Not open for further replies.

Nor'easter

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Jan 2, 2019
Vermont
Good Morning, Quarter Transitioners.

Yes, indeedy!
We are just about to transition from the first to the second quarter of our Season count, despite the fact that it simply seems too early.
(Weren't we just in Christmas Season 2018??)

Well anyway, let's look at the data for today:
Days to the Season: 276
Days to Christmas Day: 318

The SECOND QUARTER of Season Count 2019.
It's just about to begin.
TWO days from today.
Be here.
Aloha.

The weather took its predicted turn yesterday and the cool down began.
This morning, it is cold at 36 degrees, but by about Tuesday, warmer weather will again stage a comeback, although it will not be as warm as last week was.

Well, you have a Super Sunday, Everybody!
I hope part II off your weekend goes well.
That second quarter will be a bridge to the halfway point! Kinda hard to believe.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Merry Morning! +e

Kitchen cleaning and the making of my Italian style Meatloaf is really the only thing planned for today along with two quick errands later.

We`re going to see the boys and 4 of 7 grands this weekend; I haven`t managed to get my husband to Ottawa since the middle of May; although I went alone one weekend.

Picked up a few new more mature board games for the youngest grands, but won`t see them on this visit.

I have to go out of town Monday and Tuesday on business so I`m not sure if I`ll get to post on the next special milestone day. The weather looks good for HWY driving.

It`s been cold then raining and cold again so my neck of the woods is quite slippery.

I had a little wipeout coming home from work on Friday. I was treading carefully as I could see the glare ice, but avoiding it to get to the ice melt bucket proved futile. I slipped and fell; my right boot came down hard on the arch of my left foot. The right side that I landed on doesn`t hurt much, but the left foot feels sore and is aching where I kicked myself.

We can`t expect the snow to disappear without a little rain and sunshine to help it along. I had the window open for a bit yesterday when I was driving and I could smell a few wood stoves or fireplaces; mmmm.

Stay jolly; stay warm! -santa-

I hope your foot heals quickly Auntie. And I too love the smell of wood fireplaces running when it's cold in Winter. Just like I love the smell of fresh-cut grass in the Summer.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Friends, it has been a long few days. Seems like it has been forever since I checked in...but it has only been three or four days.

Gonna be a long week. We have our basketball district tourney at our gym this week, so there will be 16 games in 4 days. Gonna be some late nights, but I enjoy watching the good basketball.

Doc's birthday was this weekend. We have a great day yesterday. We went too eat and the the girls stayed with their aunt. It was a nice, quiet evening in our house. Funny this is....7 or 8 years ago, we would have gone out on the town. Now that we have kids, we were in bed and watching a movie by 9:00 p.m.

Y'all have a great week. See y'all later.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Friends, it has been a long few days. Seems like it has been forever since I checked in...but it has only been three or four days.

Gonna be a long week. We have our basketball district tourney at our gym this week, so there will be 16 games in 4 days. Gonna be some late nights, but I enjoy watching the good basketball.

Doc's birthday was this weekend. We have a great day yesterday. We went too eat and the the girls stayed with their aunt. It was a nice, quiet evening in our house. Funny this is....7 or 8 years ago, we would have gone out on the town. Now that we have kids, we were in bed and watching a movie by 9:00 p.m.

Happy Birthday to Doc! Hope you are able to enjoy the week and a little bit of down time.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Morning ... been a while since I checked in here. Jan to March is usually my slow time but not this year. Our daughter joined the school indoor color guard and she got a new part time job so we have been busy running her to work, practice and spending our Saturdays at competitions. Definitely makes the time go by faster ... wish it would slow down a bit though. Hope everyone has a great day.
I hope your daughter enjoys her job and has a blast with indoor color guard. Did she do color guard for her schools marching band?

Happy Birthday to Doc!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Valentine's Week MMC! It was a pretty good weekend overall. I feel like this time of year is no man's land. Christmas stuff is long gone now (although I still see a few lights), football season is over and it's a little too early to think about spring & baseball season. Working today but not sure about tomorrow with the weather we have coming. Might be a good day to finally stay home this winter and use some comp time. Have a great Monday!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good First-of-the-Week Morning, Friends.

