Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Churches at Christmas Time....

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by CharlestonNole, Oct 9, 2008.

1. CharlestonNole

CharlestonNole Keeper of the Yule Goat MMC Emeritus Member

Everybody, don't forget just to post general light displays, too. Jeff mentioned it in another thread and we want everyone to post in the show off thread.

That way, we all get to see a little of everyone's Christmas!!!!

2. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

I posted this last Christmas but as you weren't here then, I'll post it especially for you.

It's Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal, taken Christmas 2006

[​IMG]

angelpugs likes this.
  3. CharlestonNole

That is beautiful! Thank you.

4. caseydbell

caseydbell MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Fantastic idea, love it!

5. caseydbell

caseydbell MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Beautiful Picture!

6. CharlestonNole

The lavendar/purple(ish) hue is mesmerizing.

7. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

I was really pleased with the way it turned out - my other ones were pretty fuzzy!

8. Mumof2

Mumof2 One Happy lil Elf MMC Lifer

Wow that is A Gorgeous Church!!

9. HouseElf

HouseElf Limited Member MMC Emeritus Member

We visited the Notre Dame Basilica over 18 years ago, it is beautiful!

I will post a photo of our small Parish during Advent. What a great idea cheesy

10. Twinkle Too

Twinkle Too Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I love the way our church is decorated but you'll have to wait until mid December to post some pictures.

11. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

beautifull church Maureen, tho I have to say I love the churches that are not that fancy more....but I admire the work and beauty in those churches as well....Is it Catholic?

12. Maureen

Very!!! There is another, more "everyday use" chapel at the back, which is very modern in decor and hasn't nearly as much stained glass (the front part probably caused a national shortage!!!) I'll try and find relatively clear shots of the stained glass. It was a new camera and I was still finding my feet with it, so all things considered, I was lucky!!

13. trackrebel

lookin forward to the pics

14. Ms_Speedy_Elf

Ms_Speedy_Elf MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Those picture's are beautiful.

Does anyone else ever stay up to watch Christmas mass from the Vatican? It comes on at midnight here on the east coast but it is always so beautiful and you are in awe at how beautiful it is inside.

15. trackrebel

I don´t stay up for it...usually when we come home from my grandpa rents...we switch on the TV....it´s alwayson the first channel....so we always see it, at least for a moment

16. Wenceslaus

Wenceslaus MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

angelpugs likes this.
  17. trackrebel

wow that´s a great picture...thanks for posting it

18. Ms_Speedy_Elf

Ms_Speedy_Elf MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Maureen and Wenceslaus ,those picture are beautiful. All churches are beautiful ,but the architecture on the old churches can often be breath taking.All of the beautiful craftsmanship that goes in to them .WOW!!!

19. CharlestonNole

Wenceslaus that is a great pic. Thanks for posting....

20. trackrebel

yup....that´s true....the big cathedral or Dom in my city....it was already standing in 1500....it was build from 1200-1300....I mean...how did they do it? there were no cranes nothing...it´s just crazy to me....to see what I´m talking bout here is a picture [​IMG]