Let's pause for a moment to talk about.....

E

Ervserver

I like to bite into a drumstick and have the juice squirt all over.

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
:carve:I can do with the Turkey (usually white meat), apple stuffing, yes I have left the goodie bag in the bird, yes I have given the bird to my spouse, hate sweet potatoes and yams, detest green bean casserole, love green beans, love cranberry jelly sauce (canned), and no I don't eat this in the can or have canned laughter (but that was good). Brown paper bag for cooking. Even though I did try a turkey breast cooked in a crock pot. Quite delicious.

Chillywilly

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 21, 2007
Northern California
Head Elk That All Sounds good. The only thing that I would change would be the apple stuffing for my mothers famous dressing! Ummmm Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
Any stuffing will do actually, well maybe not my mothers. She could never make it the same twice. But either way, we said it was good.

Ali

Holiday Fangirl
MMC Lifer
Apr 12, 2007
England via Canada
White meat with crispy skin, stuffing out, cranberry jelly...jelly, not sauce! And don't tell my brother. He always hogs all the cranberry. cheesy

EstherSmith

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Sep 7, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Oh, my goodness, there is nothing better than the stuffing cooked INSIDE the turkey! It has so much turkey flavor and is so moist! Delicious1 We are big stuffing fans in my family, so we always cook a separate casserole of it as well, outside the bird. But, we usually end up eating that as leftovers later.

I've never cooked a whole turkey--we always have Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house and she cooks it. Now, that I'm married, we eat TWICE. Early in the afternoon at my sister's, and later at my in-law's. I hate doing that, but what are you gonna do? No one lives far enough away for us to get out of it.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
My Recipe for THE PERFECT Thanksgiving:

- 1 Turkey large enough to feed eight and anyone else who smelled our turkey.
- Green Beans with pecans and bacon
- No 'goodie bag'
- Stuffing inside the turkey (I don't like stuffing at all, but everyone else does.)
- Homeade Sweet Potatoe Pie.
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pie
- One Venti Pumpkin Mocha Frapp.
- The whole entire family.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Oh I love turkey! White meat is my fav! I also make a Broccoli and cheese dish that is divine....and I always make sage dressing and I always stuff the bird.....Mmmmmmm I'm getting hungry here!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image