. The weather is supposed to start getting bad tonight into tomorrow, so we want to get it all done today.

We booked our trip Saturday night - we are going to the Bahamas for 5 days. Like I said, it's a very last minute type thing, but with every thing that has happened the last couple months, we the need the time away. We will be away very late Sunday-Saturday with flights and everything.

I'll check back in later - hope you all have a great day!

14. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

She is enjoying the indoor color guard. No she didn't do color guard for marching band.

15. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Christmasologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

Any relationship between basement finishing and tropical vacations is purely coincidental, and a product of some writer's fevered, and overworked, imagination.... :rolleyes:

16. Christmas Knight

Christmas Knight Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Monday MMC!

Another weekend flew by and looks like we have some ugly weather headed this way for the next couple of days ... hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!
    [​IMG]

17. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

Good afternoon .. Its been lightly snowing since last night and looks so pretty out. Makes you think of Christmas.... Trying to enjoy it as much as possible before the rain comes back tomorrow and washes it all away :( Maybe I will pop in a Christmas movie or reread a Christmas magazine tonight.

18. sugar142286

:p

19. Edge612

Morning MMC! Snow is on the way for this morning and then Ice for this afternoon. I have some comp days I need to use at some point so I think that I'm just going to stay home and use one today. Only about another month or so to go to have any significant storms and we haven't had much this winter. Make it a great Tuesday!

20. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Good morning ~
    We’re expecting snow, sleet and freezing rain today. I’m going to stay in, I’ll just be working on my daily chores. I am looking forward to staying in and relaxing a bit (aside from worrying about the girls driving!) I’ve been so busy lately, I can’t remember the last time I had an at home day. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
    xx