Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Favorite Fun Christmas Movie of the 80s!

Discussion in 'Retro' started by rodmonster, Jul 22, 2010.

Which is your Favorite Fun Christmas Movie of the 80s?

1. A Christmas Carol (1984): George C. Scott

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. The Night They Saved Christmas (1984)

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Santa Claus - The Movie (1985)

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Babes in Toyland (1986)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. A Christmas Vacation (1989)

25 vote(s)
    34.7%
  7. A Christmas Story (1983)

24 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Scrooged (1988)

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. YellowSnow

YellowSnow Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

There are a lot of great movies in this category; but, I voted for A Christmas Vacation. It's one of my favorite christmas movies, period. So I have to vote for it here.

YS

2. Kimothy

Kimothy MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

That part actually scared the crap outta me when I was a kid! :lol:

And how could you not love Dudley Moore as Patch? cheesy

2 people like this.
  3. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew ATC Alum

Heheheh!!! I can see that as being a little scary and your right Mr. Moore was wonderful in his job. BTW have you ever listened to the commentary it was well done on the DVD.

1 person likes this.
  4. One Spoiled Brat

One Spoiled Brat Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member

A Christmas Story.....I love it.....:hello:

5. YellowSnow

YellowSnow Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

I haven't seen that one. It sounds really cool! I think I'll keep an eye out for that one this year.

Thanks!
    YS

2 people like this.
  6. Kimothy

Kimothy MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I have the DVD but no I haven't. I'll have to try and remember that for next time--thanks! cheesy

2 people like this.
  7. UnchosenFragmnts

UnchosenFragmnts MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Never heard of this but it sounds WONDERFUL: Definately will try to look this up at the video store. Thanks alot. Always looking for new Christmas movies to experience.

1 person likes this.
  8. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew ATC Alum

This has not been on TV in a few years. I happen to come across a VHS tape on Ebay a few years ago and then copied it to dvd so i always have it.

1 person likes this.
  9. UnchosenFragmnts

UnchosenFragmnts MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I was able to get ahold of It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and I plan on watching it after all of the football dies down today. Can't wait!

1 person likes this.
  10. kidzrme

kidzrme MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

My favorite is Christmas Vacation by far.......HYSTERICAL!!!!

11. gabulldawg

gabulldawg MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Although I love Christmas story,I voted Christmas vacation simply because of chevy chase..it is hysterical and we all can identify with the relatives at christmas.:)

12. KWasser

KWasser Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

Okay, I'm sorry, but I totally came into this thread expecting to find the original "Lethal Weapon" as a choice here. I think Christmas, even though it was just a backdrop for the film, was important for the themes of that movie.

And hey, wasn't Die Hard set around Christmas as well?

As for the choices listed, I'll go with "Scrooged". Bill Murray's great in just about any film! cheesy

1 person likes this.
  13. rodmonster

rodmonster Santa's Personal Trainer MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

other

they are listed in the other Christmas movie poll....(80s action and drama).......

1 person likes this.
  14. kelly ann

kelly ann Christmasologist Merry Forums Member

Santa Claus The Movie for me :)

1 person likes this.
  15. hutz13

hutz13 Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I've watched Christmas Vacation so many times I've pretty much got it memorized, I'll watch it again this year though.

16. MrsEd

MrsEd Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

For me it has to be Scrooged, I can't count how many times I have seen it. I must admit I also love "A Christmas Story" but I didn't discover this one till the 90's!

1 person likes this.
  17. Santa's Helper

Santa's Helper MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Tough choice between Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation but I gave my vote to Christmas Story. I love them both though.

1 person likes this.
  18. jennifer91

jennifer91 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I voted for A Christmas Story. I never get tired of it, and that movie just screams "Christmas" to me. Although Christmas Vacation is super entertaining, it just doesn't top it to me. I love ALL Christmas movies, though. I can't wait to watch them!

1 person likes this.
  19. ScottCalvin

ScottCalvin Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer

Arrghhh this is so unfair

I chose a Christmas StoryVacationsantaclausethemovescrooged.

No, ok A Christmas story followed by Christmas Vacation

1 person likes this.
  20. Giles

Giles Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

I chose "Christmas Story" but I'm really a fan of all of those. One I didn't see listed (and perhaps it's in another thread) is Scrooge the Musical with Albert Finney. It isn't Christmas unless I see that movie.

1 person likes this.