Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas sweater?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by DoubleA, Aug 11, 2015.

1. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Thank you both!
    I think if MMC had a party, I wouldn't mind showing up in pajamas. Digitally, though---no way.
    We did not have a Christmas PJs tradition in my family, but I think it's a nice idea. Cozy jammies could only add more comfort and joy to the occasion!

2. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

:)Mary, we could start our own tradition if we all didn't live so far away from each other..!
    Sorry typo merry not Mary

3. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Yes!

4. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

That's nasty, but I kind of like it. I'd give it to my brother and he'd wear it every Christmas Eve, I'm sure. One year he and his wife were dressed as presents in outfits he made himself - I didn't even know he could sew. They even had dangling mini silver bells and ribbon on their festive tops.

MsRose likes this.
  5. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I scrolled through your merry attire before and commented on a few; my favourites are the Frosty and Peanuts gang sweatshirts. I have one brother that wears sweaters quite a bit so he gets away with whatever he puts on and come to think of it, I've never thought of any of the festive ones as being "ugly".
    The other brother gave me and my husband 2 sweatshirts with snowflakes and reindeer mating on them 1 in red the other in green - somehow I don't see us wearing those out in public.

MsRose and snowflake22 like this.
  6. AuntieMistletoeDear

I don't own any sweaters; I'm always hot. I have festive pjs and had Christmas sweaters and tops when I was younger.

JollyHeather and MsRose like this.
  7. AuntieMistletoeDear

I neglected to answer the last question...
    We always dress up for our Christmas Eve celebration, especially when we're with my family; when we're with my husband's side of the family it's a bit more casual. On Christmas day, we wear something a bit more casual and by Christmas dinner, we're usually sporting something new that was received as a present. I don't like wearing clothes that hasn't been laundered yet, but if it's only going to be for 3 hours, I'll suffer through to show appreciation for the gift and to detract from the fact that I'm a bit of a germophobe.

When we were little, we wore festive Pjs that were on our dressers or the foot of our beds while we opened presents on Christmas morning, but we dressed up a bit for our visitors.

DoubleA and MsRose like this.
  8. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Double i agree with you!
    Thankyou all for posting this one, i just needed this to brighten up my day!

9. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

:)

JollyHeather likes this.
  10. Granny2015

Granny2015 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member Christmas Talk Alum

Christmas is right around the corner. Time to spill the beans...
    Do you own a "ugly Christmas sweater"? No I do not and have not owned one since I was a child.
    Are you offended that people call them "ugly Christmas sweaters"? No not really, everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Do you dress fancy for Christmas or keep it casual? When my pastor's wife has her annual Christmas Tea it is a dressy affair but when people come to my house it is casual.

AuntieMistletoeDear likes this.
  11. JollyHeather

I did not ever own a Christmas sweater but on this side of the pond it's not a thing. Some of my CT friends send me Christmas socks with the ornament exchanges and i LOVE them! I do not mind when people say they do not like them. I wear them for me and my love of Christmas.
    This year's colour scheme is red, gold and green and i bought a lovely golden top for this Christmas dinner.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  12. Granny2015

This thread is so funny because one of my choir members is considering hosting an ugly Christmas sweater party. She was telling me about it last night at rehearsal so that means I will have to go on the hunt for one.
    [​IMG]

13. JollyHeather

Good luck on finding one!
    ;)

AuntieMistletoeDear likes this.
  14. DoubleA

DoubleA Next in line to Mr. Claus MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I have been finding some great deals on Zulily and Etsy for the Christmas sweaters, I keep looking for that perfect one.

15. AuntieMistletoeDear

I had a pair of Frosty the Snowman and Jingle Bell slippers, but O'Malley nearly tore me apart trying to get at Frosty's broomstick and the bells on the other pair of slippers. I had to stop wearing them so I gave them away to my mom, who at the time didn't have a cat.

16. AuntieMistletoeDear

I received a festive shirt last year that I like very much and can hardly wait to start wearing it. I'm receiving an award at work this year at our Holiday gathering and I told my husband I was thinking of wearing my Christmas top and he said it wasn't dressy enough and I said, "It has some dazzling festive colours." We'll see, I wore it to Christmas dinner last year.

17. Holiday

Here you go, color up some sweaters... :D (adult coloring book)
    [​IMG]

DoubleA and snowflake22 like this.
  18. Granny2015

I love the adult coloring books, so relaxing. [​IMG]

Holiday likes this.
  19. Holiday

I agree!! I just ordered/rec'd 2 cardinals/snow scene. Haven't started it yet!
    That's beautiful!

20. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

Jonathan Groff's Christmas sweater