Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I remember the Wolf Man...my brother used to watch him but I don't remember being scared??

Freddy Krueger bring me back to jr. high days and we loved all those movies. We were into horror movies and scary movies back then and we would watch them all...lol

Minta and Edge612 like this.
  2. tbutler

tbutler Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

If you want a scary werewolf movie, An American Werewolf in London comes to mind immediately. Definitely left an impression on me!!!!

3. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

But, he played such great music... oh, sorry... wrong wolfman, Jack!

4. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I remember Wolfman Jack. He use to have a TV show.

5. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

The scariest part is the Wolf Man is a victim who never wanted to become a monster ... anyone who’s a victim will suffer the same curse. Anyone is vulnerable to the same fate.

6. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Very well put MC!

Minta and MerryCarey like this.
  7. Edge612

SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2019
    Happy Saturday the 13th! I know it's not quite "Friday" the 13th but hey close enough right? We're still in the month being Halfway to Halloween and celebrating it so what better way to celebrate it than by talking about Jason on the "13th" of the month!

We're Halfway to Halloween! And today is the 13th. When you think about the unlucky # 13 you think about 1 guy. You think about 1 Horror Character. You think about the man, the myth, the monster, the legend. You think about Jason himself! Jason basically has always come across to me as a more aggressive, faster version of Michael Myers. The speed at which he could move always scared the heck out of me. Usually monsters who are that scary don't move that fast. And that's actually what makes them scary! Their slow moving yet somehow they're catching you even at their slower pace. Always scary. But with Jason you have to seriously RUN to get away and you still might get caught. He's a fast horror character. He doesn't waste time. He doesn't stalk and walk slowly. He comes for you and then he gets you. That's his goal. He's not worried about scaring people. He's worried about simply getting them. I always enjoyed watching the "Friday the 13th" series back in the day. And it's fun to revisit now and again, especially in October. Thoughts on Jason and his famous "Friday the 13th" series of movies? Tell us today on the 13th and Beware of Jason!

The 13th always makes me think about Jason. Kind of like the 25th always makes me think of Christmas. Very similar yet very different. Have a great 13th of the month and celebrate by watching a Jason movie!​

Minta likes this.
  8. Edge612

SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2019
    Happy 2 Weeks into April! We're really moving towards Mid-Month already folks. I don't know but these late winter through spring months always seem to go fast. I think it always goes fast till about the 4th of July and then we hit the dog days of summer. But when that time comes we'll be starting to dream about this guy's favorite time of year coming!

Michael Myers. My favorite Horror Character of all time. I went to see the new movie last October and loved it. I saw some people didn't but for the most part, it got very good reviews. It had more of a feel of the old classics. And that's what I loved about it. The feel. Halloween movies always were about the feel to me. You knew it was Halloween. You knew it was Autumn. The neighborhood was eerily quiet and normal looking until MM would show up. And I loved those movies and watching him move about without people noticing. Michael Myers was always that stalker type character. He would try to SCARE you not just kill you. Of course, he was dangerous with his knife but the way he walked was just so scary to me. I'll never forget that scene in an early Halloween film of someone looking outside their bedroom window and seeing him from across the street staring back at her. And then she looked again and he was gone. Talk about SCARY. Knowing he's close, he knows where you are, and you don't know where he is. That just scares the heck out of me. Michael Myers Halloween Movies always were great to me except the previous handful of ones that disappointed me before the LAST one that just came out in October. If you haven't seen it and you're a fan of Old-School MM then I would suggest you check it out. What are your thoughts on Michael Myers?

I remember being at my Grandmother's house as a little kid and my Uncle showing me the 1st Halloween movie. It scared the heck out of me but something about it made me want to watch it again. Have a great 2 weeks into April Day!​

*Vixen*, Minta and tbutler like this.
  9. Edge612

MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2019
    Happy Tax Day! Ok maybe it's not a Happy Day having to pay your taxes (unless you get a refund like me). But hopefully you got those out of the way by now. Let's wrap up today talking about Halloween shows in general before moving on to other Halloween topics this week in our Halfway to Halloween celebration this month of April!

