how do you decorate for halloween?

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
i keep al my regular fall stuff up but then add to that with cobwebs and creepy lights and my collection of spooky wind-up toys.

when i had a larger place the outside got all haunted house'd up! tombstones in the garden and ghosts in the trees.

do yall decorate?

xo

digbugsgirl

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Mar 17, 2006
Virginia
I have pumpkins on the front porch, but nothing else outside. I live on a farm, so nobody would see anything. Inside, though, I go all out. I don't like the gory stuff, though. I decorate with lots and lots of pumpkins, witches, ghosts, Halloween Snowbabies, fall leaves, and some of my own crafts.

S

sheepsnot

When I was growing up (physically) we lived out in the boondocks. My father, who wouldn't spend a dime if he didn't have to, made a fence for the front yard out of old telephone poles and lathe. Classic, let me tell you. On each pole we would sit our jack-o-lanterns and light them up, then go stand in the road and watch them burn. It was either that or Lawrence Welk. But, even though we were out in the middle of nowhere, kids from the college in town would come out there every year and smash our pumpkins while we slept. Tradition... :pumpkin: tradition!

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
i wish i was better at carving punkers than i am. i suck at it. even with those templates and things. i just suck. it is sad, really. here's hoping the bf has some talent in that regard!

i love the image of all those jackies lined up on the fence posts, grinning in the night.

:boo:

S

sheepsnot

I remember the time I put the pirate mask on the basketball and put it under the toilet lid. I was nervous about scaring my mom and even more nervous that she wouldn't notice it.
:frankenstein:

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
LOLOLOL!!!!

love ya shnott!!

xo

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
I guess I'm just decoration crazy. At Halloween, my house looks like the Haunted Mansion. We have a ghost bride in the center upstairs window, and in the yard we have a graveyard with funny tombstones, a skeleton wedding, and on the porch we have a scarecrow family with 2 baby scarecrows. The inside gets all decked out with my vintage Halloween collection. We try to keep it harmless, because so many very young children come to get candy on Halloween. No gore, and just a little scary.
After Halloween, while I'm on the chairs and ladders taking everything down, I'm also putting up all the Christmas lights. Colored lights and wreaths in the windows, lights on the porch, lights in the yard, a Nativity scene, the whole nine yards. I'm the only person in my neighborhood who decorates, and I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts, but who cares. It's a lot of fun to come home to after a long day's work!

gracie

Twinkle Light Checker
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 15, 2004
I decorate for fall but dont do a whole lot for Halloween. I really like fall decorations -- I think I will dig some out tomorrow and see what I can do around the house. :???:

mrshfromjersey

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Port Charlotte, FL
home.earthlink.net
I can't wait for Halloween this year. We're actually going to be in a house and a neighborhood....instead of an upstairs apartment. I'm hoping for loads of trick-or-treaters!

:coffin:

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
every year we buy candy, & I have to eat it(darn) no kids come through here

S

sheepsnot

MerryBells said:
It's a lot of fun to come home to after a long day's work!

Exactly! It's your castle and should be a place to look forward to. I love waiting for the trick or treaters, but can't be too scary cause we live at the top of the stairs and I'd hate to send them tumbling down!
:bat:

Misfit Toy

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 5, 2006
Toronto
I get into the spirit early, getting close to Xmas, I think of Halloween just like the name of the movie, the “nightmare before Xmas” . October through to mid January is great. I put a few things out in the house and try to get pumpkins in time for Thanksgiving, but the majority of it I wait until Halloween day because a lot of stuff can’t stay outside. I have scary music playing outside, scares some of the little kids haha, get all the fallen leaves and use them to decorate and make a trail to the front door and make it look good. I love decorating for the holidays and going all out. Lots of fun.

Even picked up the new Roseanne Halloween edition DVD all ready to watch, those eps were the best! :fangs:

S

sheepsnot

Getting close to official autumn decorating season. It was 91º the other day, which takes the fun out of it. The past couple days have been rainy and much cooler. I saw that a buddy of mine up in northern Maine had a freeze warning last night. Sweet! :ghost:

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
IT WAS 58* THIS MORNING WHEN I GOT UP TO TAKE MY WALK!!!!!!!! i soooooooooo want some gingerbread and nog but my hips are screaming NO!!!

:D

xo

caseydbell

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 5, 2005
Houston Texas
caseydbell.wordpress.com
I remember when we used to do halloween we went all out. Our front porch had spider webs a stuffed freddy and window stickers on the door. Our inside were decorated in every room. But now we dont do halloween :-D wich means more decorations for other holidays (Thanksgiving :happy: & Christmas :wiggy: )

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
what possible reasons could a person have for not enjoying halloween????!!!!

that is just CRAZY talk!!!!!

:???:

xo

S

sheepsnot

Candy allergies, unnatural aversion to Ben Cooper products, stuff like that.

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
oh man.... if i developed an allery for candy, i think i would just find a high bridge and jump off!!!

:D

xo

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image