Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Decorating

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Harleygrandma, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Harleygrandma

Harleygrandma Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

Each year I love bringing the boxes of decorations, pulling each thing out, and reliving each memory. After 40 years of the same old decorations, each one brings a joy that only makes them new again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

Such a beautiful thing!! [emoji319]
    Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storeytime and sugar142286 like this.
  3. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

Yeah, I love seeing old decorations that the kids made in school when they were little. Or the picture ornament with my dear departed Labrador, Ben.

Good stuff!

4. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Such a great feeling!!! Enjoy!

I just love having the lights on at night...so cozy and comforting!

5. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor

I can truly relate to that feeling. I have some of my grandparents Christmas decorations that they had when I was a little boy.

I put them out, every Christmas and the memories take me back to the Christmas's I shared with them back in the 60's and early 70's.....Some of their decorations, go back into the 1950's.....:-D

6. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Have fun decorating!!!!

2 people like this.
  7. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Enjoy your time decorating!

I can relate, as DH and I have, have some decorations from our grandparents and parents and I also greatly enjoy seeing the things that the kids have made for us over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Storeytime and snowflake22 like this.
  8. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member MMC Partner

I love decorating as well :) I had to go on an 'angelic' rescue mission on Tuesday when the angel from my nativity scene fell down the back of the dresser it stands on!!! Took me an hour to find the angel and get it out - no more high flying allowed!!!!

2 people like this.
  9. Petronius

Petronius Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member

Decorating with heirloom decorations should be done with time and care. You would not want anything broken.

-lights--lights--lights--lights-

Dudley likes this.