New Years Day

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:snowball:Is anyone doing anything special on New Years Day? Since I'm staying home New Years Eve, I'm planning on going grocery shopping that morning, and making a turkey breast for dinner. WE may take down the tree, but we'll see what happens.

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
We usually have a family New Year's Day lunch at either my mother's or sister's house. I'm not sure where it is going to be this year though. I need to ask.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I will also be at home New Years Day, no real big plans of doing much of anything as of yet.

scarlet

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Dec 28, 2007
i hope to be going to my mother's house tomorrow night for new year's eve and spending at least part of new year's day there. if not (we are expecting a snowstorm) then home will be just wonderful too. i buy sparkling apple cider for the kids and we have little hors durves and stuff :) however you spell it. it's always a nice time either way.
:hello:

kelly ann

Christmasologist
MMC Member
Oct 15, 2007
swansea. uk
It looks like my new years eve will be spent at home because myself and my daughter are down with some kind of stomach bug. It isnt my favourite holiday anyway so im just going to watch some xmas films and stay in the warm!!

happy new year to you all!!!

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
I'll be shopping...using my Barnes and Noble & Borders gift cards to further clutter my house with additional piles of books that won't fit on my already overstuffed bookcases!

*note to self*

Maybe should ask Santa for new bookshelves next Christmas.

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:snowball:
I'll be shopping...using my Barnes and Noble & Borders gift cards to further clutter my house with additional piles of books that won't fit on my already overstuffed bookcases!

*note to self*

Maybe should ask Santa for new bookshelves next Christmas.
I LOVE to read. I have so many Danielle Steel books. I did get rid of quite a few a couple years ago, when I donated the one's I don't read anymore to my church christmas fair. I have a couple shelves in my den/computer room, and you wouldn't believe how fast those shelves are filling up again!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I am late with this response, but we have a "come in your sweats & watch football" party at our house on New Yeas Day. Usually everybody is slow from New Years Eve, so we just hang out, eat snacks, drink & watch football. I always make sausage & sauerkraut & this year my hubby made ribs! We take an annual picture ~ I set the timer on my camera & get everybody in the picture! It's a fun day!

M

mammaduke

Didn't even think to make a resolution this year, usually I break them before the month is done anyway.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Most people break them...its hard to keep them. I've kept 1 though before.
Well one is better than none...
I like what Oprah said...
"Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right".

P

pbrbullrider

Mine is so busted lol

Annette: i like that one u said

I like what Oprah said...
"Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right".

Jeff G. "bullrider"

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image