Halloween Shows. I know this will sound crazy but I almost like them as much, or even more than Christmas shows. Ok don't get mad at me. You have to understand I loved October and Halloween before I even fell back in love with Christmas. I never went through a time in my life where I didn't love Halloween but I did for Christmas when I was in my late teens to early 20s. There has always been something special to me about Halloween episodes, cartoons, movies, etc. Just seeing the black and orange. Just seeing the kids trick or treating in these shows. Seeing the different costumes, the candy, and more. I love it all. I love the "feel" of Halloween. Of course this is something I love about a lot of these different Halloween shows and episodes. "The Feel" that October gives us really sets the table for the entire Holiday Season ahead too. Maybe that's just another reason why I love the Halloween Season. Maybe that's why I love watching these Halloween shows. They make me so happy and yet I know we still have the Christmas Season and all the Christmas shows ahead. Anyway, to wrap up Halloween shows I will say I love the "kids stuff" the most but I still love a good fun Halloween movie with Michael Myers. Great combo. What type of Halloween Shows would you say are your favorite? Scary or fun?

Halloween shows are always some of my favorite things to watch of the entire year. They are special to me and I love them. They make me realize how much I love that time of year in October. To think we're halfway there is just insane. Have a great Tax Day Monday!​

Minta likes this.
  10. RachRon

RachRon Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

I really like the Halloween movies and the Friday the 13th franchise I grew up on that stuff scared to death !! But as a grown adult I have It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on my dvr so I guess I like it all .

Edge612 and Minta like this.
  11. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I like fun Halloween shows; I will not watch Halloween scary movies.

12. George Broderick Jr.

I'm surprised they never did a horror movie with Taxman... the ghost of a CPA who was killed in a car wreck trying to get a return to the post office before the April 15th deadline... he comes to you if you've cheated on your taxes and kills you in horrible "tax-y" ways... drowning you for under-reporting your liquid assets, stranding you on an uncharted island with hungry lions for having a secret off-shore account, etc... he could even have a catch phrase like "Nothing is certain except death... and taxes!" Just a thought.

13. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

It would make a great comic book ... ;)

14. *Vixen*

*Vixen* Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

Halloween is one of my favourite horror movies and I make sure to rewatch it each October. I get chills as soon as I hear the theme song. I enjoyed the new movie too.

I like a good mix of scary and fun Halloween shows.

Rich and Edge612 like this.
  15. Edge612

TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2019
    Happy 2nd Half of April! Wow we've already moved into the 2nd half of the month that is "Halfway to Halloween." Pretty incredible isn't it? Today we talk about something that I love and I know most of you do because it's a special sign of what's to come when it gets here!

There's not much better than in October seeing a bunch of Halloween decorations and lights outside. It's a special time of year. It makes you happy if you are a Halloween Lover like myself. And even if you aren't a big fan of Halloween it makes you realize what's NEXT after that which is the holiday season which everyone here loves. But I love those first signs in Mid-Late summer when I see the signs of Halloween out in the stores. It seems like once the 4th of July ends I can already start keeping my eye out for them. They come earlier than you think. And they are fun to see. Nothing beats seeing the black and orange, witches, scarecrows, pumpkins, black cats, candy corn and much, much more. The Halloween costumes being out is awesome too. The black and orange flickering lights make this guy smile here. And seeing all of this makes you realize what's coming. There seem to be a lot of people in my area that decorate for Halloween which I'm glad about. And they start early sometimes because really it's the "1st" holiday time to come after we get through the 4th of July there isn't much else for the next several months (except Labor Day). Do you enjoy the Halloween decorations and lights? Do they compare at all to Christmas for you? Tell the Hang Out today!

