Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2020
    Happy February Stroll! Indeed we are strolling along through February. But when I think about the word "stroll" I think about one specific time of year that yes I do "love" as we continue to talk about the love we have for all different times of the year!

In honor of Valentine's Day we continue our talk about the love we have for different seasons by talking about summer today. Yes, I love summer. In fact, the last several years I get lost in summer a bit and almost don't want to leave it. I'm not sure why but I almost feel sad as it ends even though the Bers are just beginning when it ends and all the best stuff of the year is coming. But summer is a very unique and special time of year. You run your a/c and have warm summer nights. Hopefully lots of sunshine. Yes it gets humid and hot. But it's different. It's not hot and humid here for most months of the year so it's different. Usually I consider May through September as the 5 months that are mostly warm and/or hot. And I enjoy it because the other 7 months of the year not so much. Something about summer always makes me feel like a kid again too and I appreciate that feeling. It's hard to recreate all the magical fun of summer as a kid. Do you love summer? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

And even though some of us may not love the heat many of us do appreciate the longer days and it being lighter out longer. And of course those summer vacations! Have a great February Stroll!​

2. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I love summer too...less of a hectic schedule and more relaxing it seems. I love to sit out on our deck, enjoy the warm weather and trips to the beach.

Rich, Edge612 and Dudley like this.
  3. Rich

Rich Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

We love going to the beach in the summer also. We have several trips already planned. I'm looking forward to a wonderful summer.

SnowflakeMom, Edge612 and Dudley like this.
  4. Edge612

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2020
    Happy Dozen Days of February! Into (almost) the middle of the month now we continue talking about times of the year we "love" this Valentine's Week. And today we talk about 99% of our favorite season of the 4!

Autumn. Enough said. Do I even need to post about this? I think you all love Autumn more than the other 3 seasons (by far). No matter how many of you love spring, summer or winter 99% of you probably love Autumn more than all the other 3 seasons combined. Of course, winter has it's positives with Christmas Eve/Day in the beginning of it. Spring and summer do too which we talked about the last couple of days. But Autumn? It has everything. It has the leaves turning, cooler weather (but not too cold yet), apple picking, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving and much, much more. Autumn has football season and tons of fun autumn activities. Most of us crave Autumn all year. There is something very special about Autumn. There is a feeling it gives off which none of the other seasons can give us. And I love it. I love Autumn. What about you? Do any of the other 3 seasons even come close to Autumn for you or is Autumn #1 by far? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

Out of the 4 season for me it's easily #1 (Autumn). Spring, Summer, and Winter are all WELL behind it. I do enjoy spring and I like summer but neither can compete with Autumn as a whole. Have a great Dozen Days of February!​

Dudley likes this.
  5. Rich

fall_04.gif
    Autumn is #1 by far. Autumn has just as many if not more exciting things going on than the other three seasons combined. We decorate our house three times in Autumn (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). You just can't beat it!
    autumn_300_01.png

Edge612, SnowflakeMom and shrcpark like this.
  6. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We decorate for Autumn!!

Edge612 and Rich like this.
  7. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Having been born in mid-November, Autumn has ALWAYS been my favorite season!

Edge612, Dudley and Rich like this.
  8. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

Autumn is definitely my favorite season! The cool crisp air, all the different shades of red, orange and yellow. Pumpkins and apples everything and everywhere. The build up to Halloween, seeing the kids trick or treating, The build up to Thanksgiving and enjoying Thanksgiving with great food, family, friends and plenty of laughs. The build up to Christmas. Yup nothing better!

Edge612 likes this.
  9. Rich

Autumn 2019 (That's only about 5% of what we put out)
    D34_7369.JPG D34_7443.JPG

Edge612, Dudley and SnowflakeMom like this.
  10. SnowflakeMom

Edge612 and Rich like this.
  11. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Autumn is definitely my #1 too. The decorations are a bonus, but it definitely is the feeling that comes with the weather cooling off and the build up to the holidays.

