Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Need help remembering the name of a Christmas record from my youth.

Discussion in 'Retro' started by keschjr, Dec 25, 2011.

1. keschjr

keschjr Merry Forums Newbie Merry Forums Member

Hello everybody, and Merry Christmas!

I am posting here to see if any of you can help me remember the name of a certain Christmas album that I used to listen to as a very young child. I was born in 1977, so this album may date from the late '70s (or perhaps mid-70's) or very early 80's. I remember a few very specific things about the album:

1) There were lots of rich, layered male and female vocal harmonies, almost Carpenter-esque, though definitely not from the Carpenters. Very warm "70's sound" to the whole thing.

2) The first song on the album was a medley, I believe, and it started with the male and female singers singing "Happy Christmas, Happy Christmas, Happy Chriiiiissssttttmmmmaaaaas!" (with bells after each "Happy Christmas") and then launching into (I think) a rendition of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

3) The cover, as far as I can remember, featured a hodgepodge of various Christmas items, perhaps sitting in little nooks or shelves. I very clearly remember one of the items (near the bottom of the cover, I believe), being a stuffed Santa Claus with a yarn beard.

This album is currently my holy grail of childhood Christmas memories, and I'm hoping the information above might jog someone's memory.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Ed

1 person likes this.
  2. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

I bet RadioJonD might be able to help you with this. I am sure he will see this post soon and might have an answer. cheesy

1 person likes this.
  3. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Kringle Radio DJ

Sounds like something by the Caroleers or Regency Singers. The description of the album cover however puts me in mind of a department store compilation given to customers back during that time.

Ed, start looking in thrift stores and used record stores. Usually they will have a good selection of Christmas records. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Welcome to MMC Ed! Take a moment and post in the introduction thread.

1 person likes this.