Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Donuts are my Kryptonite... one leads inevitably to a dozen... I try to avoid them... I love apple cider all year long.

Rich, Edge612, Minta and 1 other person like this.
  2. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

Apple cider is a must in our house and if we do not tell our son he can only have 1 glass a day he would drink the whole gallon in a day or 2. Love making applesauce, apple butter, apple pie filling to can, apple crisp which I will be making next weekend and apple breads.

Rich, Edge612 and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  3. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
    Happy Halloween Season! Today is a big day as this is the day that most on MMC in the Halloween section consider the start to the Halloween Season. Right around the 20th of September on the Friday is when we usually celebrate it. Let's talk about it!

Happy Halloween Season! You thought that I was going to wait until October to mention Halloween huh? Oh no. For us Halloween Hardcores we start thinking about Halloween as soon as the 4th of July is over. And in August we start to see the first real signs of it out in some stores. September? It's like we're rolling towards the real full Halloween Season. Today unofficially starts it. It actually gives us 6 full weeks to enjoy the Halloween Season. That's just about right. It will take me at least those 6 weeks to watch my Halloween shows so tonight I'll start putting them on. And I'll continue trying to watch at least 1 per day every day through Halloween. That's my goal for this Halloween Season. I really do love it. It's something I've loved since I was a kid. It's strange but for some reason I never lost my love for Halloween from being a kid yet I did lose my love for Christmas through my teenage years (thankfully got that back in full force). What are your plans for the Halloween Season? Watching some scary movies, buying some Halloween candy, picking out costumes, trick or treating, going to a Halloween trail, etc.? Tell us in the Hang Out as the spookiest season of the year begins!

I hope you all are ready for the Halloween Season. If you're not big into Halloween I know you still love these next 6 weeks for Autumn starting up, apple picking, cooler days, leaves turning, etc. I love this time of year. Have a great Halloween Season!​

Rich, Minta and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  4. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Halloween costumes and other paraphernalia have been on store shelves since mid-August, so I see no reason we can't discuss Halloween in late September... personally, though, I will wait until October 1st before I go out in search of Candy Corn!

Rich, Edge612, Minta and 2 others like this.
  5. Minta

Usually I look forward to Halloween but now not as much since my youngest informed us the other day that he doesn't want to go trick or treating this year :eek::(. Since we are on a dead end street we do not get a lot of trick or treaters.

As long as the weather is good next weekend we will get our outside Halloween decorations up and I will finish decorating inside.

Rich, Edge612 and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  6. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I love seeing all the decorations, costumes and candy of course..lol but I usually decorate more for fall. Although we always do have a carved pumpkin on our step.

Rich, Minta, Edge612 and 1 other person like this.
  7. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

The inside of the house is all decorated with a mixture of fall/Halloween decorations. We will probably put up the outside decorations next week!

Rich, Minta and Edge612 like this.
  8. Edge612

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2019
    Happy Final Weekend of Summer! Yes, this is officially the last weekend of summer. Autumn (the best season of all by far) begins on Monday. Let's talk about our plans for the last weekend of summer!

Happy Final Weekend of Summer! It's officially the end this weekend and by the looks of it, summer will go out feeling like...summer. We should see temperatures in the low 80s with sunshine and low humidity. That's pretty much perfect late summer weather. A little warm for this time of year for sure but the lower humidity (and the sun's strength being less this time of year) should make it feel actually really nice out. And as much as I love Autumn the first chills we felt this week in the mornings hit me a little hard lol. I wished for some warmer weather again. Just a little more. And then I'm ready for Autumn. And we will get it this weekend. Lots of outdoor stuff for me with errands and maybe a trip to the mall. I also am going to try my hands at baking cookies for work (wish me luck). What are your plans for the Final Weekend of Summer? Tell the Hang Out because summer is running out!

It's always slightly sad for me to see summer go but with Autumn starting it's hard for me to shed tears over. I'm hoping to enjoy this weekend and hope you all will too. Have a great Final Weekend of Summer!​

Rich, Minta and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  9. Edge612

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
    Happy Last Day of Summer! We now are in the final day of summer. Sad to see it go or happy? You may be a little of both. But let's bid farewell to summer for the final time in 2019 before it is gone for good!

