Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Light Count: Anyone Else Do This?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by xmas365, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ponytramp

ponytramp Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class Merry Forums Member

Mine are turning on tonight!
    :lightman

Rich likes this.
  2. Rich

Rich Fruit Cake Baker MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

2 last night. Mine and a house about a mile away. :)

ponytramp, SnowflakeMom and Dudley like this.
  3. C.Griswald

C.Griswald Remember-no man is a failure who has friends! MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

Seven houses in our development. Maybe folks are turning them on early due to the late Thanksgiving this year? Ours will come on Thanksgiving night...call me old school...

lisa48317, Dudley and Rich like this.
  4. Rich

Thanksgiving night is a great time to let them shine "Old School". ;)

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  5. lisa48317

lisa48317 Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I haven't noticed any yet!
    I'm Old School, too. I don't know if we'll have lights ON the house this year since hubby is out of state until Dec 2 and well - Michigan weather isn't the best then. But I'll be out the day after Thanksgiving putting my blowmolds out!

I have a variety of Santas & Snowmen, so I'm thinking of leaving the Snowmen out thru January, since it's always so dark & depressing after the holidays.

Rich and ponytramp like this.
  6. Rich

Two again tonight. My house and that same house a mile away.
    I need more Christmas fanatics in my area! :p

ponytramp likes this.
  7. Dudley

Dudley Sugar Cookie Tester Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Too much dark still. I leave early on Thursdays so it will still be light on the drive home. I will be putting up our lights this weekend.

ponytramp likes this.
  8. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We have a neighbor down the street from us on the other side whose yard, house, and driveway are completely covered with lights and inflatables. He has been working on it since November 1st and everything is lit every night. There is even Christmas music playing (which, I can actually hear in my house if I turn the TV off. I love Christmas but I would hate to be his next door neighbor because I am sure the music is quite loud for them!). We have our outdoor lights complete and they are set on a timer and turn on each night. I saw one other house on my street with outdoor lights on and several others as I was running to the store last night (ironically for one more strand of Christmas lights for my indoor village that we put up last night!) My neighborhood usually does pretty well with people decorating their outside, so I look forward each night to new displays!

ponytramp likes this.
  9. Dudley

On my journeys today saw several houses preparing. I'll get our lights up tomorrow.

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  10. ponytramp

I went to a friends house last night and I was disappointed by how few houses I saw lit up. Don't get me wrong. I was happy to see the ones that I did see. I just thought there would be more by now.

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  11. Rich

There were 6 houses all lit up tonight on my way home from church.
    Christmas is upon us!!!

12. ponytramp

I'm happy to report that the number of houses is increasing!! Yippee!!!
    -reindeer-

Dudley likes this.
  13. Dudley

I saw 8 yesterday

ponytramp likes this.
  14. Rich

I saw 24 Tuesday night.

15. Dudley

Counted 46 Tuesday night on the way home