Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Famous and/or Favorite Quotes...

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by CharlestonNole, Mar 13, 2009.

1. SW1Dennis

SW1Dennis Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer

:sparkle:

"Writers used to make such wonderful pictures without all that swearing, all that cursing. And now it seems that you can't say three words without cursing. And I don't think that's right."

Ernest Borgnine

(He was so right on this one!!)

2. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor

3. George Broderick, Jr.

George Broderick, Jr. Guest

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns" -- George Eliot

Happy first day of Autumn!

4. xmastidings

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, let your heart be light. / Next year all our troubles will be out of sight. / Have yourself a merry little Christmas, make the yule time gay / Next year all our troubles will be miles away. / Once again as in olden days, happy golden days of yore / Faithful friends who are dear to us, will be near to us once more. / Someday soon we all will be together, if the fates allow / Until then we'll have to muddle through somehow. / So have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

- From the movie; "Meet Me in St. Louis" - Judy Garland as Esther Smith

5. SW1Dennis

I give credit to this quote from a former neighbor of mine when we lived in Iowa....

"A padlock serves two purposes. It keeps an honest man honest and it keeps thieves out."

6. George Broderick, Jr.

"It's like the Grand Canyon. It's there. There's nothing you can do about it. You HAVE to drive around." -- Me (on any number of occasions when I worked retail and was faced with some 'new' ridiculous store policy)

7. xmastidings

The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear? - The Grinch

8. George Broderick, Jr.

"Ho Ho Ho!" -- guess who...

9. xmastidings

"I'm doomed. One little slip like that could cause the Great Pumpkin to pass you by. Oh, Great Pumpkin, where are you?" - Linus Van pelt

10. redkaga

redkaga Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad. -Salvador Dali

11. George Broderick, Jr.

"Loose lips sink ships" -- WWII poster

12. vsuclaribnl

vsuclaribnl MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

"Marriage is when a man looses his bachelors degree and woman gets her masters degree." =)

13. xmastidings

Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal. - Sandra Lee

14. lauriebear

lauriebear Christmas Royalty Merry Forums Member

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. ~Galileo

15. George Broderick, Jr.

"IDK... my BFF, Rose..." -- old woman in AT&T commercial

16. SW1Dennis

"K-mart sucks"

Dustin Hoffman as Raymond Babbit from the
    movie Rain Man.

17. George Broderick, Jr.

"I got a rock." -- Charlie Brown

18. xmastidings

"Yabba Dabba Doo!" - Fred Flintstone

19. George Broderick, Jr.

"Why don't you speak for yourself, John?" -- Pricilla Mullens (to John Alden)

20. sgrover

sgrover MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

"You'll shoot your eye out" - everyone but Ralphie in "A Christmas Story"