Happy Last Day of Summer! I have to tell you that this is always a little tough for me because I do genuinely love summer. It just brings back great memories from childhood and although I get tired of the very hot/humid weather we experience usually in Mid-Summer once we get to later summer I start to feel the difference and it's not as bad. I almost find myself enjoying the warmth now knowing that soon I won't have as much warm weather to enjoy. It's a special time of year even if you're not a big fan. The longer, lighter, warmer days and the people going on vacations. The kids having off from school for 10 weeks. The pools and beaches. The cold drinks like lemonade. Baseball Season. Fireworks. So many great things about summer but it really has wound down now to the final day officially. I'll miss it but not too much because my favorite season starts tomorrow: Autumn. And that will bring us everything from the Halloween Season through Thanksgiving through the Christmas Season leading us up to the final days before the Dynamic Duo. Say your farewell comments to summer here in the Hang Out today before it leaves us till Mid-Year 2020!

I will miss summer but not for long because too many great things are coming now. I'm a guy who lives for October and that starts just 1 week from Tuesday. Have a great Last Day of Summer!​

Rich and Minta like this.
  10. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Yep. We better get serious. Bam's birthday, time to start looking at Halloween costumes, taking in some of the fall activities....going to Corn Maze, hay rides, etc. We have about another month before the big run up to Halloween....it is coming!

sugarmuffin25, Rich, Edge612 and 2 others like this.
  11. ballcoach

You know....the thing I love so much about summer is Saturday afternoons. Every Saturday, we cook on the grill and let the girls play on the waterslide. I just love it. Those are my favorite days....

sugarmuffin25, Rich, Edge612 and 2 others like this.
  12. ballcoach

Summer is leaving on the calendar, but not on the thermometer. We are going to be in the upper 80's today and tomorrow, but Tuesday through Sunday is looking like 95+. I'm so ready for cool morning, bonfire nights, and with smores and coffee.

Hopefully, we will get to start these within the next month. I love to do at least one or two before Halloween.

13. Minta

Loved the chilly temps we had last week, one morning you could even see your breath. Miss them already. Temps were pushing 90 yesterday with a repeat today .. way to warm. At least it cooled nicely in the evening/night.

14. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

As much as i love summer...I am ready for fall! Looking forward to some cooler days and fall fun!

15. Edge612

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
    Happy Autumn Arrives! It's officially Autumn but it won't feel like it this week here. We will see above average temperatures pretty much through next weekend. I'll take it for now knowing what's to come!

Happy Autumn Arrives! The best season of the 4 (by far) is here. Think about it. This will be the season that encompasses the majority of the Bers, the Halloween Season, Halloween itself, November, Thanksgiving, the Christmas Season all the way up till a few days before Christmas Day. That is the majority of what we love. And it takes it all in. That's why Autumn is the best. The weather here will still feel more like late summer through next weekend. It will be above average for the most part and that's ok. Because I know the warmer days are really dwindling now and they don't feel as hot as they did in the summer. They feel more comfortable now. The calendar doesn't lie. Autumn really is here. It's arrived. And it's here to stay all the way up till (almost) Christmas. That sure makes me smile. To think we won't change seasons again until we're on the verge of Christmas is amazing. I love it. Happy Autumn Everyone. How do you feel about this season compared to the other 3? Tell the Hang Out today!

When Winter, Spring and Summer arrive we like the change of seasons but when Autumn Arrives it's so much more special. This is the "1" of the 4 seasons that we all love the most at MMC. Have a great Autumn Arrives Monday!​

sugarmuffin25, Minta and Rich like this.
  16. Rich

Rich Fruit Cake Baker MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

There are two houses fully decorated for Halloween in our neighborhood. My wife thinks it's too soon. I love it!!!

Edge612, sugarmuffin25 and Minta like this.
  17. Rich

Rich Fruit Cake Baker MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Fall is the best. Activities galore. So many things to do, we have to limit ourselves. I'll never be bored in the Fall.

Edge612, ballcoach and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  18. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Just spotted full-on Halloween yard decorations in one yard on my way to work. Someone there was really busy this weekend! Skeletons, tombstones, the works.

19. Minta

We had to turn the AC back on yesterday and will be on all day today too with a forecasted high of 91. I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature today is the 1st day of fall. Cold front suppose to move through later tonight and tomorrow is forecasted to be 80, still to warm for me for this time of the year.

Edge612, sugarmuffin25 and Rich like this.
  20. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member

I love making apple bread, apple sauce and apple pies during the winter months.