For those with no ...

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
If you do not have a wife, husband, girl friend, boy friend etc, what can you do on valentines day?

How about...

sending flowers to your mom? Your neighbour who is a single mom, or a widow and also has no one.

Take a box of chocolates over to your local police / fire station with a note telling them how much you appreciate them.

Donate a few dozen special cupcakes at your homeless shelter / food bank or soup kitchen. Everyone needs a special treat and needs to know someone cares.

Any one else have some nice ways to show love on valentines day?cheesy

Reactions: 3 people

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I guess I am the only one alone here..... I plan to be this way for the rest of my life. (unless of course the Lord has other plans) But, I am content, love my life and the people in it.
I just thought maybe there were some more singles here that would like to brain storm ideas.

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
There are lots of folks in Nursing Homes that would appreciate a visit on Valentine's Day. I'm sure a small gift, such as some slippers or a wrap-around for their shoulders, would be acceptable, too.

Reactions: 1 person

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
I think those are all great ideas. I'd never thought about it. I've been with DH since I was 15, so I didn't have many Valentine's Days without a sweetie. If I were alone now, I'd still give a gift to DD. My grandmother sometimes bought us a little something on Valentine's Day after my grandfather died.

shellie12

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
in Co derry .northern ireland town called maghera
hi i think valentines day is nice. but at the same time i think it puts you under pressure to do something.
I think that someone can do something any time and anyday for someone they love.
Thay can cook. or book a meal or buy flowers or chocolate at any given time if they want.
Like if there was no such thing as the 14th feb wood the flowers and meal things happen.
It seems like its put on you . but i know i do feel as if i have to. as my mates are doing it and it in my face no matter where i go
My partner and i do not do a lot. i have always told him not to go mad. as its nicer to go out for a meal on a different night as on the 14th places are crowded and you do not get the same food or attention. but he always buys something nice. but then he is the kind of person that buys things (small things like bars of choc or creme eggs everyday for me )

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
hi i think valentines day is nice. but at the same time i think it puts you under pressure to do something.
I think that someone can do something any time and anyday for someone they love.
Thay can cook. or book a meal or buy flowers or chocolate at any given time if they want.
Like if there was no such thing as the 14th feb wood the flowers and meal things happen.
It seems like its put on you . but i know i do feel as if i have to. as my mates are doing it and it in my face no matter where i go
My partner and i do not do a lot. i have always told him not to go mad. as its nicer to go out for a meal on a different night as on the 14th places are crowded and you do not get the same food or attention. but he always buys something nice. but then he is the kind of person that buys things (small things like bars of choc or creme eggs everyday for me )
you could say the same thing about any holiday. Christmas is a great example of putting people under pressure to do something. If there was not Christmas would we still have big turkey dinners, Christmas trees, lights up or give to the needy?
Yes we can show love anytime of the year, and should. But it is always nice to have a special day of fun set aside. Like any holiday you put as much into it as you want!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image