Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
Yea I've tried doing that before but I work overnights and I have the music choice app on my phone so as soon as it hit 12 am I put it on.

And yea for some reason they are always late when it comes to Christmas music. And idk if it just me but I don't know why they wait until November 2nd to play Christmas music. They use to start it on the 1st as soon as Halloween was over. Now they wait. They should change it back.

Reactions: Ryan

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
I simply set the DVR to catch concerts, special programming, and seasonal programming on the music channels we get on Dish. Sometimes I will record the change over to Christmas on some channels.

(Comes in real handy for Jimmy Buffett Concerts on Radio Margaritaville!)

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
And yea for some reason they are always late when it comes to Christmas music. And idk if it just me but I don't know why they wait until November 2nd to play Christmas music. They use to start it on the 1st as soon as Halloween was over. Now they wait. They should change it back.

I kind of like how they always run the seasonal music for a few days after a holiday actually happens. It's always one of the last things remaining that reminds me of the season that just passed and can keep you in the mood for it. I'm somebody who can't just end everything at once even after it's over. Especially when it comes to Halloween and Christmas. I've seen them run Christmas music until as late Jan 6/7, which I am really thankful for. For Halloween I usually keep it going for a few days after by re-watching some of the horror movies I have on DVR, keeping the decorations up and playing Halloween music, and attending Halloween Horror Nights which they often continue to run until the weekend after Halloween Day. I use the fact that it's Dia De Los Mertos until Nov 2 as my justification for that. So with the Music Choice Sounds of the Season it's often that one little reminder that in some capacity it is still being carried on somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: christmas87

Winter_Worlock

Cryo-Sorcerer
MMC Premiere
Nov 14, 2015
The Mountain of the Whispering Winds
I get why they keep it running until the 2nd, I have mixed feelings about it though. My parents actually introduced me to starting Christmas after midnight on Halloween. Not that we went all-out decorating or anything, but we always played one LP after trick-or-treat was done. For some reason, it just worked. It kind of makes me think of Disney's Fantasia, where at the end of the demon party (Night on Bald Mountain), the devil hears the bells at midnight and shrinks back into the landscape as "Ave Maria" starts up. Not literally a Christmas song (though its been used as one for long enough that it's cemented itself).

There's a similar reason that the Christmas music lasts until Jan 6 btw, the Feast of Epiphany. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Christmas

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
Yes there are reasons why they end it so late which I don't mind at all. Another reason why is for the three kings. When I was little I would celebrate the coming of the three kings. Starting alittle after Halloween makes sense now tho since there are other celebrations after Halloween that are acknowledged.

I get why they keep it running until the 2nd, I have mixed feelings about it though. My parents actually introduced me to starting Christmas after midnight on Halloween. Not that we went all-out decorating or anything, but we always played one LP after trick-or-treat was done. For some reason, it just worked. It kind of makes me think of Disney's Fantasia, where at the end of the demon party (Night on Bald Mountain), the devil hears the bells at midnight and shrinks back into the landscape as "Ave Maria" starts up. Not literally a Christmas song (though its been used as one for long enough that it's cemented itself).

There's a similar reason that the Christmas music lasts until Jan 6 btw, the Feast of Epiphany. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Christmas

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image