SnowflakeMom, Rich and Edge612 like this.
  12. Edge612

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2020
    Happy February Teens. We're into the teens (of days) and the temps coming up tomorrow night might get down into the teens too. As we continue talking about our love for different times of year it's time to get away from "seasons" and talk about a 4 month stretch!

The Bers. It encompasses all of Autumn, but ALSO, late summer and early winter (which includes Christmas Eve & Day). The Bers has everything. It has football season, apple pie, Autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the Christmas Season. It has everything in it. As much as we enjoy the 8 previous months most of us here look at it like an 8 month road to a 4 month Bers. Being in the Bers feels different than being in the other 8 months of the year. The Bers feel more special as a whole. Every day seems a little more special and important. I know that some days may seem "normal" and days in September, at times, might still feel kind of ho hum to you but being that close to the big 3 holidays is special. And being in the Bers is special. And having football season on is special. And as a whole the Bers just feels different. It's ironic how those 4 months all end in BER but they do. And they're a very special time of the year for us. Bers fans thoughts on the Bers? Tell us today how much you love the Bers as a whole in the Hang Out!

I'm a Bers guy. Always have been and always will be. Over the years I've enjoyed some other months for sure but my heart and soul has always been in the Bers and always will be. Have a great February Teens!​

Dudley likes this.
  13. SnowflakeMom

Love the Bers too....after Labor Day it just hits me that we are into the best months of the year. Definitely that feeling of excitement of what is to come. I love seeing all the fall decorations in stores and on people's houses.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Edge612, Rich and Dudley like this.
  14. tbutler

tbutler Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Right after Labor Day is when I switch over to listening to holiday old time radio, starting with Halloween, of course. It’s exciting because we have entered the best time of the year filled with fun times with beloved family and friends.

Edge612, Rich and Dudley like this.
  15. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Do you ever listen to fall/winter OTR while running a Yule log on your TV or computer screen? Very "hygge"!

16. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Labor Day weekend is when the Fall decorations leave the shed and make their way into the house . . . with College football on the TV of course!

Edge612 and SnowflakeMom like this.
  17. Rich

Yep, you can't beat the Bers. Pumpkin spice everything! And we decorate the house for Fall on September 1st. Love it!!!

Edge612, SnowflakeMom and Dudley like this.
  18. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

We start decorating for fall about mid to end of Sept. To busy in the beginning of Sept with school starting and me still canning. We decorate for Halloween the first week of Oct and then for Thanksgiving Nov 1 or 2nd.

Edge612, Dudley, Rich and 1 other person like this.
  19. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Autumn most definitely!

Edge612 and Dudley like this.
  20. Edge612

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2020
    Happy Valentine's Day! Oh yeah our love continues today by talking about the one thing we all love more than anything else. I'm pretty sure we can narrow it down to one specific season when it comes to #1 for us!

The Christmas Season is the best time of year. I think everyone here would agree with that. After all, as much as we love Autumn, the Bers, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even some summer fans when it comes to #1 the holiday for most of us is Christmas. And really its the entire season which Crown has really zoned in on for us all year long. That's the best time of the year. It's the "most wonderful" time of the year right? That's how the song goes and it certainly is accurate. Having the Christmas Season around is just extra ultra special. Work feels different. The malls feel different. Everyone seems different. The weather gets different. Everything is special. And that's how we love it here. Of course, the long break leading up to it makes it extra special for as much as we love the Christmas Season it wouldn't mean the same if we had it several times a year. Everyone here agree the Christmas Season is still #1 when it comes to your "love" for any specific season? All the wrapping presents, Christmas shopping, Christmas music, food and family traditions? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

The Christmas Season is still #1. It proves it time and time again and this year I will make sure I do not forget that. Keep everything in perspective. That's what I'm saying. Have a great Valentine's Day!​

SnowflakeMom likes this.