Doing the Snoppy dance

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
Today my oldest daughter invited hubby and I to her house for Thanksgiving. Hooray, I don't have to cook a big meal and do lots of dishes (she has a dishwasher). So I will take a covered dish but that's it. I will get to play with the baby and just relax. I'm so excited. It's not a long car ride, she lives fairly close by.

Though I do love to have my children and grandchildren at my homefor the holidays, this is a treat for me. Best part her husband and my husband won't sit and watch football, we don't have to listen to that all day. Yes, it looks like a nice Thanksgiving coming up, I'm already giving thanks.

I will not be so lucky for christmas dinner, I will most likely be in the kitchen preparing that meal but that's ok because I'm blessed.

*goes off humming and doing the Snoopy dance*

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
That's great. You will still get a great dinner while spending time with your love ones and not have all the hassles to go along with it.

I on the other hand am hosting Thanksgiving for the first time. :family:

Chillywilly

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 21, 2007
Northern California
I am very happy for you. You will have more energy for the Best Holiday of the year now "Christmas". So by having a break of Thanksgiving you can go all out for Christmas.
Ps. Enjoy the Grandbaby!cheesy

kidzrme

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 20, 2006
MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA.
There is nothing better than being with your loving family over the Holidays! :)

MrsH

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Sunny Florida
Hope you have a nice relaxing Thanksgiving.

We're having Thanksgiving at our house for the first "real" time. My parent's stopped in for Thansgiving one year when we lived in a one bedroom apartment. This will be the first time we're having a whole holiday in at our house. I'm excited and nervous.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Next thanksgiving, it'll be at my sister's when she gets a house...

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
my brother did the Snoopy dance and hurt his back on a patch of ice. He did the slide thing and didn't see the curb and he fell on the curb. He really doesn't do the Snoopy dance for food anymore.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
This is great! It's nice to be able to get a break from Holiday cooking and be able to relax and enjoy your grandchild.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image