Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I love the shopping for other people, although I do most online but I do like to go to the mall during the season to see the decorations and just get the feel of it all. Family, music and traditions is definitely the best part of it all!

Edge612 and DecemberisComing like this.
  2. Rich

Rich Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

The Christmas season is absolutely the best part of the Bers. I especially like the decorations, the songs, the traditions, the love, and the giving.

Edge612 and DecemberisComing like this.
  3. tbutler

tbutler Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I have never done that. Most of my OTR listening is in the car to and from work. I’ll give your suggestion a shot during the upcoming holiday season. And I’ll think I’ll take the liberty of adding an adult beverage.....

Edge612, DecemberisComing and Rich like this.
  4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

How could I have forgotten to add "...and a beverage of your choice"? Sounds perfect!

Edge612, DecemberisComing and tbutler like this.
  5. ponytramp

ponytramp Mistletoeologist Merry Forums Member

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
    -smooch-

Rich, Edge612 and DecemberisComing like this.
  6. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2020
    Happy Middle Day of February! 14 days behind us and 14 days ahead of us this month with the "29th" being a special extra day due to leap year. Today we're going to talk about something a little different!

With today being the middle of another month I thought of an idea to talk about something I don't think we ever talked about here. Looking back vs. Looking ahead. This is what I mean. I am a looking ahead type of person. I always try to get excited for what's coming next. I don't look back a lot but the last few years I've found myself in January/February looking back to the Christmas Season. There is a part of me that doesn't want to "let it go." And it's become my way to make it through the winter by holding on to the memories and thoughts I have from the past Christmas Season. And that's what I've been doing the last 7 weeks. I've been keeping Christmas in me. I've been thinking about it more. And although I look ahead for Christmas Season 2020 I still hold on to Christmas Season 2019. And I don't plan to fully let go until March 1. That's become my thing. Do you look back a lot or do you mostly look ahead when it comes to holidays? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

Another weekend is here so I hope everyone is ready to enjoy it. We are moving ahead through the 2nd half of winter pretty steadily. The day of hope is only 15 days away. Have a great Middle Day of February!​

Minta and DecemberisComing like this.
  7. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I love summer. Love it. I just want to be outside. I can't stand being forced to stay indoors. I would stay outside 24 hours a day if the weather/bugs would allow. I get to stay outside more during summer than any other season. Yard work, washing cars, playing outside with girls....fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun.
    while I love summer, the fall is my favorite time of year. It has cooled off, the firepit Friday nights are fun because the mosquitoes are gone, and the air is crisp with the upcoming season. I just love feeling that cool wind in the air...the smell of fall...

Goodness.

I love the Bers. I love the weather, the activities, the football Friday nights (and Saturday and Sunday), hunting, Thanksgiving....man, these months are what keep me going! The best...

One of my favorite moments during the season is turning on that first Christmas song....White Christmas. After a strict "no Christmas music until November" rule (which I insist on), hearing that opening to the song....hearing his voice...just opens my heart to what is coming. Magical.

Minta, Edge612 and DecemberisComing like this.
  8. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

My looking back these days involves looking waaaaay back to the Christmases of my childhood.

9. Edge612

Great job of summing it up coach.

Minta and Rich like this.
  10. Rich

I do not look back very often. Mostly due to poor memory. I'm looking forward to the next experience. Whether it is Christmas, or Thanksgiving, or even spring. What can I do next? How can I make it more enjoyable for Michelle and myself? Christmas 2020 excites more than Christmas 2019.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  11. Edge612

I agree it's more exciting to look ahead than back, however, I have found that you can learn a lot if you look back to remember/realize what was really special and what you want to make better.
    Pretty much till the end of February I look back sometimes and then after that it's only ahead once spring approaches.

Minta and Rich like this.
  12. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I enjoy reflecting on the highs and lows and planning ways to optimize/minimize each in the future. Spontaneity is not my strong suit and I think using the past to guide my future allows me to be the best version of myself.

13. Edge612

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2020
    Happy President's Day Weekend! It's President's Day tomorrow so I figured today we'd talk about the weekend that is President's Day. I know some of you have off for it. Let's discuss holiday weekend plans!

Happy President's Day Weekend! Anyone off tomorrow? I'm not. I did take MLK day off but my company doesn't give us holidays like President's Day. That's ok though as I have a nice 5 day vacation planned in Mid-March (Wednesday through Sunday). That will be a nice break for me and I look forward to it. Until then I'm just going to work and keeping busy through the 2nd half of winter. Nothing special planned for me but I may take a trip to the mall today. I've been trying to make at least 1 per month and enjoying doing so. It kind of just is fun to be there when it's not the holidays and yet remember when it IS the holidays how extra special it is. But other than that nothing too special planned for the holiday since I'm working. Maybe your holiday weekend plans are more exciting than mine going to the mall? I'm looking for someone to tell me they're off tomorrow and to tell me something fun they're doing for the holiday. If that's you tell us today in the Hang Out!

Anyone who is off on Monday I hope you enjoy it. We'll be here because in the Hang Out there are no holidays (we post 365 days...this year 366 days). Actually, in the Hang Out EVERY DAY is a holiday if you think about it. Have a great President's Day Weekend!​

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  14. ballcoach

I'm lucky enough to be off tomorrow. Doc isn't. Nothing planned, just using Monday as Sunday as far as getting ready for the week...which means today will truly be a "day off."

15. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

I like to use this time to try new recipes that could be used for the upcoming holidays. I am also looking at and writing down ideas for homemade gifts that I can start working on over the summer when its hot to do anything outside.

16. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I'm off tomorrow (and needing it, after last week!), but Mr. isn't. Not sure if I'll just be lazy, or if I'll try out a cookie recipe I haven't made before.

17. Edge612

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2020
    Happy President's Day! Today is a holiday for some of us so enjoy it if you have the day off of work. And if not, that's ok. Let's talk about who we would nominate for President of different holidays that we love!

Happy President's Day! Thankfully there is no politics talk here on MMC. But that doesn't mean on this President's Day we can't have our own little fun here talking about who would be the "President" of our favorite holidays. Easter? I would think some of you will vote for the Easter Bunny for that one. 4th of July? I would say that you might vote for Uncle Sam for that. Halloween? Oh this is a tough one and one close to my heart. I love Halloween so much. I mean we could say Michael Myers is the President of Halloween. We could just throw all of the horror characters together and make them all be the "President" of Halloween. Thanksgiving? I guess we could just say turkeys are the "President" of Halloween. Christmas? I think we'd have to pick Santa for that one. Maybe Crown could get some votes too with the amazing job they do every year with the post of the countdown. Anyway, who do you vote for when it comes to who the "President" of any given holiday is? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

It's fun to talk about all of the holidays in one post which is a rare thing. I think it would be fun to see who would win for being nominated as the "Top person" aka "President" of holidays. Have a great President's Day!​

Dudley likes this.
  18. ballcoach

President of Valentine's Day- Doc. She is the queen of my heart.
    Pres. 4th July- Uncle Sam
    Pres. Halloween- Jason, VP- Freddy
    Pres. Thanksgiving- Doc. She is a turkey.
    Pres. of Christmas- Jeff Westover

Edge612, Dudley and Rich like this.
  19. Rich

OK, I'm going purely secular on these presidents:
    Groundhog Day: Punxsutawney Phil
    Easter: Easter Bunny
    4th of July: Uncle Sam
    Halloween: Jack O'lantern
    Thanksgiving: Tom Turkey
    Christmas: Santa

Edge612 and George Broderick Jr. like this.
  20. MerryCarey

A song I used on Kringle Radio last season: Santa Claus for President!