I have a confession

SW1Dennis

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Jun 14, 2007
Chandler AZ
:sparkle:

I wish to confess something that has been on my mind for the longest time and I feel that it's time that I come clean.

I, SW1 Dennis admit that I am the Grinch/Scrooge of Valentines Day. I must stop Valentines Day from coming.

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Well, my other half is the Jacob Marley to your Scrooge. I'll send him round and you can stop Valentine's Day together and make the world a safer place from all these florists, card companies and (sorry Jeff) candy manufacturers h*llbent on brainwashing us into parting with hard earned money on a made up holiday to line their pockets.

See, I was paying attention!!!!

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
i dont think jeff likes valentines day either

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
my personal feelings on the subject of VALIUMTIME'S DAY is that "wooohoooo, an ENTIRE HOLIDAY that has, as its SOLE PURPOSE, to point out to the world that i cant get a date"!

may cupid rot in hades.......

:D

xo

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
Ha,ha,ha,ha,! Hey Jeff I hate VD too! and Valentine's Day!

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
Oh great, I just spit tea all over my keyboard. cheesycheesycheesy

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
oh i am loving this thread!!!!!! too funny.

i actually love valentine's day - any excuse for a box of chocolates!

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats wrong with you bunch of Scrooges?
Val Day is great!
You just have to know how to do it.
My wife and daughter get all kinds of goodies and such for the day.
Cards, flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals, poetry, etc then a nice gift later, plus dinner out and a movie later that night once lil one is in bed!
I have the card and new piece of written (well now i type it up) poetry in her car before she goes to work and then she gets flowers at work.
She and Noel come home to chocolates, stuffed animals and generally some jewelry or something.
Then i either make steaks or we go out to eat.
Followed by a new movie for us to watch once Noel is tucked away.

Come on Folks!
Where is the LOVE!!!???

Plus on top of that - it just means MARDI GRAS is that much CLOSER!!!

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
Rodmonster......your wife is a very lucky woman. My hubby feels like Jeff does about VD. Hey how is your wife feeling, any more morning sickness or is she past that??

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
=)

Thanks!
And still a bit of morning sickness - 4 months as of today though...
=)

Rodmonster......your wife is a very lucky woman. My hubby feels like Jeff does about VD. Hey how is your wife feeling, any more morning sickness or is she past that??

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
Come on Folks!
Where is the LOVE!!!???

THAT would be the question! i would love to have a groovy romantic sappy valentine's day, but it has never happened. ever. even on those rare occasions when i had a bf, we managed to break up or some such inconvenience right before the 14th, so at the ripe old age of 51, i have never ever ever had a date or a romantic event of any kind on the stupid day. so, as i said, that dumb ol cherub can just rot, as far as i am concerned!!!

that said... anyone having an available sibling or uncle or friend they would like to intro me to.......

;-)

xox

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
My husband always wants to do something for Valentines Day but, I'm just not into it. It's so sappy. I just don't like it much. The best thing about Valentine's Day is those little candy hearts! I could eat box after box of those. Yum! So, when my husband asks me what I might want or want to do for Valentine's Day this year, I'm going to tell him I want a ton of boxes of candy hearts! We do atleast buy cards for each other.

lmm8606

Santa Clausologist
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I don't like Valentine's day either! I think it's a silly day. Although, not that I would complain if my hubby came home with some chocolates and flowers for me lol

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Whats wrong with you bunch of Scrooges?
Val Day is great!
You just have to know how to do it.
My wife and daughter get all kinds of goodies and such for the day.
Cards, flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals, poetry, etc then a nice gift later, plus dinner out and a movie later that night once lil one is in bed!
I have the card and new piece of written (well now i type it up) poetry in her car before she goes to work and then she gets flowers at work.
She and Noel come home to chocolates, stuffed animals and generally some jewelry or something.
Then i either make steaks or we go out to eat.
Followed by a new movie for us to watch once Noel is tucked away.

Come on Folks!
Where is the LOVE!!!???

Plus on top of that - it just means MARDI GRAS is that much CLOSER!!!

Rod, buddy ---

That's every day in my house, pal. I don't need a reminder shoved down my thoat of how and when to tell my wife and my daughters I love them. In fact, I detest the expectation implied by the whole thing. It makes me look like a lemming and feel like a heel.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
the thing is, my partner DOES actually need a reminder of when to tell me that he loves me so valentine's comes in handy!

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Thats

Thats excellent!
Nicely done.
I must say my wife and little girl are spoiled throughout the year as well for no reason at all.... but they get a bit more on that day.
Way to keep it alive Jeff!

Rod, buddy ---

That's every day in my house, pal. I don't need a reminder shoved down my thoat of how and when to tell my wife and my daughters I love them. In fact, I detest the expectation implied by the whole thing. It makes me look like a lemming and feel like a heel.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image