Late Thanksgiving

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Got to looking at this website, which shows what day of the month Thanksgiving has fallen on (or will fall on) between 1990 and 2020.

Apparently it always falls on November 22nd at the earliest and November 28th at the latest. I guess it just feels like Thanksgiving should come between November 22nd to November 25th, any later than that seems...late.

U.S. Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday in November.

Reactions: 2 people

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Got to looking at this website, which shows what day of the month Thanksgiving has fallen on (or will fall on) between 1990 and 2020.

Apparently it always falls on November 22nd at the earliest and November 28th at the latest. I guess it just feels like Thanksgiving should come between November 22nd to November 25th, any later than that seems...late.

Well, doggone it. It looks like we'll have a couple more years of late Thanksgivings before we have another early one. Grrrr. :x

Reactions: 4 people

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I'm torn on the late Thanksgiving, whether I like it or not. Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year. I know it sounds strange, since I'm a Christmas nut. But, on Christmas day the season is almost over. On Thanksgiving it's in full swing and there's so much anticipation and excitement.

Quoted for truth. Sometimes it feels like I'm more excited for Christmas in Mid November then on Christmas Day.

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010

Right, I was just saying that apparently "fourth Thursday in November" equals "never earlier than Nov. 22nd and never later than Nov. 28th". A late Thanksgiving is what we'll just have to put up with some years, it seems...

:rudolph:

Reactions: 3 people

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Quoted for truth. Sometimes it feels like I'm more excited for Christmas in Mid November then on Christmas Day.

I agree with that ... when the season is fresh and weeks of the Christmas season are ahead, I'm more excited than on Christmas Day, when it'll all be over by bedtime!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image