Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2020

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2020.

1. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Merry Pines/Hump Day!
    I am hoping we have some more sun today...we'll see!
    Typical work day for me and tonight I have to take my daughter to something at her school.
    Hope you all have a great day!

2. Christmas Knight

Christmas Knight Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Man! I love me some party hero!!

3. Christmas Knight

Christmas Knight Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Merry Pines day all!

I hope all is well with everyone! See ya’ll at the Pines tonight!
    ~CK
    4F333168-1A90-4CC9-8540-002604A9C884.jpeg

4. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

I’m sorry to hear about the job, I hope things get better.
    Your grand babies are precious Jeff, you are blessed!
    xx

5. HomemakinGirl

Beautiful, that’s a great shot CS!
    xx

6. HomemakinGirl

Merry Pines Day MMC ~
    Not too much going on here, I'm just having my coffee and a bite to eat. I have a chiropractor appointment in about an hour. I’m going to wait until I get back home to walk the dogs, hopefully it warms up a bit. I’ll just be working on my daily chores later this afternoon. My youngest is going to the laundromat after work and said she’d come over for dinner when she’s finished so I’m looking forward to seeing her. I guess that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
    xx

7. Dudley

Dudley Mistletoeologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Wednesday and Merry Christmas!
    Temp this morning was 42. Forecast is 73 and sunny
    39 days to Daylight Saving Time
    Tuesday exercycle time: 0 minutes
    2020 yard work: 20 hours
    2020 exercycle time: 2 hour, 00 minutes

Another great day to embrace. I definitely need to get off the couch in the evenings and get on the exercycle. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Today in the office is just more of the same. Have a 10am meeting to review and discuss a Supplier agreement.

Enjoy!

8. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

To those of you still working, I feel for you. I'm retired, at 55 - five years ago, and I thank my lucky stars because I spent more than 25 years, with a 2-hour each way commute, in a job I hated but doing the work I loved. The managers made the job a whole lot tougher than it had to be and most couldn't do the job because they had never done the job - the theory that "all managers can manage anywhere". I took a 40% pay cut when I retired and turned down several offers to go back as a higher-paid consultant, but it was the best decision I ever made. My advice - retire as soon as you can, life is too short, your family too important, and your body won't last forever.

Mid-40s and sunny out there today, I think I might just to go down to the stable and talk to the horses awhile...Embrace the Day!

9. He_Is_Born

He_Is_Born Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Good advice 'Herder. I retired after 30 years working for a county school system. I chilled out for about 10 weeks then drove a delivery truck for another 10 years. I can tell you, working for that minimum wage 30 hours a week was a lot more enjoyable than running in the rat race. The rats always seemed to win.

10. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Absolutely beautiful! Stunning sunlight.

11. Dudley

Dudley Mistletoeologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I planned poorly and have endured some unfortunate circumstances. Right now I plan to retire in 5 years. Best I can do.

12. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

There are gobs of year round Christmas music streaming sources out there to boost your yule spirit...:D

13. Yuletide Junkie

My current lunchtime companion is "North Pole Radio" on I Heart Radio...:)

14. Yuletide Junkie

Missed you...Glad you will be around more often...

15. Yuletide Junkie

My brilliant bride scored a refurbed laptop from work for $50. Now if only she can put down the NOOK long enough to mess around with it.... o_O

16. Yuletide Junkie

Not unlike the room full of manure, there's just gotta be a pony...er...something good in the job somewhere.

17. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

You're welcome, sugar!

18. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I'm so glad your parents are doing well, HmG, and that you had a nice visit!

I did have a nice night ~ Palmer and I watched a Christmas movie. :)

Sending hugs back and merry wishes your way! xx

19. Meceka

Aw, your granddaughters are beautiful, Jeff!

I hope the new job grows on you.

20. Meceka

Praying you are better soon, Rich!