Man Bouquet for Valentine's Day

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Here is an idea for men on Valentines Day...
(I actually used this idea when my brother was in the hospital)

I took a 6pk cardboard beer bottle holder (I think I had used bud light removed the beer because they wouldn't allow it in the hospital)
I then added packaged jerky to it
His favorite candy (ie: bottle pops etc)
Individual servings of Lipton tea bags..
His favorite comic book(s) and/or magazine
He loved it..I also added a couple of get well balloons to it as well..
I think this would be a great idea for the man in your life since most men I know don't care much about chocolates or flowers really.
Here are a few other ideas you could use as well...
Fishing lures
Flashlight
Sunflower Seeds etc...
Easy to make and inexpensive.

Last edited:
M

mammaduke

You come up with the best ideas , thanks that really helps since we won't have any money for Valentines Day.

M

mammaduke

I'll have to try that this year for Bob. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
I do something very similar for my DH for Valentine's Day almost every year.

I take a plain metal bucket and fill it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way with newspaper. Then, on top of that, I arrange his favorite snacks (small packages of cashews, small bags of his favorite chips, a jar of salsa, some beef jerky, etc.), a couple of bottles of his favorite drinks (Starbucks Frappaccino and some Mt. Dew), a few instant lottery tickets, maybe a CD or DVD or some other small gift that I think he'd like.

Once it's all arranged, I pull a cellophane bag (or wrap if I don't have a bag) up over the top of the bucket, pull it together and tie a nice bow to finish it off.

My Dh LOVES it! I'd sent him flowers before, candy before, the usual, typical stuff...and gotten very little response from him. The one time I sent him flowers a female co-worker of his had to call and tell me that they'd arrived and that they were beautiful...he didn't even bother to bring them home with him. :(

Then, the first year I sent him the bucket of goodies...he flipped. He called me so excited that he couldn't hardly stand himself and all his male co-workers were jealous that they're girlfriends and wives hadn't sent them a "goodie bucket".

The next year, he dropped all kinds of hints as V-Day approached...and he still does several years later.

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
can we give it a different name? something macho?cheesy

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:hello: How about calling it ...

Macho Man Bouquet
Daddy-O Bouquet
Dude There's No Flowers In This Bouquet

Okay, let's wonder off the bouquet theme - how about ...

Chill Ya Buddy
Hipster Thingamajigs

And my personal favourite
Supermurgitroidbasket

I gave a man flowers once. I asked my mom if it was okay to give a man flowers and she said, "yes, if he likes flowers". So I knocked on the door of the nice old man who used to walk his dog when I walked mine and he taught me all kinds of things about nature at the polywog pond. I wanted to thank him. His wife answered the door.
I said, "these flowers are for your husband. He's a very nice man and he answers alllll of my questions about bugs and stuff." She accepted the flowers on his behalf. He wasn't at home.
I left and wondered why she had such a strange expression on his face. When I got home, my mother asked me where I had been and I told her.
She said, " I had a call from Scotty (the dog's) owner and she wasn't mad, but she wanted me to have a little talk with you about the flowers." I shook my head and said, "I hope she isn't jealous. I don't have a crush on him, I just wanted to say thanks." My mom said, "no, dear, she's not jealous. She wanted me to tell you not to pick flowers from other people's gardens to give to them."

Yep, that's what I did.

My mom added, "and it would have been a nicer gift if you had removed the soil, roots and insects before presenting your bouquet."

Glad she called. It didn't occur to me that picking out the flowers from her beautiful garden was wrong, not to mention my lack of pruning knowledge.

Reactions: Annette

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
can we give it a different name? something macho?cheesy
Sure DVDGUY...what would you suggest?
Maybe something like Mancho Man Munchies...and we could add some tums or rolaids to it...*L

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I do something very similar for my DH for Valentine's Day almost every year.

I take a plain metal bucket and fill it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way with newspaper. Then, on top of that, I arrange his favorite snacks (small packages of cashews, small bags of his favorite chips, a jar of salsa, some beef jerky, etc.), a couple of bottles of his favorite drinks (Starbucks Frappaccino and some Mt. Dew), a few instant lottery tickets, maybe a CD or DVD or some other small gift that I think he'd like.

Once it's all arranged, I pull a cellophane bag (or wrap if I don't have a bag) up over the top of the bucket, pull it together and tie a nice bow to finish it off.

