I won't be manipulated!

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Some may also say the same about Christmas.. I know people that do actually... say you shouldnt be forced to buy gifts for others just because its Dec 25th..

Thankfully my husband showers me with I love you's and special gifts through out the year to show me how he loves me and appreciates me... he calls me 3-4 times a day from work just to talk :)
In fact yesterday he called me from work to ask me out on a date! So we are planning a night out with dinner and movie this weekend... something is working ... we have been married (happily) for going on 17 years! But he enjoys Valentines day he says, because its another day he can get me something special...

Take each day to thank GOD for your spouse, there are those that only have a chisled stone as a reminder of what they once had :(

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I loved reading all these posts...We don't celebrate Valentines Day on a yearly basis, but sometiems we'll buy a card & once in awhile I'll get a surprise at work...flowers, balloons, candy, etc. A couple years ago when I got to work in the morning, there was a big "walking heart" balloon in my office & candy on my desk...my hubby had snuck them in there b/f I got to work. I work w/ all men, so they had a hay day with that!! Lol! They gave my hubby a really hard time for making them look bad & of course they teased him about being a suck up...so that will probably never happen again! Lol!! Some years I make a nice meal, & some years we just have other things going on... We always say "Happy Valentines Day" (my hubby is a UPS driver, so he has no excuse for forgetting...he delivers a lot of Valentines presents! Lol!!) & it's always a special day....we just don't always do the commercialized thing & buy each other something. But I think it's a great day! I especailly like it when it falls through the week & we use it as an excuse to go out to eat! :smile:

gracie

Twinkle Light Checker
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 15, 2004
I like ALL the holidays. I try and make them a big deal for everyone . Most of the time they make it a big deal for me.This year we are going to a valentines day ball. I have a dilema. Do I wear the blue and silver dress or the black satin skirt and the white lace top? Whats a girl to do?

Billy Battles

Santa's Doppelganger
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 12, 2007
On Santas good list(Hopefully)
That's because in our business on Valentine's Day it is dominated by male customers and we are, frankly, sheep and pretty dumb ones at that.

Jeff

Not only am I not a sheep I am a nonconformist. I only do things because I want to not because I want to fit in. I truly mean it. I could never be a sheeple.

Billy Battles

Santa's Doppelganger
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 12, 2007
On Santas good list(Hopefully)
Who me? baaaa No way! Baaa

Actually me and my Girlfriend are not really celabrating Valentines Day this year because our one year anniversery is on Saturday.

I think I did see you in the store though wasn't that you that with the 5 dozen roses and a shoppng cart full of candy.

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
:dance:

After everything my OH has said over the last.......decade about Valentine's Day being a rip-off and purely there to line the pockets of florists and card manufacturers (sorry, and candy people!!) I was presented with a bouquet of flowers tonight. Literally, the first time in - oh, it has to be at least 12 years. I burst into tears!!! He didn't know what to do!!! I tried to explain to him that it meant more to me because I knew he didn't agree with it - does that make sense?

I also came in this evening to find that Bruce (son) bought me 12 red roses as well.

I'm so thrilled with my guys I can't begin to tell you - and I'm going to keep it quiet that they're a day early!!!!!!!!!

Cedarfarm

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 30, 2007
Oh Maureen! That's just pure happiness! I'm happy for you!!!
See? VD day isn't so bad afterall!!!cheesy

M

mammaduke

We will celebrate our 2nd Valentine's Day as husband & wife. I will make us a nice dinner here & we will spend a quiet night at home. I bought hubby monkey dressed in a biker outfit & a box of candy.
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!!!!

M

MerryChristmasLydio

Ok, I confess: I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. Pretty pathetic, I know, for a married man with six daughters to admit.

I just never liked the idea of being compelled to tell my sweetheart (or my little girls) that I love her.

I don't want to be forced to buy jewelry or flowers. I don't want the element of surprise taken from my "I Love Yous".

Also, truth be told, I'm in the candy business. And Valentine's Day is, bar none, the biggest headache of all the holidays.

That's because in our business on Valentine's Day it is dominated by male customers and we are, frankly, sheep and pretty dumb ones at that.

Jeff

Valentine's Day has never been my thing. BUT this year was great! I got to go to a Valentine's Banquet with my friends. I have photos in my album.cheesy

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image