Halloween Countdown--2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Hello, Just wanted to say Happy Halloween a day early to everyone here! The month has been a fun one, but it is true September and October have gone way to fast. The weather here has finally turned to real Fall. I think all the surprising warmth we had kinda made Halloween sneak up on me this year.
Agreed. This has been the warmest October on record for my area. It didn't feel too much like Halloween this month so it felt like we still had extra time to go. But it's ok because just in time for Halloween we got a chilly day out there today...good and dry for the kids.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Halloween Everyone! Hard to believe our year long journey ends today...but I hope you all have an awesome Halloween. This is what we wait all year for! Have some candy, watch some shows and enjoy! And don't be sad when it ends...we have the big holiday season ahead of us...and we'll be back on the road to Halloween 2018.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Happy Halloween Everyone!

The watchathon continues...Real Story of Halloween on History Channel to start the morning, then some more movies.

There's so much content that comes on every Halloween day that sometimes it takes me another day or two to get around to watching it all.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Halloween Everyone!

The watchathon continues...Real Story of Halloween on History Channel to start the morning, then some more movies.

There's so much content that comes on every Halloween day that sometimes it takes me another day or two to get around to watching it all.
I wanted to see "Real Story of Halloween" again, but it wasn't offered "on demand" this year, and I couldn't find it for streaming, either. But plenty of other good stuff out there!

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont
Happy Halloween Everyone! Hard to believe our year long journey ends today...but I hope you all have an awesome Halloween. This is what we wait all year for! Have some candy, watch some shows and enjoy! And don't be sad when it ends...we have the big holiday season ahead of us...and we'll be back on the road to Halloween 2018.
Yes, that's right! The one thing that picks me up after Halloween ends is the fact the Christmas season comes right behind it. The awesome thing is once that comes to an end and we come out on the other side of January 2018, is that we will already be over 1/4 back around to the Fall/Halloween season again. That is a pretty big early chunk we always get for free.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Yes, that's right! The one thing that picks me up after Halloween ends is the fact the Christmas season comes right behind it. The awesome thing is once that comes to an end and we come out on the other side of January 2018, is that we will already be over 1/4 back around to the Fall/Halloween season again. That is a pretty big early chunk we always get for free.
Absolutely. I have some Halloween random thoughts tonight to post...hope not to bore anyone but curious what my fellow Halloweenites think about it.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
FINAL 2017 HALLOWEEN THOUGHTS:

1.) Every year it happens but I relearned my appreciation and love for Halloween these last 2 months. Most wouldn't understand but I know you guys will when I say this but I love September/October, in it's own way AS MUCH as I love November/December for Christmas.

2.) This year we had tacos for dinner. A good dinner but not really a special one. Often we wind up getting pizza. We didn't this year cause we were going to eat out tomorrow but we already declared next year for Halloween we need to go back to pizza...nothing beats pizza and candy on Halloween.

3.) I have too many Halloween shows to watch and there are several (maybe double digits even) that I haven't ever opened. My goal during the Halloween offseason is to go through each Halloween DVD at least 2 times...so that I can really figure out which ones are the best and absolutes to watch during September/October.

4.) I also relearned my appreciation for this thread, and for all of you guys who come here and love Halloween as much as I do. It's hard enough in the everyday world to be able to talk to people about Christmas during the year...but Halloween is even more difficult being a niche holiday. Thanks to everyone here.

5.) 2018 Halloween will be on a Wednesday...I prefer that over a Tuesday. Tuesday is always my least favorite day of the week for some reason. And I think it will be better on a Pines Day/Midweek.

6.) As Jason mentioned, the one thing about Halloween ending compared to any other holiday you can name during the year is that you have very little time to be sad...because almost everyone here LOVES what comes after Halloween ends. There is no other holiday that ends and you an immediately not be sad about it because the Christmas Season is right behind it.

7.) The Haunted Trail we did this year was so much fun and really put us in the Halloween spirit. We already said we will do it next year again.

8.) Halloween is a lot more than being October 31. It's really about the whole season. It's no different than Christmas in that way. We all try to get a good 2 months hardcore out of Christmas and we do the same for Halloween here. It's why I get SO excited when the Bers start...because to me that's when Halloween season begins and gives us 2 full months of it.

9.) To me, 4th of July starts the excitement for Halloween here. We all start thinking about it more and more...I noticed the last couple of years people here getting excited in July. It's nice to be able to get excited early for it.

10.) Not much left to say...just wanted to jot down my feeling as we wrap up Halloween Season 2017. Lots to look forward to in 2018. Hope to see you all there to talk about it all year long.

Last edited:

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Hey guys,
I hope each of you had a memorable Halloween season and day. Internet trouble kept me away but you all haunted my thoughts through out the day :D

It was our first Halloween in our new home and the new neighbourhood made it the best year for trick or treating yet ! Great atmosphere! We had a dry, crisp, misty evening and thankfully no down pours as predicted the day before. Perfect.

This year the refurbishments going on at home meant that I missed out on fully immersing myself into the season. I could not decorate fully and I did not get around to many of the shows on my watch list either. Next year, I plan on making up for it! Over all it was still a memorable day. We watched a night full of animated favourites and I made some nice Halloween themed dishes :)

Today we will carry on with some post Halloween celebrating as the kids are off school for the week. We will continue with shows and of course enjoy some candy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image