Of course, new weeks bring new numbers.
Here's the most recent:
Days to the Season: 275
Days to Christmas Day: 317

And hold on to your stockings, Folks.
TOMORROW is the day we pass from Quarter number 1 to Quarter number 2 of our Season count.
(The year is just moving right along. In less than 4 days, we will already be half through with February!)

It was chilly over the weekend but nothing more that a sprinkle fell from the sky.
I'm looking forward to a warming trend through this week, with temps getting back into the 60's by mid-week.
Things kick off here in central NC this AM at 41 degrees, after a light overnight rain.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everyone!
And a great week, too.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good First-of-the-Week Morning, Friends.

Of course, new weeks bring new numbers.
Here's the most recent:
Days to the Season: 275
Days to Christmas Day: 317

And hold on to your stockings, Folks.
TOMORROW is the day we pass from Quarter number 1 to Quarter number 2 of our Season count.
(The year is just moving right along. In less than 4 days, we will already be half through with February!)

It was chilly over the weekend but nothing more that a sprinkle fell from the sky.
I'm looking forward to a warming trend through this week, with temps getting back into the 60's by mid-week.
Things kick off here in central NC this AM at 41 degrees, after a light overnight rain.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everyone!
And a great week, too.
Thanks Crown! Happy Valentine Week!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday!! I woke up thinking it was still the weekend..ugh! I am enjoying coffee and going through emails. Looks like we may get some snow, freezing rain and ice for tomorrow. Hope you all have a great start back to the week!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks Crown! Happy Valentine Week!
Thanks. You, too.
(There's a rumor Carl is planning something special at the 'Pines for Wednesday's open house, the evening before Valentines Day.)

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, MMC! Lots of running around to do today. The weather is supposed to start getting bad tonight into tomorrow, so we want to get it all done today.

We booked our trip Saturday night - we are going to the Bahamas for 5 days. Like I said, it's a very last minute type thing, but with every thing that has happened the last couple months, we the need the time away. We will be away very late Sunday-Saturday with flights and everything.

I'll check back in later - hope you all have a great day!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good afternoon! Started 5 days off today and boy, I really needed it. I was supposed to be at 7, but I got mandated to stay until 10. For the first week back and working almost 14 hours everyday, being on my feet almost constantly and my brain almost always working, I was exhausted and glad to be off.

Not a whole planned for this evening. DD is going to a birthday sleepover at a friend's house. We plan on going to Target and Tj Maxx. Otherwise, I think we just plan on relaxing here at home. DH and I have last minute been talking on taking a 3-4 night quick trip to either somewhere in Florida or the Caribbean - not too long from the kids, but long enough for us to get away, to spend some time together, especially with all the stuff that happened the last couple of months with my health, we haven't really got to spend any time alone and to really work on us. I think it will be good to get a way, be together, and get some sun and fresh air. We haven't picked the final destination yet, but I think that for sure is on our list of things to do tonight.

Hope you're all having a great day!
Any relationship between basement finishing and tropical vacations is purely coincidental, and a product of some writer's fevered, and overworked, imagination.... :rolleyes:

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good afternoon .. Its been lightly snowing since last night and looks so pretty out. Makes you think of Christmas.... Trying to enjoy it as much as possible before the rain comes back tomorrow and washes it all away :( Maybe I will pop in a Christmas movie or reread a Christmas magazine tonight.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Any relationship between basement finishing and tropical vacations is purely coincidental, and a product of some writer's fevered, and overworked, imagination.... :rolleyes:

:p

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Snow is on the way for this morning and then Ice for this afternoon. I have some comp days I need to use at some point so I think that I'm just going to stay home and use one today. Only about another month or so to go to have any significant storms and we haven't had much this winter. Make it a great Tuesday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
We’re expecting snow, sleet and freezing rain today. I’m going to stay in, I’ll just be working on my daily chores. I am looking forward to staying in and relaxing a bit (aside from worrying about the girls driving!) I’ve been so busy lately, I can’t remember the last time I had an at home day. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image