Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas sweater?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by DoubleA, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DoubleA

DoubleA Next in line to Mr. Claus MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Christmas is right around the corner. Time to spill the beans...
    Do you own a "ugly Christmas sweater"?
    Are you offended that people call them "ugly Christmas sweaters"?
    Do you dress fancy for Christmas or keep it casual?

2. ChristmasFanatic2

ChristmasFanatic2 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member Christmas Talk Alum

Nothing Christmasy I have, do I consider ugly, but then I don't really have any sweatshirts with a Christmas theme, just tee shirts. As long as I'm happy, folks can call Christ,as sweaters, ugly, but I see more and more folks are getting into the ugly sweater contests! We kind of do a mix, in my family.....we dress up a bit more than casual, but not technically, dressed to the nines.

3. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I dress casual but,christmasy,as does everyone else,nice and christmas colors or something with a christmas print.:shakeit

Attached Files:

4. MarthaK

MarthaK Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I have a full wardrobe of them! At one time, a decade ago, I could wear a different Christmas sweater every workday for the entire month between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The collection has been paired down, to mostly the pretty and cute ones. Ugly Christmas sweater fans, check out the Salvation Army thrift store for the ones I turned in.

5. frostyman

frostyman Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer

I have a sweater I've had since the 80's and I never wear it but my wife does every year.

6. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

I knew there had to be an Ugly Sweater Th:eek:read Somewhere LOL.
    Some Years I do and Some Years I dont,the funny thing is when people ask me if i know the sweater is Ugly!
    I reply''Of Course i do""( thats the point of it for me anyways) "":locotree

7. MsRose

Nice to Meet you MarthaK::wave ..!
    So..Your the one that donates all the Christmas Sweaters,I might just have a few you left behind LOL

8. MichelleluvsChristmas

MichelleluvsChristmas Christmas Aficionado MMC Lifer

I don't but I really would like one! I may have to make one though, because people sell them for crazy amounts and I can't afford it LOL :)

9. Mistletoe Wishes

Mistletoe Wishes Sugar Cookie Tester Merry Forums Member

10. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

I have many Christmas shirts that I wear from right after Halloween until late January, I actually took pictures of all my shirts and posted them in an album here. http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/media/albums/my-ridiculous-christmas-t-shirt-collection.521/ I did have have a blog post about them before the site upgraded last month.
    I actually got my first real "Ugly Christmas Sweater" a couple months ago, you may recognize it from the movie Step Brothers.
    It is all for the fun of the greatest time of the year.
    [​IMG]

11. DoubleA

I knew I had seen it somewhere before!, AWESOME!

12. DoubleA

13. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

14. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

[​IMG]
    :D

15. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Oh ... my ... Lord.
    I don't know if I love it or hate it!
    Someone in our office made a tiny fireplace that he could put his iPhone in and run a fireplace app. It was the cutest darn thing I'd ever seen, and I wished I could buy one. This is kinda similar, but a LOT kitsch-ier!

16. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

It made me laugh when I saw it!! :DInteresting, to say the least!

17. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I have a couple Christmas sweaters. They aren't "ugly", just festive.

18. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

That's how I feel about some Christmas sweaters that are called "ugly." It's all a matter of taste!

19. Twinkle Too

Twinkle Too Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I don't own a Christmas Sweater but do have a couple Christmas Sweatshirts and cute T Shirt...Since it's usually warm around here on Christmas, I'm usually wearing the Christmas T Shirt.
    Christmas Sand Snowman the D'Avanzo's built on Naples Beach 12-21-13.jpg

20. MsRose

Well, think you have to have a good sense of humor to pull this off!