Hallmark Original Movie: An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
Set to premiere on Nov 22nd on Hallmark Channel.

from the Hallmark Channel-

"An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving" is the story of a young woman searching for her true path amidst a holiday season of desicions and discoveries and is based on an 1881 short story by American author and poet, Louisa May Alcott.

Disturbed by the financial strains her family has endured following the death of her father, 17 year old Tilly (Tatiana Maslany), a headstrong young woman, with a keen intellect, writes a letter to her grandmother Isabella Caldwell (Jacqueline Bisset), whom she has never met. In fact, Tilly's mother Mary (Helene Joy), has rarely spoken of her. In the letter to Isabella, Tilly pretends to be Mary, and begs for financial assistance. Mary is soon shocked to come face-to-face with her estranged, high society mother from New York. Isabella recounts the letter, which Mary immediately realizes has been written wholly out of Tilly's imagination and concern for the family.

The family reunion is far from ideal, as Mary has long resented the lack of love and moral support she received from her mother, and Isabella has not forgiven Mary for abandoning her life of privilege to marry her "vagrant" husband years earlier.

In the midst of this family drama, Tilly is torn among love and duty to her mother and siblings, a deepening romance with her boyfriend, Gad (Kristopher Turner), and the wonderfully textured life offered by her wealthy, wise grandmother. Perhaps Tilly won't have to choose. She can have it all.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That's great. You don't see too many Thanksgiving movies!

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
Sounds like a wonderful movie, I plan on watching.

Is it on the Hallmark Channel or the Hallmark Movie Channel?

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Sounds like a great movie. Will have to mark my calendar.

LEALEA0299

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Morristown,Tn
Thanksgiving Movie

Set to premiere on Nov 22nd on Hallmark Channel.

from the Hallmark Channel-

"An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving" is the story of a young woman searching for her true path amidst a holiday season of desicions and discoveries and is based on an 1881 short story by American author and poet, Louisa May Alcott.

Disturbed by the financial strains her family has endured following the death of her father, 17 year old Tilly (Tatiana Maslany), a headstrong young woman, with a keen intellect, writes a letter to her grandmother Isabella Caldwell (Jacqueline Bisset), whom she has never met. In fact, Tilly's mother Mary (Helene Joy), has rarely spoken of her. In the letter to Isabella, Tilly pretends to be Mary, and begs for financial assistance. Mary is soon shocked to come face-to-face with her estranged, high society mother from New York. Isabella recounts the letter, which Mary immediately realizes has been written wholly out of Tilly's imagination and concern for the family.

The family reunion is far from ideal, as Mary has long resented the lack of love and moral support she received from her mother, and Isabella has not forgiven Mary for abandoning her life of privilege to marry her "vagrant" husband years earlier.

In the midst of this family drama, Tilly is torn among love and duty to her mother and siblings, a deepening romance with her boyfriend, Gad (Kristopher Turner), and the wonderfully textured life offered by her wealthy, wise grandmother. Perhaps Tilly won't have to choose. She can have it all.
Thanks! this sounds great...I love holiday moives. I hadn't heard of it.:treeguy:

Reactions: 1 person

starflake

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Jul 13, 2008
It's rare to see a Thanksgiving-centric film, and I tend to enjoy Hallmark romantic and holiday films. I look forward to seeing this one.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image