Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2020

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

Great to see you!

2. Rich

Rich Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Wow! New computer, I’m jealous.
    Welcome back!

3. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

Not gonna lie. The new job sucks. It sucks way worse than I thought it was going to suck.

But I'm grateful for it.

It means I get to keep coming home everyday to these two sweet little girls, both new granddaughters given to us these past 7 months, Ivy and Arya:

[​IMG]

Baby Ivy, now just a week old, is doing great. She's a great eater, a good pooper and wonderfully opinionated. She's also a beauty:

[​IMG]

4. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Beautiful grandchildren - Congratulations!

5. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Thank you, it did! I’m just relaxing now, watching tv. Hope you’re having a nice evening as well!

6. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I’m sorry to hear about the job, Jeff. I pray things improve for you. Beautiful granddaughters! Thanks for sharing with us.

7. Binger

Binger Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Hey Jeff congrats. I see some Jayish in that baby. He too is a good pooper ! Yabba!

8. Binger

Binger Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Coffee? Ok yesssssssssssssd Yabba!

9. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

They're both beautiful; Arya seems to be eyeing her cousin. Hope they grow up to be wonderful friends.

10. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Throw snowballs at me; I had Early Grey Tea instead of coffee this morning.

11. AuntieMistletoeDear

:locotreeHAPPY WEDNESDAY/PINES DAY +d

I had a decent sleep last night until I heard my husband faintly moaning and calling my name. I managed to get back to sleep which was a surprise.

I had an awkward moment at work with one of the Managers. I passed along a report she needed a week and a half ago and just before I was heading out the door, she asked for a few of the pages I had already given her and to amend the appendix again.

I told her that I gave them all to her and watched her slip them into a folder for the VP with whom she was meeting the next day.

She said she needed three of the pages again; I told her that I wouldn't have time to touch that report again until Monday. They were due by the end of the day.

I told her where she could access the missing pages that were clearly passed along to the VP by her without making copies and sent her a copy of the Appendix so she could amend that to suit the order of the accompanying pages.

She'll be a bit upset that I didn't bend to her demand and timeline, but my work was done once I passed it onto her. I suggested she just ask the VP for the report so she can make the copies, but I guess she didn't want her to know that she didn't keep a copy of the dozen pages. It was her error; not mine. Although, I now realize, I need to maintain copies of what I give her so it doesn't happen again. She should have asked me for help last week instead of waiting until the last minute.

Part of my job requires me to perform Internal Investigations; the sad reality (but necessary part) is that five employees over the course of 5 years have lost their jobs as a result and two others placed on work plans.

The awkward part is that she's also a friend outside of work. I hope she's adult enough not to let it put a strain on our friendship.

The training in the morning went fine.

O'Malley woke me up at 4:00 with a yucky hairball and some lovely spit up. He's okay, just a bit too much grooming and then eating right after that clogged him up.

We will see you at the Pines tonight for the end of January celebration.

Stay Jolly! +i

12. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Awww such beautiful granddaughters! With the background there’s a very retro feel to the picture of them side by side. Hope the days at your new job pass quickly Jeff.

13. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Good Wednesday morning! I did not sleep well but I’ll have a day off tomorrow so I’m just counting down the hours until this work day is done. It got quite cold overnight, sweater weather. Hope everyone will enjoy a great midweek!

14. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Happy Late January Mid-Week MMC! Moving along through Superbowl Week. Ordered the sandwich yesterday. Might have an extra couple of people coming so got 4 feet instead of 3. Leftovers for MMC :). Have a great Late January Mid-Week!

15. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

\i have had a couple of jobs over the years that I had to force myself to go to because they sucked royally, but was so grateful to have because I knew the bills would get paid and my kids fed. We do what we must and look to the blessings we have to get us thorough.
    Your granddaughters are beautiful.

16. Christmasstar

Good Morning MMC !!

So good to say that again!
    off to work in an hour.
    Already got some things done here, going to do some baking when I get home. Only work till noon so lots of time to catch up this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great day !

17. Christmasstar

I took this picture yesterday morning when out shopping with my mom
    [​IMG]

18. Rich

Rich Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Good morning and Merry Pines Day!
    Some how I caught a cold again. It hit me real hard when I got home from work yesterday. So I'm all drugged up this morning, hoping to make it thru the workday. Don't shake my hand at the Pines tonight, we'll just do fist bumps.
    Have a wonderful and blessed day!

19. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Good Morning, Middling Meandereres.
    (Wait. That doesn't sound right.)

Regardless, it is in fact the middle of the week, which also means 'Pines Day, starring Carl the camel and O'Malley, the wonder cat.

But before we get to that, we first must read and digest the latest count numbers:
    Days to the Season: 289
    Days to Christmas Day: 331

Two weeks from TODAY, Folks.
    The ONE-QUARTER Milestone marker to the Season will be here.
    That just seems too soon. Better check the chart again.....
    Yep. It's true.
    Believe it or not!

A pretty stable weather pattern has settled in here, with lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's, punctuated by an occasional light rain.
    Today's conditions will fit the pattern and we begin this center-of-the-week day at 33 degrees here in the capital city.

Final 'Pines Day of January, my friends. Incredible.
    Will Carl and O'Malley have a slam-bang end-of-the-month finish for us? Arrive this evening and see, my Friends.

Until then, you be certain to have a Wildly Wonderful Wednesday, OK?

20. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Hope the job gets better!! The babies are beautiful!
    Welcome back C-Star!

Hope you feel better...there is so much stuff going around!