Fruit Cake Baker
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
-shiver-Hey everyone!!
Oh my goodness, the snow!!! I’m being blamed because I always ask for snow Christmas eve and Christmas Day. Since we didn’t get any for Christmas. Everyone says this is all my fault!!! Three “snow days” in three weeks!

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Happy Valentine's Eve! It's a skating rink out right now. We got more snow than ice here. The temperature was supposed to get warm enough to make it rain at the end but it stayed as freezing rain instead. Ouch. Hopefully the roads will be at least decent by the time I go to work or I will just go in later than normal. Have a great Valentine's Eve and be safe in the weather conditions if they are not idea near you!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Pines Day MMC ~
It’s going to be partly sunny and windy today with a high of 40 degrees. Not too much planned, just errands, chores and a I’ll visit my parents. I’m going to stop at the pasta shop as well to pick up raviolis for dinner. That’s about it. I hope everyone has a nice day, see you tonight :)

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Post- and Pre-Milestone Morning, Fellow MMC Citizens.

Both post and pre. It is ever thus.

But we will get to our new Milestone marker in just a moment.
As always, we begin with this:
Days to the Season: 273
Days to Christmas Day: 315

OK.
Now that we have officially entered the SECOND quarter of our Season count, it is already time to turn our attention to the next pending marker in our annual holiday journey.
The number is suggested above. The 300-day Christmas Day Window. It will be here in just 15 days.
TWO WEEKS from tomorrow.
(Gee. BOTH of our counts will then be under 300!)

It was supposed to be wet and warm yesterday. Only half of that proved to be the truth. Oh, the rain came alright. But it stayed quite chilly, in the 40's instead of the predicted 60's.
Today's high is stated to be in the mid 50's with a 0 percent chance of rain. We will see what actually happens.
Our beginning temperature for this mid-week day is 43 sunny degrees, here.

And speaking of mid-week, that can only mean another 'Pines Day open house, this one being the evening before Valentine's Day.
There is no doubt chocolate will play a major part in tonight's theme. The grapevine has already confirmed chocolate-chip fired twinkies will be available and there is a strong likelihood of a chocolate-coffee blend. The inn is decorated in lots of red and white with hearts everywhere.
Should be a sweet evening. And a good one not to miss.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Folks!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning MMC...looks like we will have a little bit of a warm up and this snow will melt. Not too much going on for me...typical day of work and my youngest has basketball practice tonight. I have to pick up a couple of boxes of chocolate for Valentine's Day tomorrow for my daughters. Hope you all have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Post- and Pre-Milestone Morning, Fellow MMC Citizens.

Both post and pre. It is ever thus.

But we will get to our new Milestone marker in just a moment.
As always, we begin with this:
Days to the Season: 273
Days to Christmas Day: 315

OK.
Now that we have officially entered the SECOND quarter of our Season count, it is already time to turn our attention to the next pending marker in our annual holiday journey.
The number is suggested above. The 300-day Christmas Day Window. It will be here in just 15 days.
TWO WEEKS from tomorrow.
(Gee. BOTH of our counts will then be under 300!)

It was supposed to be wet and warm yesterday. Only half of that proved to be the truth. Oh, the rain came alright. But it stayed quite chilly, in the 40's instead of the predicted 60's.
Today's high is stated to be in the mid 50's with a 0 percent chance of rain. We will see what actually happens.
Our beginning temperature for this mid-week day is 43 sunny degrees, here.

And speaking of mid-week, that can only mean another 'Pines Day open house, this one being the evening before Valentine's Day.
There is no doubt chocolate will play a major part in tonight's theme. The grapevine has already confirmed chocolate-chip fired twinkies will be available and there is a strong likelihood of a chocolate-coffee blend. The inn is decorated in lots of red and white with hearts everywhere.
Should be a sweet evening. And a good one not to miss.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Happy Valentine's Eve!

Last edited:

Christmas Knight

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Jan 17, 2011
Morning MMC!

Boy it's slick out there! I mean we got snow, but the ice is the issue... Drive safe to anyone in a similar situation!
~ CK

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning and Happy Pines Day, Christmas friends!

When I left work yesterday at 5pm, it was 81°F and mostly sunny. By 6:30pm, it was 59°F, windy and raining. Crazy weather!

Not much to report today. The boss is out, so I have to help keeps his reports flowing. In addition, the plant manger is out, too, and asked me to handle his reports. So...I'm doing reports today.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
-shiver-Hey everyone!!
Oh my goodness, the snow!!! I’m being blamed because I always ask for snow Chriatmas eve and Christmas Day. Since we didn’t get any for Christmas. Everyone says this is all my fault!!! Three “snow days” in three weeks!

