Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Do you have a Scrooge?

Discussion in 'Home & Family' started by Christmasplease, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

not Scrooge as such but my parents didnt enter into spirit of things after me and my sister were grown up even tho they had grandchildren , they couldnt see why on earth i get so excited about the festive period but hey ho everyone is entitled to keep Christmas in their own way , just dont try and rain on my parade where Christmas is concerned oh and by the way my festive period is from Jan 1st to Dec 31st :)

2. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Min
    Mine too!

Lynn68 and xmastidings like this.
  3. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My mom has been like this for the past few years, hates to put up a tree (which is a 4 foot tree that she leaves decorated and puts a sheet over it in the basement and then just carries it upstairs at Christmas time so I don't really count that as "putting up a tree" but whatever!), she doesn't send out cards anymore, hates wrapping gifts (but she always hated that) and doesn't do any baking anymore. I know she figures her kids are all grown and she goes to the grandkids houses to visit so what's the use? But, my husband and I have no children and Christmas is a huge deal in our house (mainly due to me, my husband doesn't care either way but he is great at humoring me and playing along!) Christmas is more than just for kids; it is a joy and spirit for any age to enjoy if you allow yourself the opportunity!

4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

You’re right, Christmas is for EVERYONE!
    Glad you’re here sugarmuffin25!

5. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

No scrooges, but my extended family gets into the swing too late...like December 1. That's way too late.

6. Christmasplease

Agreed!

Lynn68, missiechick and ballcoach like this.
  7. Kristian Jennings

Kristian Jennings Christmas Saint Merry Forums Member

No Scrooges in my family :) I do have a friend that does. My friend's mom once said that Christmas is a "meaningless" holiday so she doesn't really care.

Lynn68 likes this.
  8. Christmasplease

Oh nooo!

Lynn68 likes this.
  9. Kristian Jennings

Kristian Jennings Christmas Saint Merry Forums Member

I know, its just sad :(

Lynn68 likes this.
  10. Christmasplease

Well, my sister looked at me like I was crazy yesterday when I turned on A Christmas Prince

11. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Less than 2 weeks until Christmas on Hallmark!!! :tree:

Lynn68, missiechick and novelist like this.
  12. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I cannot wait until the Christmas movies start on Hallmark Channel

Lynn68 likes this.
  13. Christmasplease

-santa dance-

Lynn68 likes this.
  14. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I have an uncle who is not a fan of Christmas. He'd prefer family get together for a sandwich then go home.
    -grinch-

Lynn68 and missiechick like this.
  15. missiechick

missiechick Will Work for Coffee MMC Lifer

My husband. It's kind of lonely doing all the planning, decorating, and shopping all by myself. He helps get the tree and puts it up, but he couldn't care less about any of it. But, my daughter just turned 5 and she is my ultimate helper! We have a blast with Christmas and we will for years to come.

Lynn68 likes this.
  16. leah

leah Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I don't really think there's any Scrooge's per say, but people don't necessarily understand how I am so over the top into the season :D

Lynn68 likes this.
  17. Christmasplease

Well, I am the only real Christmas fanatic within my family, and amongst my friends! Thank goodness I have my MMC family!!!!!

ponytramp and Lynn68 like this.
  18. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

I don't really have a scrooge in my family, but my eldest sister prefers to have Christmas at one of her two children's houses so she doesn't have to put up and decorate a tree every year. She's the only one of my siblings that doesn't like decorating for Christmas for some reason.

19. Christmasplease

My sister can’t stand Christmas anymore.

Lynn68 likes this.
  20. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

Oh my gosh, that's horribly sad! I can't imagine hating Christmas!

Christmasplease likes this.