Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Do you decorate for Valentine's day?

Discussion in 'Valentine's Day' started by made582, Jan 15, 2012.

1. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Does anyone here really go all out decorating for Valentine's day? I just put a small wooden sign on my door and that's it. There is a house on my way into Indy that decorates the front of their house with red and white lights. They have all white for Christmas and then add some red after Christmas.

2. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

No, not really.

I decorate with flowers and some Valentines candy at the table
    And maybe I'll bake som Valentines Cupcakes =)

4 people like this.
  3. whitney37354

whitney37354 Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer

I have a Valentine's Day yard flag & a "scrubber" holder at the kitchen sink that has hearts on it.

4 people like this.
  4. merrymistletoe

merrymistletoe MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

nah now that my kids are older i don't decorate for valentine's day.

4 people like this.
  5. Snow-in-Texas

Snow-in-Texas Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

Nothing here. My wife and I exchange something small, but her birthday being the day before, she gets a bit more. I usually try to take her out to dinner or something.

4 people like this.
  6. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

The long and the short of it.............no!

It's certainly not a big thing over here (despite the card manufacturers best efforts) but we never did even when I was home in Canada.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

No, not much fuss about it at our house. We don't wait for Valentine's Day to be nice to each other, so it's not a big holiday, although Mr. usually gets me a box of chocolates. When I see red and white lights outside in February, I just think of them as late/early Christmas lights!

5 people like this.
  8. MerryBells

MerryBells wants turkey! MMC Lifer

We do at work. The patients like it when we decorate for holidays.

7 people like this.
  9. shellie12

shellie12 North Pole Resident MMC Lifer

no over here we dont go mad about it
    the flower shops wood decorate the window and card shops wood decorate to and there be adverts on the tv
    Some hotels wood adveritise a special valentine dinner
    But its just another day in the work place

4 people like this.
  10. GingerMel

GingerMel Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer

If by decorate you mean leave my Christmas tree up until then...maybe this year! hah hah.

7 people like this.
  11. MsChristmas

MsChristmas MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I decorate but very little. I have a few decorations that sit around on hang on the wall. I do have a small valentine flag in my front yard and a light up heart in my window. I usually buy my Boys a card and maybe an ice cream or make cupcakes..something fun for them but not a big deal. My Hubby and I usually go out to dinner the weekend before or after and exchange a small gift.

4 people like this.
  12. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

I may have to take my shotgun and go shoot down some more mistletoe. Does it still work even if Christmas is gone? ;)

6 people like this.
  13. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Sounds like a good idea!!! A little Christmas that keeps giving throughout the whole year.....

:nice:

5 people like this.
  14. judesmama

judesmama ...and Noel's mama, too! MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

I have some wooden bead garland with little balls and hearts that I string on my hutch and around my window... and some hearts and cupid decals on my front window. And my year-round tree has some hearts on it now! I have snowmen up, too, so I try to tie them both together.

4 people like this.
  15. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

No, we don't even have any decorations for Valentine's Day, actually we don't even celebrate it anymore, not even cards. (sorry Hallmark) cheesy We get the boys a little something but we wait until Christmas and our birthdays for gifts for each other.

2 people like this.
  16. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

I have a beautiful wreath on my door for Valentines Day, but thats about all I will do. I picked it up at the Christmas Tree Shop the other day.

2 people like this.
  17. Lacim84

Lacim84 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I have a 4 1/2 foot tree in my dining room that's decorated for Valentine's day. And I usually put something on my front door. My kids are still pretty young so I do a little something for each holiday to make it fun for them. :)

1 person likes this.
  18. DoubleA

DoubleA Next in line to Mr. Claus MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I put up a red wreathe, a few past Valentine day keepsakes and red and white all over, its also my Moms bday so its nice to decorate a bit

1 person likes this.
  19. 'Tis the season

'Tis the season Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

No decorations for us. My wife and I exchange cards, small, pressies and go out for dinner at the weekend, but no decorations. Don't know of anyone over here who does decorate for V day except some stores.

1 person likes this.
  20. judesmama

judesmama ...and Noel's mama, too! MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

Well, you know I do! I don't go crazy but I leave my snowflakes and snowmen up and add some hearts, etc. I just made a paper chain (funny, I was the one making it and my 2 boys had no interest, ha!) and then I cut out some hearts for a garland... I added some sparkly heart garland to my snowflake tree (it's my year-round tree!) and sprinkled some glittery hearts to my snowy mantle... and I have some beaded red garlands with hearts and round beads.

2 people like this.