Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Eve Boxes

Discussion in 'Home & Family' started by kelly ann, Oct 21, 2019.

1. kelly ann

kelly ann Christmasologist Merry Forums Member

This may have been asked, but what do you guys think of this Christmas Eve Box tradition? I haven't yet done it for my kids. To be honest it just seems like an awful lot what with stockings to do and Elf on the shelf, if you do that. I don't.
    I've always given them new pj's etc on Christmas eve but I've seen some parents go completely overboard with it. It's like an extra Xmas! Lol

2. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Our tradition has become staying up Christmas Eve until midnight and then, since it is now Christmas Day, we open our gifts.

sugar142286 and KimB like this.
  3. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

We do it with our kids. It’s become a tradition in our house and our kids love it. In their box is a new set of PJs, a new movie, a book for each of them, mugs, popcorn, and hot chocolate - all Christmas related. We used to read the book on Christmas Eve, but now that they’re getting older, DH and I got them chapter books this year. They open the box when we come home from mass and they watch some or all of the movie, as share the treats before heading to bed. They love this tradition and DH and I love buying for the box and partaking in it.

4. savingstar

savingstar Twinkle Light Checker MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

my children are too old now to do this but i do like the idea and would have koved to have done this when they were small

5. Peanuts

Peanuts Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

We used to do a Christmas Eve box for my niece, but last year decided to change it up a bit. We gave her a smaller box with Christmas pajamas and a Christmas DVD at the beginning of December so that she could enjoy them throughout the month.

Dudley likes this.