Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live365 Says they're coming back

Discussion in 'Christmas Radio & Audio' started by Storeytime, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Storeytime

Storeytime Santa's Sleigh Designer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa

2. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Somewhere in the back of my mind was the idea that Live365 was using all the new internet radio rules as an excuse to disappear for a bit and revamp. Either that or major investors had made their money and just didn't want the hassle.

Looks like the latter. I admit that a powerhouse and pioneer like Live365 deciding to call it quits was puzzling.

Now I'm anxious to see the new product. I'm wondering too if another entity purchased the brand for another go.

Interesting. I bet the back story is as well.

XmasDreams likes this.
  3. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew Christmas Card Exchange 2017 MMC Founder

Calling themselves "curators" tells me they will specialize in old, out of print kind of material.

XmasDreams and RadioJonD like this.
  4. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Very plausible; working around the new rules and copyright issues. Much of the really old media is in a huge grey area. The writers/publishers are long gone with no idea if family heirs remain and where they are if they do.

Don't think for a minute that the legal suits of the copyright police won't be digging deep for a piece of this pie that eludes them.

Sharity communitie like FaLaLaLaLa.com and individual blogs like Ernie (Not Bert) have long been a source for this type of out of print music. The copyright police have always been making waves by sending threatening cease and desist letters causing
    some to call it quits in the face of legal battles. Stir the grey area as much as possible even if the threats are currently unfounded.

Whether Live365 can stake a legitimate, more importantly profitable, claim in this realm will be interesting indeed. At any rate, if this is their focus, listen out for some really genuine forgotten pearls among the drivel that should have remained buried and lost forever.

I envision a killer Christmas music channel!

XmasDreams likes this.
  5. RadioJonD

6. KWasser

KWasser Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

I've been to the new Live365 website and...I don't see any Christmas music stations? Nothing "seasonal" either....

7. JayIsh

JayIsh MMC Musicmaster, MerryChristmasRadio Christmas Crew Christmas Card Exchange 2017 MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum

I joined Friday night and am kicking the tires a bit...look for JayIsh's Podcast & Merry Christmas Radio!

8. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Added and bookmarked the channel. Haven't had much time to listen much since majority of my online habits this week has been on Twitch watching the 886 episode marathon of every episode of Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Been hooked since most of the shows so far are from the early days still showing in B&W.

9. Storeytime

Storeytime Santa's Sleigh Designer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa

Cool Jay, listening now.

10. RadioJonD

I've got a lot of catching up to do!