howdy from Texas

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in awhile as I was diagnosed with cancer in January. It has been a tough year with chemo, but I'm proud to say that it is now in remission. I'm sorry I've been out of touch because of that, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone and hope all is well with each of you.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello and welcome back, usafvet!
I'm sorry you've had such a rough year and I pray that the holidays will be bring you much joy and laughter!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Welcome back Usafvet. I’m sorry to hear that you had cancer but i’m also very happy for you, to hear that it is in remission.

Thank you for you service. My son just re-upped in the Maryland Air National Guard and he plans to make a career of it. He works full time in the Guard at the base. I myself am a Navy vet.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Welcome back,glad your in remission,please enjoy the merry fun with this christmas family.welcomewinterani-lm.gif

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
So glad to hear you're in remission. Wish we would have known you were going through that. It has been a tough year for many of us but that's a real rough thing go through. My heart goes out to you.

We are SO glad you're back!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I just came across a picture you posted awhile back & I was thinking how we haven't seen you for awhile!!

I'm glad you are back & so happy to hear you are in remission!! Wishing you much health & happiness in the coming years!!!

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
Thank you all so much for the well wishes, prayers, and encouragement. I feel tremendously blessed to be in remission and am very excited for this upcoming season. Last Christmas I was feeling horrible...was running tumor fevers several times a day, didn't feel like celebrating in ways that used to bring me so much joy. I decorated for for my wife and kids (who love Christmas also) but I had no joy in doing it. I didn't feel well enough to undecorate until mid March (my HOA really was unhappy about that, but they understood once they learned I was battling cancer).

I'm looking forward to this Christmas season though. Going through and surviving cancer certainly has given me a thankful perspective for my life. I consider myself a man of faith, but the journey even strengthened it in a way that I want to make sure to go all out in giving glory to Him.

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Great to see you back, usafvet!

I'm happy that you kicked cancer to the curb! Hope the 2018 Season Thankful Perspective is a good one!

Reactions: FrostyKnowsBest

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in awhile as I was diagnosed with cancer in January. It has been a tough year with chemo, but I'm proud to say that it is now in remission. I'm sorry I've been out of touch because of that, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone and hope all is well with each of you.
Welcome back, usafvet! I'm sorry you've had to deal with that, but thank the Lord it's in remission!

I hope you're back at MMC to stay!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Welcome back! Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough year, but hoping the holidays bring you some joy!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Welcome back, usavet! It’s so great to see you!
I’m sorry you’ve had such a tough year. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers~ God bless you & yours.
Wishing you a holiday season filled with peace, joy, and many blessings!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image