Easter

Jõul

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Jun 2, 2008
Ornaclausmic Realms of the Sphere
Easter. It’s the time of year when the Babylonian goddess of sexual love and fertility (bunnies and eggs) is even mentioned from the pulpit. While there are pagan associations in every religious holiday, this one seems the most vulgar.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va

Wow!
Didnt see that one coming....

Easter. It’s the time of year when the Babylonian goddess of sexual love and fertility (bunnies and eggs) is even mentioned from the pulpit. While there are pagan associations in every religious holiday, this one seems the most vulgar.

Reactions: 1 person

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I remember getting Easter baskets filled and over flowing with candy when I was a kid. Our kids do get some candy but we fill their bakets with gifts too. In the past we have used DVDs, crayons, bubbles, nail polish and hair ties, bath toys, etc.
The Easter bunny hide the plastic eggs all over the living room and dinning room some filled $, some filled with candy. One year about 3 years ago the Easter Bunny decided to leave a trail of eggs starting in our daughters room and going down the hall, down the stairs to the living room. Well for what ever reason she woke up at 5 AM, saw the eggs and came running into our room screaming the Easter Bunny came!!!! Scared the daylights out of us! LOL! She would not go back to sleeo in her bed. We had to put her in bed with us til 7. Those were a long 2 hours. LOL!!! The Easter Bunny had never done again! It's funny now but it wasn't funny then!
Hubby dyes the eggs with the kids.

We have extended family over for a nice Ham dinner!

Reactions: 1 person

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
cheesy

While there are certainly pagan roots there, I like to look at like this:

There was a night club that had a bad reputation. I mean all kinds of bad things happened there. Well, this night club eventually was shut down and left a very nice empty structure (it kind of needed fixing up). A church group that had been congregating in the local high school gym decided they may just purchase the place. Well, all kinds of uproar was heard from some of the members. "We don't want to worship in such a place." and so on.

Eventually, it came to a vote and by a narrow margin it was decided to purchase the place. Now some years later, this church is still in the same place and now thriving.

So what am I trying to say: Originally it was thought of as a den of iniquity, but now has become a house of God. They put aside the bad and made something good.

That's kind of the way I feel about Easter. Yeah, there are pagan origins, but that has been cast aside to celebrate the resurrection of the Messiah.

To me, that's a good thing.

Jõul

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Jun 2, 2008
Ornaclausmic Realms of the Sphere
cheesy

While there are certainly pagan roots there, I like to look at like this:

There was a night club that had a bad reputation. I mean all kinds of bad things happened there. Well, this night club eventually was shut down and left a very nice empty structure (it kind of needed fixing up). A church group that had been congregating in the local high school gym decided they may just purchase the place. Well, all kinds of uproar was heard from some of the members. "We don't want to worship in such a place." and so on.

Eventually, it came to a vote and by a narrow margin it was decided to purchase the place. Now some years later, this church is still in the same place and now thriving.

So what am I trying to say: Originally it was thought of as a den of iniquity, but now has become a house of God. They put aside the bad and made something good.

That's kind of the way I feel about Easter. Yeah, there are pagan origins, but that has been cast aside to celebrate the resurrection of the Messiah.

To me, that's a good thing.
The point exactly! Well said! That church didn't keep any of the neon beer & whiskey signs, guns, knives, drugs, etc. from the nightclub and incorporate them into thier worship! "They put aside the bad and made something good."

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
I love this grass I put in the kids Baskets,Its made out of slivers of GUM! In a few colors,Yellow,Blue,Green and Pink. I make sure to put it in at the last minute.
I've got a few Things for their baskets already..

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
I am so excited about Easter!
I remember my mom would always make sure I had a beautiful new Easter and shoes.
The Easter bunny always brought me a hollow chocolate bunny and candy.
Then, somehow, the Easter eggs we colored the day before were hidden outside for me to go find. You do not know the bliss!
Easter was always loads of fun with a lot of church activities too.
My dad is a pastor so we always had something going on in that area.

Now that I have my own kids, we always color Easter eggs.
We find egg hunts to go to.
We have loads of fun!!!

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
I love Easter. I have so many happy memories of easter as a kid. Today I put away my St Patrick's decorations, and put out easter. I have so many decorations. It makes me feel so good to hav them out. it just reminds me that spring is around the corner, and the weather is warming up. it's been a long winter, and I'll be glad to see it go!

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
Yes,I agree it has been a long winter.I bought a few easter things a few days ago at the christmas tree shops here in mass.I got some egg lights,and 4 pastel egg shaped pillows! they are wicked cute! look great on the couch.I got all the kids candy,a game each for their ds and I'll get them a few more things like,bubbles,jump rope,chalk thats 3d,side walk paint,and a few fun things for spring.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
Easter is April 4th this year. The Winter is not nearly over and Im so ready for Spring. We had snow this past weekend, snow last night and they are calling for a HUGE storm this weekend (which is probably going to cancel my son Evan's 3rd Birthday party)..then possibly another storm next Tuesday! I love Easter and really wish it was closer!

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
I'm absolutely giddy for Easter, but I'm worried how we're going to handle it with our new sugar concerns. I was thinking lots of real hard boiled eggs then paper mache eggs filled with these bunny shaped cheddar crackers around here, trail mix, and the graham cinnamon bunnies (a little sugar is fine), also some of the mini cheese wheels. I guess we need to rethink Easter supper, too, but no need to change the Easter outfit tradition at all! I even get a new hat.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
We are hosting Easter dinner for the first time in 6 years this year. We volunteered due to the fact my mother-in-law is having trouble with her feet.
I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for side dishes, I am trying to change it up from the side dishes from Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

We are doing a Ham and Turkey with the usual mashed potatoes green bean casserole homemade cranberry sauce so far.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you.

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I am ready for Spring, and for Easter. I started to buy Easter basket items, and boy oh boy do the cost of those along with the food, drinks, eggs, and such add up. :(

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
We are hosting Easter dinner for the first time in 6 years this year. We volunteered due to the fact my mother-in-law is having trouble with her feet.
I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for side dishes, I am trying to change it up from the side dishes from Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

We are doing a Ham and Turkey with the usual mashed potatoes green bean casserole homemade cranberry sauce so far.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you.

Stuffed mushrooms, spinach wraps, and baked potato bar.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image