You all know by now that I love the black and orange of October. And the feel of October is special. Seeing those Halloween decorations and lights out are the first time I seriously get "excited" for the Bers. I hope to see them by late July or early August. Have a great start to the 2nd Half of April!​

Rich and SnowflakeMom like this.
  16. MerryCarey

There isn't much in the way of Halloween decorations where we live, but it's nice to see any decorations that come out. It's the vanguard of the holidays.

Rich and Edge612 like this.
  17. Rich

Rich Santa Clausologist MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

I love the first signs of Halloween. Heavens, I love the first signs of Thanksgiving and Christmas too. But the first to arrive is Halloween, and that really gets my blood pumping. We decorate the whole house inside and out for Halloween. Nothing real scary, but a lot of fun stuff. A few other houses in the neighborhood decorate too. There's a store in town that puts out Fall/Halloween in June and of course Hobby Lobby starts in May.

SnowflakeMom and Edge612 like this.
  18. Edge612

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2019
    Happy April Showers! Yes, that's what we've got coming in my area. A nice day followed by showers after showers after showers. But they bring May flowers right? But the weather in October? Oh that weather is my favorite of all!

Is there anything better than a cool, crisp October morning with the sun coming out and temps in the 60s during the afternoon with an Autumn breeze? Not much beats that. Halloween Weather is some of the best weather you can ask for. And if you're a fan of October & Halloween you know that type of weather really makes you feel Halloween just as much as a snowy December day can make you feel Christmas. It's a great feeling too. We all hope for October weather when it does arrive but we've had a year where we had a snowstorm right before Halloween! Too soon! And didn't make it feel like Halloween. We've also had a 70 degree day on Halloween which is too warm for it. But overall in October we often get some nice weather. We get a bit of that October chill that makes you realize what's coming. And it just sets the mood for the month of Halloween. It's some of the best weather of the year in October. And it is very fitting with the leaves turning and starting to fall also. It all sets the scene for October which has more "feel" to it than any month of the year other than December. I love it. How do you feel about October weather and does it set the mood for you for Halloween like December weather does for Christmas?

I hope you all do appreciate that kind of weather. And I know you will after a long warm to hot/humid summer. We've actually had a fairly nice spring so far here but the rain showers are now going to be taking over soon. Have a great April Showers bring May Flowers Mid-Week!​

Rich likes this.
  19. George Broderick Jr.

April showers bring May flowers... and Mayflowers bring pilgrims!

Edge612 and Rich like this.
  20. Edge612

THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2019
    Happy Holy Thursday! We are starting to roll towards Easter Weekend here but we continue our look at being "Halfway to Halloween" month. And we do that by talking about one of the main things we all think about when we think about Halloween: CANDY!

Candy is good all times of year. Right now we see lots of Easter candy out. We enjoy it. We also see plenty of candy out for the holiday season and Christmas time. We enjoy that too. And during the year you'll see candy around all the time. But there is something special about Halloween Candy. After all, for kids the point of the holiday is to dress up and go out to get CANDY! And lots of it too. Snickers, Twix, Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, M&Ms, Jolly Ranchers, Twizzlers, Tootsie Rolls, Babyruth, Almond Joy, and lots more. You name it and it's out during the month of October. Oh don't forget Kit Kat, Hershey and Crunch Bar! Love them all. Is it just me or do some of these candies just taste better during the month of October than the other months of the year? Just wondering. I always feel that way. I would have to say my favorite Halloween Candy is Reeses Peanut Butter Cup with Twix being 2nd. But I'm not too picky when it comes to Halloween Candy. If it's chocolate I probably will like it. How about you? And what kinds do you normally buy in October for yourself (err I mean for the kids). :) Let us know today talking about Halloween Candy!

Easter Weeknd is Coming and we'll be talking about that on Sunday for sure. Definitely an exciting time and an exciting step we're taking. That's a plus. We're all on that road to Easter which leads us on the road to Memorial Day. Have a great Holy Thursday!​

Rich and Minta like this.