Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas sweater?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by DoubleA, Aug 11, 2015.

1. brent

brent Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Santa's Elf

I own three "ugly" Christmas sweaters. Every year, my friends and I have an Ugly Christmas Sweater party. it's always a fantastic time. We usually have delicious snacks and then put some meat on the raclette and dip cheese in the fondue. Just thinking about it makes me wish it were tomorrow!

On top of this, I started a new tradition last year. I divide everyone into teams (of three or four) and organize a music trivia game. I love it. I am kind of a savant when it comes to music, plus they all know that I am the one that loves Christmas the most, so I enjoy taking the reigns here. In terms of the game, I create six categories. Two of them being Traditional Christmas music (pre-1970) and Modern Christmas music (post-1970). Other categories range from One Hit Wonders of the late 90s, Boy Bands, or Alternative Rock. Much like the party as a whole, I am super excited to try this again in a few months. Actually, I already have the game about 70% completed.

Hopefully I will get around to posting my sweaters later. Kim and I just purchased new ones last year. We may re-use them this year, but we'll probably still look around for new ones... After all, there are also awards for Best Sweater and Most Tacky Sweater!

2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

That sounds like a really good time!

3. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member MMC Partner

I've got a 'Mr Christmas' (from the 'MR MEN' series of children's books) and a 'Jingle For Me' t-shirts. And for sweaters (or jumpers as we call them here in the UK!) one that's a 'santa' outfit (complete with knitted belt) and one that's a black sweater with an elf's body on it (so it's my head on a little body!!!).

I's great fun wearing the t-shirts in the middle of summer and seeing what reactions you get :)

4. MarthaK

MarthaK Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

As someone who rocked the Christmas sweater thing long before anyone called them "ugly," I love that fireplace!

5. pattyjo

pattyjo Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I would love to own a Christmas Sweater, but being Summer here at Christmas time, it is way to hot and I'll probably melt and even our winter does not get cold enough to wear a sweater either, that's the Tropics for you..maybe one day...lol

6. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

I don't own any but do have some T-shirts. Would rather not see them called ugly but I don't take offense.

We typically don't dress up for Christmas anymore but we don't go anywhere either. If I could stay in pajamas and a robe all day, I would be just fine!

7. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

Hi Holly Jolly, nice to meet you!
    I was just shopping around online today for Christmas pajamas.
    That's my new thing now is instead of getting all dressed up on Christmas day like I did when I was younger I just lounge around in Christmas PJs brings out the little kid in me LOL:)

8. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Wouldn't that make an interesting party---come in your Christmas PJs!

9. MsRose

Merry Carey LOVE that idea ??!!
    No one does that , that I know .
    Super groovy idea friend :cool:

10. MerryCarey

Thank you!
    I think I'd be embarrassed to attend, though … I'd have to keep my robe on!

11. MsRose

Yes..Merry I can see your point..!
    It takes a confident and or Crazy Adult to pull off Onesie PJ's LOL.

12. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Hi MsRose!

For a couple of decades, until last year, we would do Christmas on Christmas Eve at very close family friends near my parent's house, then go back to my folks' place and do it there. I'd say around 25 of us at any moment. I always went over in pajama bottoms, a robe, and slippers...probably in a Christmas T shirt though. Stayed in them. Some others do similar, some rock Christmas sweaters or costumes. Next day, shower...then new ones! Nowadays, we seal off at the folks' house for days. Each day, same. I even exercise the dog in them. Street clothes don't come back until we leave the house. Bliss.

MerryCarey - no need for embarrassment...you're among family & friends! ::surprise

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  13. MerryCarey

And yet, I got a fire-engine-red onesie with matching booties when I was 15---and posed for a photograph! I just don't think I could pull it off today!

AuntieMistletoeDear and MsRose like this.
  14. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

I have found some "ugly" sweaters I would love to add to my collection.
    What do you get a Status Quo fan?
    [​IMG]
    This of course!
    One of my favorite movies, Gremlins, I think I need this one.
    [​IMG]
    Ugly sweaters are just awesome now.

15. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

These are so you!!
    Love the Gremlins one!

MsRose and xmas365 like this.
  16. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

I get the "look" when I tell my wife I would like those. :)

17. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

;) Ha ha!

MsRose and xmas365 like this.
  18. MsRose

LOL

19. MsRose

Sure you could ..!:snowball

MerryCarey likes this.
  20. MsRose