My Dh LOVES it! I'd sent him flowers before, candy before, the usual, typical stuff...and gotten very little response from him. The one time I sent him flowers a female co-worker of his had to call and tell me that they'd arrived and that they were beautiful...he didn't even bother to bring them home with him. :(

Then, the first year I sent him the bucket of goodies...he flipped. He called me so excited that he couldn't hardly stand himself and all his male co-workers were jealous that they're girlfriends and wives hadn't sent them a "goodie bucket".

The next year, he dropped all kinds of hints as V-Day approached...and he still does several years later.

Great story and ideas Sunshine..I know men are pretty simple for the most part...How flowers trigger some women men I know are just the opposite they could care less..but if you mention a day of fishing, beer and chili dogs their always game. The response you get is like going into a dark room and turning the light oncheesy

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
:hello: How about calling it ...

Macho Man Bouquet
Daddy-O Bouquet
Dude There's No Flowers In This Bouquet

Okay, let's wonder off the bouquet theme - how about ...

Chill Ya Buddy
Hipster Thingamajigs

And my personal favourite
Supermurgitroidbasket

I gave a man flowers once. I asked my mom if it was okay to give a man flowers and she said, "yes, if he likes flowers". So I knocked on the door of the nice old man who used to walk his dog when I walked mine and he taught me all kinds of things about nature at the polywog pond. I wanted to thank him. His wife answered the door.
I said, "these flowers are for your husband. He's a very nice man and he answers alllll of my questions about bugs and stuff." She accepted the flowers on his behalf. He wasn't at home.
I left and wondered why she had such a strange expression on his face. When I got home, my mother asked me where I had been and I told her.
She said, " I had a call from Scotty (the dog's) owner and she wasn't mad, but she wanted me to have a little talk with you about the flowers." I shook my head and said, "I hope she isn't jealous. I don't have a crush on him, I just wanted to say thanks." My mom said, "no, dear, she's not jealous. She wanted me to tell you not to pick flowers from other people's gardens to give to them."

Yep, that's what I did.

My mom added, "and it would have been a nicer gift if you had removed the soil, roots and insects before presenting your bouquet."

Glad she called. It didn't occur to me that picking out the flowers from her beautiful garden was wrong, not to mention my lack of pruning knowledge.

HA HA...loved it!:snowball:

M

mammaduke

You guys come up with some of the best ideas. Since Bob is a carpenter I think I'll give him a tool box in it I'll put a tape measure, tracing pencils, box cutters,little odd items that he usually won't buy, then as suggested I'll add his favorite chips, some strech offs, pop,other little things.
Thanks Annette for starting this post.

Girlywyrly

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2008
Newbie just wanted to say ...

Saw you post. Good Idea. Yes it is hard to find stuff for men on the big V day. Mine, luckily decided to go snowmobiling so I'm off the hook.

I did find this thing that's sort of like your gift, but you just order it. It's called a beef jerky bouquet. It was on a digg blog. I went to their dot com. Pretty cool actually.

It looked liked only beef jerky and meat snacks. Might have been some candy, at least it looked like it.

Still your idea was fun if you wanted to do that. As I said, mine is getting coal for leaving. He didn't even know it was
Valentines Day when he planned the trip, "Ouch." I may have to spend a day at the spa to forgive him.

ha ha.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Saw you post. Good Idea. Yes it is hard to find stuff for men on the big V day. Mine, luckily decided to go snowmobiling so I'm off the hook.

I did find this thing that's sort of like your gift, but you just order it. It's called a beef jerky bouquet. It was on a digg blog. I went to their dot com. Pretty cool actually.

It looked liked only beef jerky and meat snacks. Might have been some candy, at least it looked like it.

Still your idea was fun if you wanted to do that. As I said, mine is getting coal for leaving. He didn't even know it was
Valentines Day when he planned the trip, "Ouch." I may have to spend a day at the spa to forgive him.

ha ha.

Men..*L* Well I can't blame ya for heading to the spa...hey why not.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
*L* DvdGuy you are so funny. But I think she meant us gals. Unless you feel like taggin' along. You could always bring Mrs. H for a pedi or mani too..

gracie

Twinkle Light Checker
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 15, 2004
I like the Macho Man Munchies and adding Tums to it.(sigh) Men are so difficult to buy for sometimes. I really like this idea

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image