Football and Thanksgiving-Do you love it or hate it?

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I can see your point, if he is the only one that likes football. He shouldn't neglect the guests and family to watch football.

One thing I found since moving to Texas, Dallas Cowboys football is a religion. In our situation, I think it would actually be rude NOT to have the game on.cheesy

No joke, seems to be that way here! Lol... We have it on but never neglecting family. We still mingle with family while it's on.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
LOVE IT!!!!! Tony takes the kids to the local highsschool football games Thanksgiving morning while I work on the food.
Football games are on TV during the afternoon.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Yup!

I live in Virginia now but am from Louisiana (but also grew up in Tn, Ok, and Tx).....
It is MAJOR RUDE not to watch - and in our family not to play football on Thanksgiving..
Heck my wife and 6 year old daughter are louder than me at the games!

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!

I can see your point, if he is the only one that likes football. He shouldn't neglect the guests and family to watch football.

One thing I found since moving to Texas, Dallas Cowboys football is a religion. In our situation, I think it would actually be rude NOT to have the game on.cheesy

ShihtzuBeauty

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Oct 26, 2009
IL
Sorry hate it but I'm soo busy or visiting I don't care hubby LOVES it. :) He says Go Bears!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
My spouse got a kick out of your response. She is the household's resident 'boys fan. I got her a Dallas blanket for our wedding anniversary, this month. She, & the cat, love it.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
My sincere condolences to your spouse on Sunday's disaster at the Bengals.

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
We're not real football fans but I like the nostalgia it evokes.. it reminds me of being a kid! We always watch the parade and the game is on in the background adn the men are watching while the women cook. It's nice!

UnchosenFragmnts

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 19, 2006
It's defenitely on at our house. It's a good way to determine where everyone is going to be eating at our house as the family is so big that one table cant even hold 1/4 of the people eating.

Twinklelights

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 9, 2009
We've never watched football on Thanksgiving...I don't think anyone in our family is a huge football fan, although we do throw a huge superbowl party every year.

GingerMel

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 1, 2006
Clinton, CT
I am super happy that my husband is not a sports fan. I can't stand to watch football ever and especially not on Thanksgiving!!!

My mom has gotten all super into the Titans though so over the last few years I've had to become more tolerant to it. She's even gone to games on the holidays sometimes! I think they're not doing very well this year though so maybe we won't have to suffer through football. hah hah.

Sorry guys!

act_as_if

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 20, 2007
Orion, Illinois
Not a huge football fan here, I prefer hockey. But everyone of the male variety in my family loves football. But, I have to say Thanksgiving would not be the same without it.

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I dislike it. I am not a football person, and after our meal when the t.v. gets turned on to watch football, I do not look forward to it, and neither does the kids.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
wow...

wow.....
thats just sad........on so many levels....
:cry:

I dislike it. I am not a football person, and after our meal when the t.v. gets turned on to watch football, I do not look forward to it, and neither does the kids.

CJ498

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Member
Oct 16, 2009
East Coast USA
I am a big football fan, and I can not imagine Thanksgiving without watching football and trying to stay awake through the game after an overdose of
tryptophan from too much Turkey cheesy

Mark Nash

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Jan 11, 2010
Seattle, WA
Who all here feel that Thanksgiving would not be the same without football? Some love football and some hate it. Would love to hear from both because I am curious how everyone feels.

I LOVE IT! It has been a tradition of mine to watch the Dallas Cowboys play on Thanksgiving Day. I do not feel it's Thanksgiving without football and I am a die hard Cowboys fan. I have been to 2 Cowboys games on Thanksgiving Day and got to see the John Madden turkey, I sure am going to miss Madden. The first one I went to is when Tom Landry was coach and the second one was when Jimmy Johnson was coach.

My Thanksgiving Day starts out with the parade, then company over for lunch, football then Christmas movies! What an awesome day!

I'm a Lions fan and just happy that they are still allowed to be on Thanksgiving as horrible as they have been. I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving 2010, I can smell that turkey already!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I could do without football on Thanksgiving, mainly because I think they should put different teams on. (sorry Cowboys and Lions fans) I could probably get into it more if they changed it up. What I truly hate is when football is on Christmas eve or Christmas day, my family (in-laws) watches it and that ends the Christmas movies or music because the game is on.:carve:

Snow-in-Texas

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
I could do without football on Thanksgiving, mainly because I think they should put different teams on. (sorry Cowboys and Lions fans) I could probably get into it more if they changed it up. What I truly hate is when football is on Christmas eve or Christmas day, my family (in-laws) watches it and that ends the Christmas movies or music because the game is on.:carve:

I heard that they are thinking about changing the teams every year that play on Thanksgiving. Don't know if or when they will do that though.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image