I heard they closed a bunch of Colleges and Universities near you.

Today and overnight was worse than they indicated. I went to clear off my car to move it so the plow could clean out my spot and the snow was level with my car doors - that is not 3-5 cm.

Still coming down with tiny specks and strong winds; I'm not traveling anywhere today.

I could drive in it, but I don't trust that all the streets and parking lots are clear so no point in going anywhere.

I am working from home today; I had to take pain meds for my leg and sides; guess I hurt myself more than I realized when I slipped on the ice last Friday or it was the close call I had Monday night getting my stuff from the car to the hotel; I didn't fall, but the unattractive save pulled my muscles and veins in directions unknown to me. Good thing I had good traction on my boots, but sometimes it's not enough in this Northern climate.

Snow in Hawaii - crazy times. :bundleup

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I have now seen him twice and met and talked to him. We say in Louisville in December at a ComicCon. I got his autograph (on a picture from The Wrath of Khan) and spoke to him briefly about his show, Shatner's Raw Nerve.

He is very funny and though extremely busy at Cons, he is willing to talk for a little bit as he signs items an such.

He has some great stories to tell about the show and movies and all of the other things he does outside of entertainment.

I'm pretty sure most Canadians admire him for more than his StarTrek character and homeland. He's an all around good guy who breeds horses, sings (questionable) gives to special causes and often pokes fun at himself. He'll be turning 88 in March. I think he's more American these days, but "we claim him as ours". HaHa

I like his sense of humour; check this out!

Here's another one from a famous Elton song from the Science Fiction award show in '78.

May you go boldly where no Christmas Trek fan has gone before!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

I am working from home today; I had to take pain meds for my leg and sides; guess I hurt myself more than I realized when I slipped on the ice last Friday or it was the close call I had Monday night getting my stuff from the car to the hotel; I didn't fall, but the unattractive save pulled my muscles and veins in directions unknown to me. Good thing I had good traction on my boots, but sometimes it's not enough in this Northern climate.

I hope you feel better soon!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
-shiver-Hey everyone!!
Oh my goodness, the snow!!! I’m being blamed because I always ask for snow Chriatmas eve and Christmas Day. Since we didn’t get any for Christmas. Everyone says this is all my fault!!! Three “snow days” in three weeks!
Good gracious, take it back, already, before the parents of those snow day varmints hunt you down! You are in grave danger... :oops:

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good gracious, take it back, already, before the parents of those snow day varmints hunt you down! You are in grave danger... :oops:

There have been 15 snow days in my neck of the woods since the New Year and the first week was Christmas break. That's an awful lot of snow days.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good morning, MMC! Lots of running around to do today. The weather is supposed to start getting bad tonight into tomorrow, so we want to get it all done today.

We booked our trip Saturday night - we are going to the Bahamas for 5 days. Like I said, it's a very last minute type thing, but with every thing that has happened the last couple months, we the need the time away. We will be away very late Sunday-Saturday with flights and everything.

I'll check back in later - hope you all have a great day!
Glad you planned a grea trip! Enjoy it!
She is enjoying the indoor color guard. No she didn't do color guard for marching band.
I'm glad she likes it!

Christmasplease

Fruit Cake Baker
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
I heard they closed a bunch of Colleges and Universities near you.

Today and overnight was worse than they indicated. I went to clear off my car to move it so the plow could clean out my spot and the snow was level with my car doors - that is not 3-5 cm.

Still coming down with tiny specks and strong winds; I'm not traveling anywhere today.

I could drive in it, but I don't trust that all the streets and parking lots are clear so no point in going anywhere.

Glad you’re ok!

There are no words for this weather.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good early Valentine's Day! I don't know how many centimetres of snow we got overnight Tuesday into Wednesday but I got stuck again twice going into work, because our parking lot had not been cleared at all and our street was a mess. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers to help push the car and kitty litter to stop the wheels from spinning. I told David that never again am I taking the car out in a snow storm if our area has not been cleared properly.

I am up early because today is David's surgery and we have to be at the hospital for 7:30. It's about an hour's drive but with Winter road conditions, we'll leave around 6am. I woke up around 3am and couldn't really get back to sleep so I got up. I'm also starting an 11-day vacation to assist David in his first week of recovery. A break from work is most welcome. Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image