Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Netflix, Hulu, Prime Addicts

Discussion in 'Home & Family' started by sugar142286, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

I have CBS All-Access just for the latest Star Trek, but as soon as I watch the last episode of the season, I'll stop the service till next season.

sugar142286 likes this.
  2. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I just canceled Hallmark Movies Now. I signed in to it and looked - there is nothing good on there and since we have both the regular channels, it just wasn't worth paying the extra money. Thanks for reminding me! Haha

Bradmac likes this.
  3. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

I love NETFLIX..thats all we have or suscribe too.I love long series to stream on netflix..right now im watching the series The dissapearance of Madeleine McCann an also the long series Eternal Love..

Bradmac and sugar142286 like this.
  4. sugar142286

Currently just got done with the third season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime and another series that DH and I LOVED on there, that the shows are only 30 minutes long, so we were able to breeze long and binge fast, was called Catastrophe. It's a British comedy about marriage, life, and kids. It was hilarious!

The other series I recently got done binging was Dead to Me. It's on Netflix and is just in the first season. It's a comedy/drama and I highly recommend that one as well!

The Ranch is coming back on for another season on Netflix soon and it's by far one of my favorites. It's a comedy too!

5. sugar142286

Currently watching Good Witch (Hallmark) series on Netflix

6. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

060CEEB9-5B38-405D-AD3F-500726D95819.jpeg Currently watching Lifetime’s “Wrapped Up In Christmas” on YouTube

sugar142286 likes this.
  7. wstaple

wstaple Mistletoe Hanger MMC Premiere Member

We’ve watched “Heartland” on Netflix. Nice family show.

Also on Netflix, try “You.” I read the book and the sequel - very suspenseful.

On Prime, try “Tin Star.” Very intense, but beautiful scenery.

Tinsel and sugar142286 like this.
  8. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

I have Netflix, Hulu, and A. Prime. Pretty much every TV series from the past is on at least one of them. I binged Call the Midwife last year. Sometimes I forget which service is showing what I'm watching. So thankful for "continue watching". I loved Switched at Birth and The Fosters. I binged House, then found another series starring Hugh Laurie called Chance so I watched both seasons of that. Atypical is very good and I enjoy many of the documentaries on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I subscribed to Hallmark Now just so I could watch the spin off of When Calls the Heart. It's called When Hope Calls and I am enjoying it. I saw a few other movies on that service that I liked but I'll probably drop it after When Hope Calls finishes for this season. I can always pick it up for a month and binge the next season. I get two Hallmark channels on TV so I'm waiting patiently for the movies to start.

sugar142286 likes this.
  9. sugar142286

I really liked you You as well! I haven’t read the book yet, but look forward to doing so!

10. sugar142286

Is anyone big Disney fans? They are coming out with Disney Plus, which is connected with Disney and is more than just Disney - it’s Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and so much more. We can’t wait for it to come out here.

11. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We may look into it.

sugar142286 likes this.
  12. Dudley

For those interested, if you have Verizon Wireless with an Unlimited Data plan you'll be able to get the Disney Plus channel free for a year. You'll sign-up through the Verizon website when it is available in November.

sugar142286 and wstaple like this.
  13. sugar142286

You lucky Verizon people, you. I’m a Disney lover, but unfortunately don’t have Verizon. This was very nice of you to share! Thanks for doing so!

Dudley likes this.
  14. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

I'm cancelling Hallmark Movies Now and Hulu until next Fall. I subscribed to Apple TV for a month to watch a few things and I'll cancel it when I'm done.

15. Dudley

Disney Plus became available Tuesday and we were able to activate it through our Verizon account. It is my understanding that by Wednesday there were over 10,000,000 subscribers.

It's laid out very well and there is indeed a WHOLE BUNCH of content. We have it available on all four of the TVs.

16. sugar142286

What is everyone thinking of Disney Plus? I am loving it so far! It is really taking me back to my childhood!

prancer likes this.
  17. Dudley

We are enjoying it as well.

sugar142286 likes this.
  18. christmasjingles

christmasjingles Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

I’m liking Disney Plus. They have a lot to offer. So far, I’ve watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and I’ve been watching the Nat Geo sow “The Amazing Dr Pol.” I live with my sister and her family (but the account is mine) and I’m waiting until she has time to watch Lady and the Tramp (the old version.) She’s never seen it. Plus, they are big sci-fi fans, so we’re waiting for everyone’s schedule to coincide so we can watch the Mandalorian. I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but haven’t watched Netflix in some time.

sugar142286 likes this.
  19. sugar142286

There are some really great series on Amazon Prime!

christmasjingles likes this.
  20. sugar142286

Currently watching the last season of Fuller House - the kids and I love this show. I'll be sad to see it go!